[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General logo thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 28

File: Artboard 1.png (114KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Artboard 1.png
114KB, 1920x1080px
Old thread is no longer bumpable it seems.
New general logo critique thread
What are you working on? Give and receive critique.

I'm not sure about what kind of font I should use here. Previously used Modak, this is Grand Hotel but it still doesn't feel right. The logo itself seems off weightwise too.
>>
>>283313

rain shouldn't drip under the halo, maybe the halo could be the rain. that water dripping under looks like a jellyfish or some other fantastical sea creature.
>>
>>283316
I kinda see it.
Shit man this is my 38473838th iteration.
Time for a name change.
>>
>>283363
Not having a white background did zero justice to the color scheme.

I'm still in college so we have professors assigning brand projects and such. To get variation in our portfolio we draw AAA companies from a hat.

I got newegg. Threw this together last night. Thoughts?
>>
>>283364
Looks like an autumn leaf to me instead of an egg. That random shadow adds nothing, I wouldn't use it. I would go for a lighter font and a smaller logo to go with it.
>>
>>283313
You should change the perspective of the halo. Seen directly from above it looks off
>>
File: b-card edit.jpg (636KB, 1300x766px) Image search: [Google]
b-card edit.jpg
636KB, 1300x766px
>>
>>283431
Why did you censor when I can just google that info?
>>
>>283437

My business card has direct contact info on it, my web site doesn't.
>>
File: Asset 1.jpg (177KB, 781x500px) Image search: [Google]
Asset 1.jpg
177KB, 781x500px
>>283425
Something like the lower one, never mind the quality just seeing if that was what you meant.

Some different color schemes.
>>
>>283442
The lower one is how I initially imagined it when I suggested this in the other thread. Looking good, but still not quite there yet I think.
>>
>>283442
the ones on top look like dream catchers
the one on the bottom looks like a trampoline
>>
File: amlogo.png (81KB, 987x441px) Image search: [Google]
amlogo.png
81KB, 987x441px
This is at the top of an online store

When I need to make it small and still recognizable, it will just be an A and M next to each other in the same respective styles
>>
>>283442
your colour schemes are nice what about rain inside again, with a bit of perspective on the halo its self then a small discreet shadow underneath?
>>
>>283468
Doesnt make a good logo, aside from the kerning problems.
>>
File: logo4.png (15KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
logo4.png
15KB, 340x340px
Moving thread here because I didn't check the catalog.

Thoughts and critique on this logo for a gaming group?
>>
>>283548
What is the groups name? What does the X mean? Is that a rocket?
>>
>>283550
Expanse Group. X is because it's the starting sound of 'Expanse' and we aren't very imaginative. Yes.
>>
>>283551
A rocketship is kind of fitting for that, expanding horizons and all. Ditch the X.
>>
>>283553
We're going to be using it as an emblem in a space game, the lack of X makes it just a rocket. I'm not married to the X but I think a too simple logo would get somewhat lost.
>>
File: logo5.png (15KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
logo5.png
15KB, 340x340px
>>283553
>>283554
As a compromise, how about something more abstract?
>>
>>283556
How about making the x part of the ship? Maybe as a negative space?
>>
>>283557
Maybe. Any suggestions as to how?
>>
>>283558
Overlay the X over the rocket and use minus front in pathfinder window when selecting both.
>>
Could also center the X, and make 4 rockets come out of it, one on each side like your first pic. Works for expanse.
>>
File: Asset 2.jpg (113KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Asset 2.jpg
113KB, 500x500px
>>283560
>>283558

Something like this.
>>
>>283468
Goodbye space cowboy...
>>
>>283442
>Some different color schemes.
First make the logo work in black and white.

Once you have one that works, then you can fuck around with colors.
>>
>>283583
I always start in BW. But you don't just add colour at the very end, it's just as much a part of a logo as shape.
>>
You are tasked with creating a logo that incorporates the following colours: White, Light Blue, Dark Blue, Light Green, Orange, Red, Dark Red, Black. How do you go about doing this?
>>
>>283619
The word colours in those colours.
>>
File: nutrinex.png (8KB, 738x162px) Image search: [Google]
nutrinex.png
8KB, 738x162px
Threw this together in about 2 hours. First time I've ever touched illustrator, or GD in general
>>
>>283415
Good crit. Thanks mate.

Sort of going for a poliginal(sp?), egg. Will revise though.
>>
>>283709
Breddy gud. I would make a normal E though, now you have 2 hyperstylized letters, detracts from the X. Fix kerning too.
>>
File: logo rgb.png (37KB, 982x500px) Image search: [Google]
logo rgb.png
37KB, 982x500px
Last one, if this doesn't work I'm moving to Iceland to raise goats. The perspective version kept looking like a trampoline, I'll take the jellyfish over that.
>>
Bloody Crown of Thorns Inc.
>>
>>283717
Yeah thats what I thought but every closed E I tried looked out of place. I was hoping the color on the X would draw more attention to it
>>
>>283776
Try closing the left with a line with rounded corners. Also I see you have a gradient in the red, might wanna replace that with a solid color.
>>
>>283313
Don't ever use a cursive font for a logo.
>>
File: c44f70e151174c117c6332f8643ce169.jpg (129KB, 564x1368px) Image search: [Google]
c44f70e151174c117c6332f8643ce169.jpg
129KB, 564x1368px
>>283785
>>
>>283734
hmmm....those colors don't work for me, i would go with the 3rd option, but ditch the color used in the "halo", use just the blue and yellow
>>
doing a pretty simple school project on branding for an energy company. can't really decide where to go from here, or what improvements can be made to the existing designs
>>
File: businessideuh.png (2MB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
businessideuh.png
2MB, 1800x1200px
>>283313

how'd i do ya fruity fuching faggots?
>>
you could try turning the halo into a raincloud, water drop, or an umbrella?
>>
>>283313
make the rain come off of the y
>>
>>283821
The center one is definetely my favorite but it looks a bit thin. Also I would put some identifier for north on the compass
>>
>>283557
why not use it as the background and work the logo into it using negative space also?
>>
>>283734
>jellyfish
>bad colours

sorry. Fire up any colour scheme generator and go from there.
>>
>>283862
These were all kuler themes.
>>
>>283313
learn how to use contrasts in dark and light. these colortones dont pop out now.
>>
File: kcMbG95Gi[1].png (42KB, 600x238px) Image search: [Google]
kcMbG95Gi[1].png
42KB, 600x238px
>>283734
Here are my tips:
-make your raindrops look more like raindrops, and not circles/ellipses
-get rid of the "drips" that are connected to the circle, it looks like it's melting or oozing
-go with a ring shape and try slanting the halo at about 45° instead of using a straight-up circle (pic related)
>>
>>283785
Fucking typo nazi
>>
File: 1463373704573.png (174KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1463373704573.png
174KB, 2000x2000px
Friend asked me to make a logo for our school's smash club. Whipped this up- our school mascot is a hornet and our colors are black and orange. Thoughts on improvements?
>>
>>283313
Is the client persistent about the lines pointing directly down? If I were you, I'd make the lines a little less thick (and possibly varied in size), and moving diagonally within the halo.

Rain is movement, Your lines and dots are... jewelry.
>>
>>284805
gotta fill the hornet bro, having it grey isnt working it has no weight and easily overpowered by the backround.
>>
>>284844
Personal logo, not adamant about anything to be honest.
I made some other logos that are very different from this one, but the problem is they're so extremely overused they'd look like stockstuff. Anything from clouds radiating light to umbrellas with halos has been done a million times.
>>
>>284858
What do you recommend filling it with? I'm not finding a color that works very well
>>
Use capitals on Rainy Halo it reads better
>>
>>284805
charlottehornets/10
>>
File: Heylow.png (167KB, 504x360px) Image search: [Google]
Heylow.png
167KB, 504x360px
>>284860

If you continue to breathe, OP, Here's some inspiration. Pay it forward or some shit, I don't care.
>>
File: TYPE.png (6KB, 398x116px) Image search: [Google]
TYPE.png
6KB, 398x116px
>>283313
Hey dudes, I'm reworking my logo yet again.

First I just want to know if this is readable as Axiom. The upside down A does have a purpose.
It's the Universal Quantifier symbol, it's used a lot before mathematical Axioms. Ironically enough, it comes as ∀x in math.

It's all I've got to go on so far.
I'm really struggling to come up with anything good. I can do logos and shit for other projects just fine, but I really have a lot of trouble when it comes to my own. I don't know why.
I feel like there should be some kind of graphic to go with the type, but I really don't know what.
>>
File: logo variants.png (29KB, 965x789px) Image search: [Google]
logo variants.png
29KB, 965x789px
Sorry for posting 2 time in a row.

I've tried integrating some kind of graphic element with the logo.
It's kind of an abstraction of the symbol I previously mentioned.

Honestly, I'm not really feeling it.
There's got to be some kind of logo that would work well with my moniker, but I'm having a hard time going at it.

I might just go back to the impossible triangle if I really can't come up with anything, but that shit's so overplayed.
>>
>>284960
In my opinion this logo is pretty good.
You should try to make ∀ bigger than "xiom".

Try to use a "handwrite" font.
>>
>>283431
>>283440
This looks a lot like one of the other students' work at my uni (USC?)
>>
File: pelalogo2.jpg (169KB, 2827x1544px) Image search: [Google]
pelalogo2.jpg
169KB, 2827x1544px
its a tuition company

to be honest i'm happy with the design and font, I just wasn't sure about colour
>>
>>284990

and lol, disregard the artifacts and the fact that the inside of the A is another colour

literally made it in ms paint with the draw circle tool. changed the kerning in ms word i think.
>>
>>283821

one on the right looks like a clothing line

left looks the most like an energy company. middle is good, but a crosshair isnt the best choice of embellishment

i would suggest going with something like the left, but change the colour. blues and greens are more in line with 'energy'
>>
File: helps.png (10KB, 345x269px) Image search: [Google]
helps.png
10KB, 345x269px
Can anyone let me know how I can better improve on this logo? It's for some hipster dudes who want to open up some eatery with produce from local gardeners, and they also want to have a brewery in the place.
>>
>>285002
You could add a red blue and green water mark somewhere.
>>
File: Western Refining - BE SAFE.png (715KB, 900x1102px) Image search: [Google]
Western Refining - BE SAFE.png
715KB, 900x1102px
>>284984
Nope, 32 in-the-business type with an AS from a shit school.
>>
>>285012

wut...
>>
>>285002
Too much negative space in between lines faggot and get rid of the 2 side lines kerning on Eat and the whole thing is bottom heavy
>>
>>285002
Also bring the R in more
>>
File: logo2.png (14KB, 488x397px) Image search: [Google]
logo2.png
14KB, 488x397px
>>284978
Better?
>>
>>285019
Pls change those horrendous nostrils
>>
>>283548
How about you put the X behind the ship?then it all can centre and the X won't be as random
>>
>>283734
Not working man.looks like a Rasta brand. The colours are too random and the circle looks like it's melting. I know it's not constructive but maybe reigate the whole thing
>>
File: WVPEC draft.jpg (267KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WVPEC draft.jpg
267KB, 1920x1080px
So I'm trying to snag me a $200 amazon gift card for designing the logo for my state's new "public education collaborative". Thoughts/Constructive Criticism?
>>
>>285326
it looks strange, hard to understand and easy to forget very rarely you'll see logos with type flipped that way also i don't like when people mix the text with the logo would need to see other entries for that contests to see if you have a chance
>>
>>285326
wtf is that? Is it a unicorn with human body?
>>
>>285357
The logo in its entirety is shaped like a "1"
The top part is a minimalized outline of the state of West Virginia. Its for the "West Virginia Public Education Collaborative"
>>
>>285326
you're better off doing something "inside" that country/state you have

what is it exactly? i wanna try something
>>
>>283789
If i could like a 4chan post like it were fb, you sir would earn 12. I would make 11 new profiles just to make sure of it.
>>
File: Heart Shot.png (148KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Heart Shot.png
148KB, 750x750px
>>285313
I'm not disagreeing - the nostrils are bad, some of the other linework is rough too, those are easy transgressions to admit to. But for the scope of that project it was a resounding success, something that will hit a lot of you like a shitton of bricks, every real project has hard deadlines and labor investment caps, be prepared to compromise.
>>
>>284960
I like the idea. Feel like a different font could work better though, and tighten up the spacing between the A and the X
>>
>>285002

get rid of the EST in 2016 thing already. i said it in the last thread too, its just a useless space filler.
>>
>>283734

this looks like you don't want housekeeping to enter your room.
>>
>>283364
>polygons
>>285002
Hipster: the logo
>>
>>284991

Great job making the most generic steaming pile of shit. Your kerning is shit.
>>
>>283789

These are examples of typography fonts. Using cursive font with a symbol logo looks shitty almost always.
>>
>>285569
A good number of those also have symbols
>>
The depiction of the "rain" just isn't working. It makes it look like a dream catcher. When you went the perspective route, it made it look like a table. I'd stick with the perspective and find another route to go with the rain, what you've been going with just isn't working.
>>
File: GEDC0041.jpg (5MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
GEDC0041.jpg
5MB, 4320x3240px
OP is a bitch who ran from the resounding criticism suggesting his concept is ineffective.

He's so new he literally collapsed under the rejection.

I hope he comes back, reads this and is inspired.

Then I hope he stays in the business an ends up destitute.
>>
>>285936
Nah, I'm just not working on it on the regular cause I'm still not setting up the company for a while. Kind of on a sabbatical do fucking nothing after ten years of university still, next to the odd freelance stuff. Also still debating if I wanna go for full graphic design or pair it with video and animation.
>>
>>285990
Fuck me, 10 years at uni for graphic design??!
>>
>>285992
Nah. In 2005 I started with information technology. That was the most boring thing I ever sat my balls through so I switched to nursing the year after. That wasn't it either so the year after I switched to occupational therapy. Did that for four years, at which point it became apparent that I wasn't a good practical therapist and mainly focused on theory. Had a few meetings at school for that because the board felt it was partly their mistake that internships only started in the third year, asking for my suggestions and input on how to change the curriculum. Absolute fucking bonkers. Then I worked for half a year before starting communication and multimedia design, a study I was interested in for a long time but didn't get into before because it's a draft. My fucking luck dictated that that education was also going through major changes that year, fusing with an academy of fine arts to integrate technology and art. That went well for exactly six months until that fusion was broken off, starting again in my second year. End result is a weird combination of graphic design, film, animation, installation design (that I graduated with), webdesign, boardgame and videogame design, you name it. Barely graduated because my second reviewer was from a different school and he didn't see my thesis project as CMD, but as an art project.

Aka I spent ten years to finally become a master of none in fields people only want experts in.
>>
File: vetements-black-hoodie.jpg (33KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
vetements-black-hoodie.jpg
33KB, 800x1000px
I want to create a death metal logo in the same vein as the one in pic related for a band that doesnt have one (Demetori). Is this tutorial a good starting point? I can use photoshop well enough, its just creating the inital material to work with that will give me issues.
http://gomedia.com/zine/tutorials/typography-tutorials/tutorial-death-metal-logo/
>>
>>283709

theres no way of telling what its for. its also a little wide for a logo.

not bad for your first time with illustrator but logos should be easy to remember and also sort of be able to give insight on what they are intended for, even if they are only typography based.
>>
>>285002
use less fonts. 2-3 max.
R and h need better kerning.
community grown needs to be way lower.
eat + drink is too big.
denver needs to be aligned properly
get rid of the lines besides radish
>>
>>285002
if you wanna keep the est 2016 thing then move it where those awful lines on the sides are.
>>
>>285087
needs consistent thickness
>>
File: deeeeee.png (30KB, 345x269px) Image search: [Google]
deeeeee.png
30KB, 345x269px
>>285002
alignment
>>
>>285615
where?
>>
>>283442
try to make that bottom halo by using a 3d torus? Like, it can be a flat color but it might help with the changing width problem of the halo has.
>>
>>284928
hornets have stripes right? why not incorporate the "smash cross" into it?
>>
>>284944
heh
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.