[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make images fade out like this around the edges?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

How do I make images fade out like this around the edges?
>>
>>288879
better question, what trickery of the blend tool is used to create that vector texture?
>>
>>288879
Halftones. Doable in Photoshop with Color Halftone, Illustrator with the built-in halftone effect (better with the Phantasm plugin), or Clip Studio Paint with Tone. I'm sure many other programs can also do it.
>>
>>288885

"halftones" is a printing technique to generate color range and gradients prior to process band printing.

While the effect name in PS and AI is accurate, you referring to "images fade out like this around the edges" as halftones isn't inherently accurate.
>>
In photoshop just blur whatever you want to do that then apply the halftone effect, at least that's how I remember doing it, can't check since I dont have ps installed.
>>
File: halftone.webm (2MB, 798x798px) Image search: [Google]
halftone.webm
2MB, 798x798px
like this
>>
In terms of the fading part, use the circle tool to make a selection, blur that selection a bit, then hit delete to make it fade out. Like the rest of them said, if you're looking for the specific pattern that's halftone, plenty of brushes around.
>>
>>288879
You can do this with bitmapping on Photoshop as well:
-Make your black and white image with the fade/gradient
-go to Image > Mode > Bitmap (change mode to Greyscale if Bitmap isn't selectable)
-Select Halftone Screen from the Method menu and whatever DPI you want depending on how big you want your image
-Select frequency of dots
-Select "Round" under shape menu

ta-da
>>
File: bitmap.jpg (372KB, 984x550px) Image search: [Google]
bitmap.jpg
372KB, 984x550px
>>289481
Pic related.

You could drop this into another document by Ctrl+clicking the Bitmap Channel in the channel tab and then selecting inverse. This will give you a selection of just the black
>>
>>288982
Where do I get this?
I want it.
>>
>>289513
>>288982
bump
>>
>>288982
Is that what you can do with the phantasm plugin ?
>>
>>288892
so what is it referred as
>>
>>288885
>phantasm
>>
>>288982
What program is this in and what tool is being used?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.