[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I get this distressed/paper look on my poster like pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (740KB, 1280x1865px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
740KB, 1280x1865px
how do I get this distressed/paper look on my poster like pic related? on illustrator
>>
>>278245
>what is grain/halftone textures
>>
>>278245
This one doesn't look distressed as much as a scan with part of the image in the back showing. You can print something then scan the back of the page and use it as your background. The best way to make something look like something is to do what they did.
>>
>>278245
i feel like the best results i had was rescanning
>>
>>278245
just print your work on a nice paper and then just scan it back. If lazy ass, look for paper textures on in the interwebs and overlay them on PS
>>
step 1: close illustrator
step 2: open Photoshop/Gimp
>>
File: Jareth_test.png (16KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Jareth_test.png
16KB, 1200x800px
>>278497
Use Photoshop or GIMP and Make a b/w noise file that is the same size as your illustrator file, save it
(The clouds filter is the fastest way to test this technique)
Use “Place” to pop it into Illustrator.
Group all of the text and put it behind the Placed Image.
Select the Placed Image and anything you want to put the texture on
In the Transparency tab of Illy, click Make Mask.
Done.
If you need to edit the Texture, just modify your file in photoshop (Curves is a really fucking useful Layer to have on this, your texture will almost always be too bright or too fucking dark)
>>
>>278358
>i feel like the best results i had was rescanning
This.
If you wanna recreate an analog effect, digitally doing so will always look off
>>
File: weeee.jpg (236KB, 510x660px) Image search: [Google]
weeee.jpg
236KB, 510x660px
I have been searching to figure out how to do this effect myself. Here's how:

Go to google and search xerox texture.

save and place one of them in a layer above your jpeg on photoshop.

change the overlay to screen or lighten. Mess with the levels to get desired effect.

boom
>>
File: weeee.jpg (281KB, 720x945px) Image search: [Google]
weeee.jpg
281KB, 720x945px
>>279919
for reference:
what it looks like without the texture overlay
>>
>>279920
do I need to download a Xerox texture? thanks for the tip
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.