[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I animate sweeping circles in Animate CC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (15KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
15KB, 1280x720px
I would do it in after effects but I need the animation to remain in vectors.
>>
>>285669
You create half a circle and have it rotate clockwise in the tween properties. You can then use this animation to make a circle appear through masks.
It requires some keyframing to get the timing right seeing you can only mask half a circle at a time. This is one of the things Animate CC is really bad at and requires some workarounds. I'm confused why you'd need to stick to vectors. Doesn't after effects allow vectors from illustrator??

In the end you're better off frame by framing it. Create a circle and remove the ends working backwards, then reverse the frames (select frames > right click > reverse frames). Good luck.
>>
File: Untitled-1.gif (40KB, 700x711px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.gif
40KB, 700x711px
>>285673
>>285669
Just to give you a sample of what it would look like in Animate CC check pic related. Theres obviously some scaling issues but its fairly doable. Its a nightmare to make alterations though because you'd have to do all of them individually. Theres a reason why this effect is so popular, because its easy as pie to do it in After Effects.
>>
>>285675
Not OP, but what's the most efficient program for making motion graphics?
>>
>>285701
After Effects

Animate CC is a fucking frankenstein. It's the remnants of ye olde Flash just re-branded to be 'cool' again so Adobe can justify its existence.

If you want to animate assets for a game or do hand-drawn animation, use Animate.

If you want to do literally anything else as long as it's [moving images], use After Effects.
>>
>>285706
thanks
oh what about maya?
>>
>>285673
thanks for the tips, sounds tedious to animate in animate cc.

so after effects can't export vectors?

I need to animate an icon and I'm doing it frame by frame in illustrator, it's tedious as well
>>
>>285709
you know a video or gif cant be vectors right? whats this for?

ps the shape tool in after effects uses vectors.
>>
>>285706
>If you want to animate assets for a game or do hand-drawn animation, use Animate.
Animator here.

Fuck.

No.

Animate is garbage, unreliable, and not even used in the industry. For vector and flash-styled animation use Toon Boom, or if you want tradigital, TV Paint. Though I've heard good things about Clip Studio Paint.

Yes, they're all awful names.
>>
>>285734
The reason it's not an industry standard is because it's really hard to set up a pipeline in Animate/Flash. There's no assets control if you're working in a bigger team (although they're trying to change that with Animate). But in the sense of an animation program it does what it needs to do for 2D cel drawings. Everyone shouting "it crashes and it's unintuitive" are shills and resort to myths. I'm not saying it's a great software, I'm saying it's not as bad as people make it out to be and it's fairly fast if you don't go outside what it's built for.
>>
File: BIG BS.jpg (49KB, 625x546px) Image search: [Google]
BIG BS.jpg
49KB, 625x546px
>>285735
>are shills and resort to myths.
this shit is mY JOB
>>
>>285737
Breathe anon
>>
>>285737
I don't know if you're aware of this but ToonBoom practically bought itself in the industry. That's the whole reason Flash has faded out and ToonBoom is now the standard in 2D animation environments. Most of Titmouse productions are still drawn with Flash.
How many companies have you worked in as a professional animator Anon?
>>
So ToonBoom can export vectors into Illustrator?
>>
>>285778
If you get the Illustrator that can import SWFs it should work in theory.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.