[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Music Bookingl Logo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Aurelion-GD.png (249KB, 961x560px) Image search: [Google]
Aurelion-GD.png
249KB, 961x560px
Hey /gd/

I'm a 1st year IMT student and a friend of mine asked to make a logo for his new music booking agency.

I made this and was curious to what you guys think of it. Feel free to criticize me, all I ask is some honest feedback :)
>>
>>280797
It would work better as an abstract artist's logo. If it's music booking, then where are all the music design memes? Treble clefs, violins, etc
>>
>>280797
i think some general rules in logos are don't mix the text with the actual logo, start the design with only black and white and don't use gradients (unless you have experience with them). also did you made the type from scratch? maybe it could look good if it was more like those hand-made elaborate calligraphy logos but still needs a lot of work.
>>
Lower the opacity of all those shapes, it's distracting and makes it hard to read the letters at a glance.

Also fix your kerning, specifically between the VR and LIO
>>
>>280797
Fix your Kerning a bit. Try posting a white background version.
>>
File: fuckyouOP.png (757KB, 961x2663px) Image search: [Google]
fuckyouOP.png
757KB, 961x2663px
>barely serviceable 80's metal band typeface
>okay now let's make it look like the sky in Spongebob

This shit isn't hard, OP. And no, you can't use this.
>>
>>280801
He wanted a "roman themed" look instead of something that's directly connected to music. You make a fair point but I just tried to follow what he wanted.

>>280802
I didn't make the type from scratch, I used Praetorium BB and made a few changes to it.

>>280820
>>280830
Will do.

>>280832
I'm fairly new to typography and such but thanks for this! I won't use it but it gives me a good general idea on how to progress or at least try. Thanks!
>>
>>280832
>avrelion
good fucking job retard
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.