[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, so recently my brother gifted me the adobe cs6 master collection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_oee2w3680i1ujbs6no1_500.gif (2MB, 498x417px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oee2w3680i1ujbs6no1_500.gif
2MB, 498x417px
Ok, so recently my brother gifted me the adobe cs6 master collection thing, and I've been teaching myself here and there through tutorials and experimenting with the programs, but I've had in no way any sort of training. Now, I want to do something like gif related (without the shitty text, got that off a friends fb), I'm interested in doing a liquid dripping effect like that but I have no idea how to do it, and can't find any sort of tutorial to steer me in the right way, so... any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
even if you are able to link me to a tutorial or a video where I can see how to do it and call me a dumbass for not finding it on my own, I'd be very grateful
>>
Honestly, as simple as it seems, thats a pretty complicated effect to get right. I've been working with Photoshop professionally for over a decade, and I would still struggle to make a gif like that.

Nevertheless, I can steer you in the right direction. You will have to do each frame by hand. I would start by downloading a gif of a dripping effect that you like, then pull it apart frame-by-frame.

So lets say you want to make the word "Awesome" drip off the bottom. And maybe you have a gif that says "cool" with a nice dripping effect. So erase the "cool" part of each frame of the downloaded gif, just leaving the drips. Now position the drips onto your 'Awesome' text, duplicate the drips until you span the additional length of the 'Awesome' text, just remember that whatever positioning/duplicating/scaling you do has to be applied for each frame. Over, and over, and over again. The numbers on the top bar of the Photoshop app are your friend. X & Y positioning and W & H sizing will keep your drips aligned and sized perfectly between frames.

When it comes down to it, Photoshop is about stealing other people's graphics and tweaking them for your own purposes. Its more of a 'content manipulation' tool than a 'content creation' tool. I'm sure people will argue me on that, but the majority of PS users are not digital painters.
>>
>>285338
i don't think any software made by adobe could simulate liquid the only one i could think of is after effects either animating fluid with distortion tools or with a particle system plugin (trapcode's)

maybe try searching on yt for after effects liquid/fluid tutorials (assuming you know the basics)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q-d58UkzVz0

also for simulating liquid the standard sofware is realflow
>>
>>285339
>>285340
thank you to the both of you, I'll see what I can do from what you've provided. I don't know after effects but I've been getting very familiar with photoshop and illustrator, so I'll give it a go
>>
>>285339
Digital painter here, you're right. PS is retarded for painting.
>>
>>285344 >>285340 >>285339
i'm pretty sure op gif was made with realflow and some other 3d rendering software. realflow tends to be slow on big projects but it's pretty fast for making those small liquid gif's however the user interface is one of the worst i've seen around
check out

giphy.com/search/realflow
>>
>>285339
So if I were to take this gif that I posted, then delete everything BUT the rainbow liquid on every frame, I could just use that on anything else?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.