[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts? Pitching it Monday.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Big John's BBQ Corral FIX 2.png (60KB, 701x701px) Image search: [Google]
Big John's BBQ Corral FIX 2.png
60KB, 701x701px
Thoughts? Pitching it Monday.
>>
>>287516
Customers Demands:
Horseshoe Logo, Spurred Font, Vintage-esq.

All the lettering is hand done except the ESTD 2008
>>
>>287517
Oh and I have non-distressed versions, the to format would be for small format and the bottom would be for large format.
>>
Some people get very butt-blasted by the "est." dates that are so recent.

I'm surprised you didn't do one with "big john"'s following the bend of the horseshoe. Right now, Bottom is better and more balanced. I would have the "est."ed parts moved down on the top.
>>
>>287516
Distressing on the horseshoe looks wrong. Needs to be grungier instead of 'bits of saw dust'

Consider making the holes on the horseshoe slightly larger - maybe rectangular - and respacing them
>>
File: 20161022_165855.jpg (89KB, 597x599px) Image search: [Google]
20161022_165855.jpg
89KB, 597x599px
>>287519
>I'm surprised you didn't do one with "big john"'s following the bend of the horseshoe

It was on my mind, but too much work to get the font to connect correctly.

>>287520
Good points.
>>
I think the upside down horseshoe is considered bad luck, did they ask for it like that?
>>
>>287541

Yep - see the Olympia Beer logo - My horseshoe is a reduction of theirs for a specific reason.
>>
Opening a BBQ Place is a risky move!
What sides are you pitching?
>>
the horseshoe looks a bit weird :)
>>
>>287556
It's not my business. I don't eat mammals very much anymore.

>>287559
I'll look in to that
>>
The horseshoe kind of looks like a cowboy stance with dirty chaps. Not a fan of it, sorry.

I would personally capitalise the 'big' and try a different script for the 'big Johns'. The script looks a bit Art Deco to me and doesn't fit with the main BBQ text very well.

The more compact bottom composition is much better than the top one which looks a bit too spaced out and sterile for a good ol' fashioned BBQ joint which I assume is the idea.

Also, I understand its what the client wants but Est 2008 just sounds stupid when they are trying to portray an image of a well established family restaurant. But whatever
>>
File: imgres.jpg (14KB, 284x178px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
14KB, 284x178px
Cor(r)al
>>
File: Big John's BBQ Corral 2.1.png (78KB, 826x769px) Image search: [Google]
Big John's BBQ Corral 2.1.png
78KB, 826x769px
>>287577
>>287559

I'm trying to keep to the general silhouette of the "Olympic Beer" horseshoe, I agree it's not the most aesthetically appealing but I know the guys gonna love it, I've given it a bit of a face lift.

He's also gonna freak over the oval for hats, it's simple but I think I have a good read on this guy.
>>
>>287597

Shit I just fixed the kerning on BBQ too. ..
>>
>>287519

idk to me its like unless it was established decades ago, who gives a shit? i feel like there are just too many cases where people are using it as an extra element or space filler.

>>287516
OP, there are more things I like about the logo than I don't like. I like your attention to detail in that texture/rust/whaver your intention was on the horseshoe then reusing it on the text. nice unity. I think the font works and shows good hierarchy but I'm not really sold on the text style for big john's. I feel like it should be a more display font style or just something a little heavier. the size is fine I just think at the moment it looks a little too feminine/soft.

definitely not a bad logo overall though. and again I gave my 2 cents on the EST 2008 thing. I don't think its necessary but if this is for a client and they want it or you just prefer to use it, go nuts. its not interfering with the positive elements of your design.
>>
>>287607
>>287577

OP here, you guys are both right about the font - conceptually I went the wrong way, thing is I suck at building script fonts - so that one took me hours, I'll be damned if I don't include it.If this was my primary source of income I'd acquiesce and switch out my shit for a clean and stylistically appropriate font. But my ego demand I try to pitch it.
>>
Let us know what they give you for feedback, seeing the the product format makes me think they'll only want that one
>>
>>287597

Is the "ESTD 2008" in the large format supposed to be left aligned?

It'd be better if it was centered around the lines beneath it.
>>
File: FEATHER B.jpg (181KB, 495x549px) Image search: [Google]
FEATHER B.jpg
181KB, 495x549px
>>287627
I pitched everything via email yesterday - so now it's the waiting game. Also included were some quick feather banner layouts.

>>287658
Good eye, it was out of alignment, but not as much suggested in my screencap - thanks pixel snapping.
>>
>>287807

May the design Gods smile on you and grant you a contract with Big John and his BBQ brethren
>>
>>287597
for the shirts/cups one, include a reversed one color. all that trapped white may fill up during printing.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.