[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emoji

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 17

File: Emoji.png (2MB, 3682x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Emoji.png
2MB, 3682x1066px
Who does it the best?
>>
>>283380
I prefer the illustration style of the Mozilla ones, but I have never owned a device that used Firefox OS. They seem weirdly unexpressive though.

Objectively, I would say that Twitter does it best. Nice and simple, gets the point across quickly. The yellow is saturated without burning my retinas.
>>
>>283380

FB and mozilla have their built-in dropshadows. totally awesome.
>>
I think google has the most expressive faces. They're able to convey emotions very well without the use of eyebrows like the rest do. Really simple but really good.
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 749x606px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 749x606px
These are best
>>
>>283380

Whatsapp
>>
Android. The Microsoft ones are so bad.
>>
I use android and I have only ever seen the apple ones.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (3KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
3KB, 160x160px
Whatsapp does it best.
>Not listed by OP
>>
File: 1425095670596.png (93KB, 474x335px) Image search: [Google]
1425095670596.png
93KB, 474x335px
I really like the Google ones. Never seen them before, but they're cute af
>>
>>283451

> Whatsapp does it best

I always thought Whatsapp used Apple Emojis.

Is there any actual difference between the ones from Apple and Whatsapp besides some subtle change in the colors?
>>
>>283380
Twitter>Apple>Mozilla>Google>Facebook>Microsoft
Microsoft would beat Facebook if they got rid of those hideous pitch black
contours
>>
My favorite by far are the Google ones. Much more cartoonish rather than attempting to create a human face, plus they still have a fucking gun.
>>
>>283480
awful taste. you clearly aren't a designer.
apple graphics in general are atrocious.
>>
>>283486
>awful taste
Well how would you rank them? Sounds like you have the right opinion.

>apple graphics in general are atrocious
I'm talking about the new emojis. I like them. They are clean looking while maintaining an original & easily identifiable style.
>>
Just realized Mozila Emojis have ears! That's a big NO, THANKS

Facebook ones are pretty rad, yet they should be looking straight, not to the right. Now it gives a feeling of the emoji looking at someone else.
>>
>>283380
Microsoft outlines look horrible, the expressions are too extreme, look at the teeth, the emotions look awkward

Google's don't even resemble fucking humans, they're literally just alien blobs

Mozilla isn't bad but they all look like babies, it's the big eyes and tiny ears that does it, despite looking nice they fail, babies don't txt

Twitter is OK, the emotions aren't too extreme, they convey what they are supposed to, they haven't tried anything weird for the sake of it, definitely acceptable

Facebook tried to be different and failed, looking sideways ruins the perception of them entirely, some of them look like they're just staring into the distance in some kind of melancholic fashion, they look nice but fail at their job

Apple's are the best, anyone who bucks against them because of muh gradients doesn't understand the point of the emoji, much better proportions, all expressions are well measured and not too extreme or too subtle, they understood the point of them when designing them as opposed to just trying to be different
>>
>>283380
I think I would call it:
Google > Mozilla > Apple > Shit

Mostly because Apple's most common faces are good, but their over exaggerated faces are crap. Also, purple demons; what the fuck Apple?
>>
>>283581
>anyone who bucks against them because of muh gradients doesn't understand the point of the emoji

It pisses me off when people say they suck because they're inconsistent with the rest of iOS. Emojis are not part of the UI, so they don't need to follow any particular style. They are content
>>
>>283380
Google by far.
>>
>>283685
No shadows (that are actually counterproductive on little formats).
Low contrast on colors, just matches pretty well with all that 'social network' stuff nowadays.
Pretty clear expressions and 'kawaii'.
They're not exaclty the typical rounded 'heads', that gives a point.
>>
File: microsoft emoji.jpg (112KB, 615x832px) Image search: [Google]
microsoft emoji.jpg
112KB, 615x832px
The Microsoft pre-Anniversary Update emoji were my favorite, no idea what possessed them to make them so awful
>>
>>283403
very artistically appealing, but man, those Google designs are just as wonderful
>>
>>283581
>hates google's because they don't resemble humans
>says apple's are the best even though they don't resemble humans
could you possibly crawl any further up tim cook's rectum?
>>
Google one's looks like Monster Munch
>>
Custom emojis when
>>
>>283689

>The Microsoft pre-Anniversary Update emoji were my favorite

lol
>>
>>283689
oh lord why
>>
I actually like the Microsoft borders, but nothing else about them. The Google ones are nice, if you get past the shape.
Are the Mozilla ones supposed to be lemons? If they are, then I like it. If not, they might want to rethink putting ears on them.
>>
>>283380
Twitter 100%
>>
>>283486
???
>>
apple
>>
when did we stop calling them emoticons again?
>>
>>283853
When they became standardized.
>>
File: brb.gif (1KB, 19x19px) Image search: [Google]
brb.gif
1KB, 19x19px
>>283853
>always thought brb was just a man with weird hair
was I the only one?
>>
>>283380
>>283689
why can't microsoft into design? like ever?
the only thing they got semi-right was aero in vista, but even that looks dated now
>>
Can we all just agree that Facebook does it the worst With Microsoft coming in a close second?
>>
>>283853
>>283887
Emoji is different from Emoticons in that they are simply unicode text characters interpreted by whatever application is displaying them.

Emoticons are swapped in for either text or a unique identifier specific to one application.
>>
File: mozilla_smfh_emoji.png (58KB, 600x609px) Image search: [Google]
mozilla_smfh_emoji.png
58KB, 600x609px
>>283383
>I prefer the illustration style of the Mozill ones
>>
I like google, and when you're in hangouts there are certain phrases that trigger moving ones, hahaha will make one pop up and start laughing, there are others, but found out accidentally while messaging, it was a weird surprise
>>
>>284297
// what the fuck
>>
File: tumblr_nxq53cFdYm1sztyb3o1_1280.png (554KB, 1280x846px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxq53cFdYm1sztyb3o1_1280.png
554KB, 1280x846px
>>283380
>Who does it the best?

Android, of course.
>>
>>284616
>thinking android phones have enough unity to have a single emoji style

Google's are cute and simple, if only every android phone actually had them...
>>
>>284297
What in the fuck?
I've never even seen these mozilla emojis
>>
>>283383
does Firefox OS still alive?
>>
>>283486
fucking /g/ plebs that lurk in this board
>>
>not using a custom smiley folder to express your taste
>>
File: emojione-humans.png (285KB, 2454x1078px) Image search: [Google]
emojione-humans.png
285KB, 2454x1078px
>>284297
Emoji one is the best by far.
Yes, even with his creepy santa
>>
>>283853
GOAT
>>
File: fblewdemoji.png (26KB, 223x204px) Image search: [Google]
fblewdemoji.png
26KB, 223x204px
making emojis are fun
>>
FB. Apple's looks like something from an im from 2003
>>
>>283380
Facebook>Microsoft>Apple>Twitter>Google>Mozzila
>>
>>283486
funniest post I've seen today
>>
fucking cancer
>>
File: 1457929450254.png (76KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1457929450254.png
76KB, 625x626px
>>283403
>>283413
>>283451
>>283581
>that glossy shit in 2016
>>
The gradients on Apple's are too much for me.

Microsoft... Meh. The outline is awful.

Google's really grew on me when I used them, I still like them.

Mozilla's look like babies. It's just uncomfortable.

Twitter's are alright, but I'm not a fan. I think it's the shape.

Facebook's are easily my favorite. They just look imperfect in the right places for me.

Basically, All of them except Google and Facebook feel inhuman to me. Maybe they'd grow on me if I ever used them, but I don't like it.
>>
I'd say the worst is probably facebook because they turned all my hands and people into black people for no reason

goddamn cuckerburg
>>
I like the Microsoft ones the best.
>>
>>284297
i fuckin kekd
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>285262
this is fucking deplorable
>>
>>285262
>Nutted but she still suckin
>>
>>284139
They got XP right,
>>
>>283568
I thought they were little kirby arms
>>
>>284297
The google blobs are super adorable and expressive. It's like pudding emojis.
>>
>>284780
/thread
>>
File: emotes.jpg (1MB, 2033x1645px) Image search: [Google]
emotes.jpg
1MB, 2033x1645px
I'm not seeing any here that look better than whats in my android phone (galaxy s5).

>>286373
>MUH MINIMALIZMZ ONLY
fuck out.
>>
>>286732
>defending bad design that was popular years ago
>>
>>283380
Honestly I always thought Twitter did it the best.

They're simple and flat, but detailed enough to convey the proper message. Plus, they still follow the standard circular shape of emoticons/emojis, unlike google.
>>
>>286738
>Plus, they still follow the standard circular shape of emoticons/emojis, unlike google.
>implying that's not one of the reasons why Google's emojis look great
>>
>>286734
>not providing something better while bashing established and preferred material
>>
>>286734
You think that is bad design?
Hahaha .... Hahaha
>>
I would say that Apple's are my favorites simply because of how used I am to them, they're everywhere.

My least favorites have got to be Facebook's, I don't like how they're shaped like potatoes and looking sideways. I much prefer their old design, whatever happened to it. The emoji is one of my favorites and they totally screwed it up in the new ones.

Also, Firefox's emojis were looking alright until I noticed the fucking ears. It's impossible to unsee it.
>>
>>286732
I kinda like it
>>
>>286758
Google's emojis are better
>>
>>283380
Google ones are cute, but Twitter are probably the best. Why did Apple add the shading on the emotes anyway? They look weird. They changed the bloody revolver to a water gun too, ruining countless WhatsApp statuses of my contacts.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.