[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Band Logo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: de_hann6.gif (5KB, 326x217px) Image search: [Google]
de_hann6.gif
5KB, 326x217px
I'm looking to hire a designer to make a simple logo for my power trio. We have an Early 19th Century Military visual style.

I could PayPal $10 for something that makes all of us happy.

Anyone interested? Might be easy beer money...
>>
Some more details to whet your already-salivating appetites:

The name of the band is King's German Legion. We're interested in using the above-pictured horse from the period flag of Hannover as a base, as it is the root of our "regimental heritage". This, however, is just an idea.

We also want to incorporate the letters "KGL", as that is more identifying than the full name of the band. Again, just an idea. Maybe the full name could also be included.

The logo should comfortably fit within a 15.5 in by 15.15 in square on a kick drum head, which is black.

So we were thinking white, gold, and red as possible colors to rest on that black background.

I know $10 isn't much, but we don't have a lot of money and I believe nobody should work for free. After all, we dont!
>>
How about 5-10 times the fee? How much do you guys get payed for a gig? How long does the gig last? How many hours do you think illustrating and designing the logo you request would take?
>>
please be bait
>>
>>
>>285565
First off, you don't have a "style". That's for your designer to decide while creating your identity. Next is the insulting fee. Take your ten bucks and purchase a stock vector, but don't honestly expect any designer to put something together for you, especially something that "makes all of you happy". If you were good at coming to a unanimous decision, you wouldn't have ended up with a shit band name that you have to abbreviate because it's long and retarded. What makes you think requiring all of you to sign off on anything given to you by a designer, who knows better than you, could possibly turn out decent? If I invited you to come play a show for a magnanimous ten bucks, but offered only to pay on the condition that your music "makes all of us happy", A: How hard would you work for that ten dollars, and B: What do you really think your odds of getting paid are?

>>285573
>5-10 times
>still cheap af
With that rate, you'd make better money just winning some shitty contest on 99D. Have some self respect desu
>>
>>285577
>If you were good at coming to a unanimous decision, you wouldn't have ended up with a shit band name
[ ] told
[ ] not told
[x] star wars knights of the told republic
>>
>>285577

I apologize if it was insulting. I was aiming to attract someone hungry. I meant no offense and I understand your viewpoint. Consider me newly educated.
>>
Mods, just delete this. I clearly didn't know what I was getting into.
>>
File: Kings-German-Legion.png (63KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Kings-German-Legion.png
63KB, 1280x800px
Something like this?
>>
Even the hungry would reject that.

Btw expect hungry work to be mediocre/bad work.

Even if your broke, do save up enough money to pay up.

Don't be such an ass to treat designers like trash, paying 10 bucks. Do you think design doesn't require work and effort. Years of the practice and experience.

Why not let your band play for 10 bucks per set for every performance.

Since most of us can't afford to pay you more than 10 bucks, like your logic leads us to believe.
>>
>>285603

Well, like I said, didn't mean to come off like an ass. I guess we'll pass the hat around and save some money.

Never meant no offense, guv.
>>
>>285588

This doesn't really grab me as a logo, but I think it could definitely be used in some other promotional capacity. I'd be happy to pay you for your work on this.

Email?
>>
You guys are probably gonna break up in a month, link your music.

Also can one of you guys just pirate illustrator and make something after a week of tutorials.
>>
>>285583
implying mods have ever set a foot on /gd/
>>285582
https://forums.digitalpoint.com/forums/design-contests.94/
you can get cheap logos there but i don't think $10 would do
>>
>>285645

Thanks, I'll check it out.

>>285635

Doubtful, but who knows.

We're just coming out of the three-month writing and initial rehearsal phase. First shows are at the end of the month. Won't have anything listenable until November.

I've been messing around in PS and poking around with tutorials trying to make something decent. Should I be using Illustrator for this instead?
>>
>>285633
Okay, i'll give it a try for a logo.
Email:
[email protected]
>>
>>285582
I'll let it slide, but only because your post number is a palindrome.
>>
I know you apologised but you are SO the guy in this Youtube video (caution, loud swearing) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfprIxNfCjk
>>
File: 1456612538633.jpg (19KB, 360x271px) Image search: [Google]
1456612538633.jpg
19KB, 360x271px
>$10
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.