[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My graphic design class is complete nonsense, our teacher refuses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2020.jpg (141KB, 509x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2020.jpg
141KB, 509x720px
My graphic design class is complete nonsense, our teacher refuses to give us honest feedback on our work. He calls everyones work 'interesting', and people in there span from complete morons who think Word Art is neat, to people who should have their word in galleries.

The teacher had suggested I take the same class next year, but I don't know whether it's worth it or not, the job market for graphic design seems incredibly saturated, and only the best of the best will be able to succeed.

Please, could I have some honest feedback towards my work? I would consider this to be the best thing I've produced so far.

Also is anyone on this board a past New Zealand high school student? I am 18, but due to a series of fuckups on my parents behalf, I'm stuck in Year 12. Has anyone done Graphic Design at Level 3? Has it helped you at all in the future?
>>
it's certainly interesting

I think it's a really neat poster but ultimately not very original, and the idea's done to death.

You're clearly fluent with composition and color theory, why do you waste your talent on memes?
>>
>>286238
I stupidly picked vaporwave as my theme at the beginning of the year.
The system here is that once you've selected what you're theme is for your board, which is basically two A1 panels filled with work, you have to stick with it for the entire year.
I've reached a burnout point now, I've been constructing these types of posters for about nine months now, and honestly I just can't do it anymore.
>>
>>286237
Have any web portfolio?
>>
File: tumblr_nbymqbGZg31s7oebco1_1280.jpg (276KB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbymqbGZg31s7oebco1_1280.jpg
276KB, 1280x1811px
>>286241
the fact you picked vaporwave isnt bad at all. Push the medium forward! You have a bit but yeh the music has really changed.

Have you watched the wosX documentary on vaporwave? Look into some cyborg theory. Look up "simularcra"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulacra_and_Simulation

You dont have to meme. Go beyond the meme.
>>
Not a high school student but I have a couple of friends at MDS. One of them dropped out of uni after 1 year and is focusing on game art, the other has almost finished his degree at UOA and moved to MDS for game design while intending to finish uni part time. The second one did 'design tech' - a type of architecture course - in high school while the former did no high school courses relating to design and just drew as a hobby. If you want to know anything else I can tell you what I know.
>>
design my album art DESU senpai
>>
>>286237
I think the excecution is pretty well done and it is really interesting, but unless you start surpassing the medium of vaporwave it will remain only interesting. The deal with derivative work like that is that your statements as an artist will never be clear enough. If that makes sense

>>286250
I am OBCESSED with this. So smart. Who this from
>>
>>286241
You have to stick with a single theme throughout the entire year? That sounds like dog shit.
>>
>>286250
Yeah, I agree. Use influences from other stuff to push it forward without kicking a corpse. Even though it gets blanketed over as a dead meme, vaporwave is such a huge thing it will never really die out. The important part though, with being such a massive idea and a diverse meme is that nobody will ever really understand it enough to the point where it can be contained and then really start dying. Maybe it's because people are always misusing it or something, that vaporwave is just an dead, empty word, but I like the think that it's still alive, just growing and changing a little each day.
I don't really know a lot of stuff, but I'm pretty sure it's common for millennials to slander "modern" art. And that's all whatever, but one of the bad bad parts about that is how this century is somehow not contributing to art. I think vaporwave is as much an art theme as any other art theme.

Have a great day
>>
>>286237
This is one of the best pieces of vaporwave inspired art I've ever seen, but that's not a particularly high bar to surpass

You'd probably be wasting your time with NCEA level 3. You'll have a tough time finding GD work alone, especially in NZ.. If you're confident you want to pursue design you're best bet is to start learning web shit.
>>
>>286237
this looks fucking horrible, cringing at the fact that you think waporvave isn't some meme and that anyone would ever want that piece of shit in the professional world
>>
>>286237
You have skills, but think that graphic design,in my opinion, "less is more". I´m not sure if vaporwave is really based in fill everything but I feel that the visual path that must see the potential target is kind of misleading But, you know, now the border that separate desing of art is really small and people forget that graphic design was created to sell something, do not misunderstand me, this art is value added, but not the most important thing. Don´t be pessimist, keep working.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.