[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Top down.jpg (722KB, 1057x895px) Image search: [Google]
Top down.jpg
722KB, 1057x895px
Can I come here and ask you architecture related questions?
>>
>>278749
sure why not. it's not like this board could get worse
>>
>>278751
how come
>>
>>278749
This looks like you're building an Ikea
>>
>>278749
Architect here. I'll answer any questions that I can. My strong points are renderings and other graphical representations.

If pic related is in question a few things that stick out:

The line weight could be better manipulated to create a stronger hierarchy. I know that's happening here but you always need to imagine this being printed on a larger scale and used in a presentation so it needs to read much better from further away. The landscape lines on the left and bottom are a bit distracting and could be toned down a bit to help the design pop a bit.

There's zero site context here. Don't be afraid to expand the image and show exterior design considerations because it's important to add context. I'm assuming the parking lot is outside the main entrance but I can't be sure. Are there trees around the building or is it on an empty lot? Landscaping is a great way add depth and better understanding of the site to clients, just don't overdo it. Remember the building is the most important thing so landscape features are best shown as de-saturated and lower opacity.

What direction is North? It's a good habit to always include that information. I can assume North is up, but I shouldn't have to guess. When putting together presentation boards it can sometimes be tricky to orient everything correctly and it needs to read clearly.

file name is "top down". We like to call that "plan" or "Plan view". I'm sure that sounds like a critical criticism but using the proper terminology is very important when trying to get clients to spend millions of dollars.

I have more comments about it but need to get to a meeting. I'll check in on this thread later.
>>
File: 1450598124350.jpg (67KB, 1297x600px) Image search: [Google]
1450598124350.jpg
67KB, 1297x600px
>>279009
How is your process of design?

Whats the best way to show large terrains?
>>
>>279009

lol. AIA architect? In 4chan?
>>
>>279009

>strong points are renderings and other graphical representations.

sounds more like a run of the mill modern architecture school graduate who can't build for shit
>>
>>279086
This is pretty normal now. You can hire 8+ mexicans for the price of a single architect, and those guys are probably way better at actually building things.
>>
>>279121
well I went through architecture school and let me tell you something. It's full of ultra left SJW's, artsy people and entitled women trying to validate their vaginas ... Most are rich kids who have never put in a hard day's work who are just cruising by without any real work or academic accomplishments. Go to any university and visit the end of term displays: you'll see like 1/4 of the work as acceptable edification the rest is stupid shit a toddler could come up with, bedazzled with zombie academical language. Poor autocad skills and wannabe modernist pariahs as teachers give you the cancer of the profession which gives us a bad name: the DESIGN ARCHITECT. What the fuck is a design architect anyway? How on earth a freaking architect can have a poor understanding of how even basic construction works? I am so salty with the profession.
>>
Anyone got any ideas for Revit plugins they'd like? I'm gonna make this profession comfy one day at a time. Im about a third of the way through a tiling window manager for views based on BSPWM but I need a break from it
>>
File: Diagrams for ants.png (392KB, 411x875px) Image search: [Google]
Diagrams for ants.png
392KB, 411x875px
Architecture threads are always flaccid, we're all jaded.

>>279121
My firm just hired two Venezuelans, got a Mexican coming in next Tuesday.

Contributing diagrams, what's everyone working on?
>>
>>279081
>How is your process of design?

It really depends on the clients needs and the time frame I have to work with. I always sketch at first because it helps me work out my ideas then I go from there. Physical sketch models are also very helpful early on.

>Whats the best way to show large terrains?

The idea is to tell a story with your renderings and terrain can be a great way to support your narrative. Lets say the project is on a cliff overlooking the coast. The terrain is obviously very important here so it needs to be clearly defined. Just keep in mind that the architecture is the most important part of the story and that the terrain is shown to support it. People make the mistake of over-defining terrain and it becomes distracting. You can find some great visualization tutorials at Alex Hogrefes site https://visualizingarchitecture.com/. Go to the tutorial section and look around, there's some really great information there.

>>279085
I haven't figured out how to leave this place yet, taking suggestions.

>>279086
>sounds more like a run of the mill modern architecture school graduate who can't build for shit
I've built/remodeled over 60 houses and was a licensed/bonded/insured general contractor for almost a decade before I decided to change my career path. I've taken a ton of structural engineering and am capable of doing just about everything needed to build. Renderings and other graphical representations are however my strong point, probably because I like to spend my time on it the most. The majority of the students I graduated with though do fit your description but you shouldn't use such a broad stroke to define. Many of my classmates had construction backgrounds and are very capable builders.

>>279185
Sounds like you had a bad experience, I guess I was fortunate. 75% of the work was acceptable and there wasn't much sjw bs going on. I had to pass a portfolio review to get into the professional track so maybe that process weeded out the lazy.
>>
File: 3A.jpg (2MB, 4000x1933px) Image search: [Google]
3A.jpg
2MB, 4000x1933px
>>279211
Making a chocolate factory. My client is a bit ... unique.

Also interior designer here. Though I probably should have stuck with architecture.
>>
>>279232
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Architecture school wihout SJW's, and I’ve been involved in numerous renovation projects, and I have over 300 confirmed builds. I am trained in REVIT and I’m the top draftsman in the entire US AIA. You are nothing to me but just another client. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of consultants across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>279483
8/10 do the full pasta
>>
>>279232
>I've built/remodeled over 60 houses
>was a licensed/bonded/insured general contractor for almost a decade
>before I decided to change my career path.

>a ton of structural engineering and am capable of doing just about everything needed to build

>a ton of structural engineering

>capable of doing just about everything needed to build

Oh god please stop trying so hard
>>
>>279232
How long did you have to study to become what you are today?
>>
>>279236
An extravagant chocolate factory owner? Sooo Willy Wonka?
>>
>>279236
This looks like a team fortress 2 map
>>
>>279236

The carpet direction and the floor direction. WTF. Y u do this ?

Also... How many goddamn textures do you need? Let's make a list:

Iron
Brick
White rough surface
yellow black danger line
shitty carper on back
wooden floor
drywall
different color drywall (?)
2 different kinds of ceilings
metal handrail THAT DOESNT MATCH with beams
what the hell is that wall with box texture on the back anyway?

And to top it all off, apparently fluorescent items all over.

WTF RETARD?!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.