[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fuck I should have charged her way more.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I have a question regarding commissions.

I've been asked by a musician to do a logo/typeface for her stage name. I've never charged anyone before and stupidly only asked for a very small amount of money in our first emails. I then found out that she actually has a record label behind her and that this is potentially a 'bigger' job than i first thought.
I've since worked on the typeface and have three contact sheets to show her to see if she wants to go ahead and use one of my designs.

I have 2 questions

1. Is it stupid and amateur or even just rude to put a light cross watermark on the contact sheets? They're slightly lowres.

2. Am I entitled to ask for more money, how should I go about that and how much?

Thanks in advance anonkun.
>>
>>291838
>Is it stupid and amateur or even just rude to put a light cross watermark on the contact sheets
yes it tends to piss off clients use a contract instead (adobe sign /echosign)
>Am I entitled to ask for more money, how should I go about that and how much?
for the amount it usually depends of the place where you are and the hours/quality of the designs for renegotiating the price i'm not sure of asking for more money i wouldn't do that since it might piss off the client so maybe you will want to come clean and speak to her as you are doing it now not sure

https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/20-unacceptable-behaviors-for-freelance-web-designers/
>>
>watermark
surely you've set up a contract which counters her stealing your work
>am i entitled to ask for more money
you can do what you like mate but it will probably piss her off. better to do it, learn your lesson, and charge more in the future.
>>
>>291839
>>291840

Thanks for the advice. The problem is it's a really casual thing, a friend of a friend who liked some of the stuff I've done. The initial sum I said was just me throwing out a number, so I said £20, but I've been told by people and friends to have at least gone for £100. But you guys are right, it's my mistake.

I'll just stick by the original plan, thanks again.
>>
>>291841
Brother, £20 says a lot about you. If you work for any more than 3 hours that's lower than minimum wage.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSkoolRocks

Check these guys out, they'll teach you the business of design. You could have EASILY charged +£200, and LIKELY charged +£1000
>>
Always ask what their budget is OP!
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.