[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys, I just have a quick inDesign question. how would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

hey guys, I just have a quick inDesign question.

how would I go about setting up a document for an outter and inner envelope design? similar to pic related but not necessarily those dimensions.

should I just make the document height higher for the document that is displaying the envelope open in order to show the inside? If so, should I just use the pen tool in indesign to create the tab? I know it may seem like stupid questions but no envelope size info I find online includes adjusted dimensions to display the tab/open envelope. thanks guys.
>>
File: preview25.jpg (31KB, 640x424px) Image search: [Google]
preview25.jpg
31KB, 640x424px
also, just to avoid making another inDesign thread, could anybody validate if I'm understanding the concept of margin values correctly?

margin guides are essentially used to avoid unwanted elements from touching the edge of the page, correct?

like for example, an indesign document set up of this letterhead would consist of the footer being on the outside of the bottom margin line, since its touching the edge of the paper, so determining the size of the bottom margin depends on the size of the footer?

and if there were no text on the backside of that letterhead, margins shouldn't matter because the only other element on the page is an element that is supposed to touch the edge of the paper?

apologies if my questions seem complicated/the wording is bad. I'll try to explain better if anybody can't understand and wants to try to confirm what I think about margin values.

if I'm correct in this post, I've been pretty stupid all semester because I disregarded margin values and did everything by eye.
>>
What do you mean outer and inner? There's a front and back, just make a page in indesign for each.

Not sure what problem you're having.
>>
>>280920

the problem Im having understanding is how to go about setting up the document if you want to design the envelope with the tab up, to show the inside of what the envelope would look like if its functioning.

the only way I could think of is increasing the height of the document to accomodate including an open tab design but I just thought it would look odd set up that way.
>>
>>280922
In that case I would choose the exact envelope type first and ask the supplier/printer for a template that you can load into illustrator or indesign. Envelopes (like paper and pretty much any other document type) come in standardized formats.
If there's no template, your printer guy is still the man to go to. He knows exactly how your document should be formatted in order to get what you want.
>>
>>280923

its for a mock project so I don't have the resources for that.

I guess I'll just go about it the way I know how to and see how it turns out.
>>
>>280896
>no envelope size info I find online includes adjusted dimensions to display the tab/open envelope. thanks guys.
That's because you're confusing a mock-up with a print-ready file.

For example, envelopes are not printed folded, they're printed opened up and flat, THEN they're folded and glued.

So the inDesign/Illustrator files look way different than the end product.
http://img.bhs4.com/4f/f/4ffdf87b1c89ff0eaac86729d88f5299836f7c2d_large.jpg

If you want to mock it up for online display I would use Illustrator. If you want to do a real-life mock-up then unfold the kind of enveloppe you'll be using, scan it, then import it into inDesign and use it as a template for your layout.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.