[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gaussian blur

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: 7223806613f75803[1].jpg (331KB, 1631x2206px) Image search: [Google]
7223806613f75803[1].jpg
331KB, 1631x2206px
how can you apply gaussian blur to a vector object in corel draw x8? i know that you can convert to a bitmap and then apply gaussian blur to that, but i want to avoid converting to bitmap
>>
>>281444
it's under the drop shadow tool. check the presets in the upper left.
>>
>>281445
hey, thanks for the quick answer.
i played around a bit with the drop shadow tool and i guess with presets you mean the small to large glow ones right? I was only able to apply gaussian blur to smooth out the edges of the shadows. i am unable to replicate the effect on the right, which is the same square just as a bitmap with gaussian blur applied
>>
>>281447
I guess breaking the shadow groups apart and only taking the shadow gives similar results. That seems a bit unintuitive and clumsy tho. Is there really no other way to replicate this effect? I know it is super easy to do in affinity designer/illustrator. just apply gaussian blur to the vector object as an effect. nothing as easy in corel draw?
>>
I think you may have better results if you play around with object blends. Maybe. A blur by nature is really in the domain of raster images, vector by definition is either there or it's not. Even shadows and transparencies are really just converting the vector to a raster on the fly to create the effect.
>>
>>281449
As joyce pointed out all gaussian blurs are still raster anyway, even if they are controlled by vector post script data. If it irks you so much just leave the shadow attached to the object, but set the objects opacity to 0% - then it will mimic the post script feel of designer and AI.

Also, don't reference designer for anything, it doesn't even have an offset path tool, the most basic of vector tools, and when you convert line widths to objects they are a node-laden shit show mess, designer is literally the opposite of its slogan, it's unprofessional software.
>>
File: 1455227250052.jpg (176KB, 490x631px) Image search: [Google]
1455227250052.jpg
176KB, 490x631px
>>281519
>>281450
yeah i guess that makes sense. never actually looked at it from that angle that it is just an on the fly calculation of a rasterized vector image.

you never stop learning so thanks for the info m8s

not breaking apart the shadow group and instead setting the opacity to 0 will be a great help, especially when u need to change the shape afterwards
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.