[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I got this freelance gig that I have to redesign the logo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: HELP-04.jpg (531KB, 1562x1562px) Image search: [Google]
HELP-04.jpg
531KB, 1562x1562px
So I got this freelance gig that I have to redesign the logo and overall branding stuff for a car insurance company. The owner told me he wanted to keep a similar color scheme and someone of a similar motif with the shield and stuff. When I showed him the first redesign, he told me he didn't like it and preferred something more similar to the original, which his nephew had made for him. So I tweaked the original design some, while putting some of what I wanted.He still didn't like it. Now I'm having to salvage the original design once again.

Could you guys give me some input on what I could do to still be able to use what I have without having to use the original monstrosity much?
>>
Get rid of the banner

Print it off on a business card and hold it in a natural distance

If it looks bad from that far away at that size, it's bad
>>
Your redesigns are of a different style than the original. You didn't specify exactly what the owner doesn't like about them but if I had to guess, the rounded font, the lighter colors and the gloss effect make your versions look more like a cellphone app kind of thing. The original, while looking like shit, gives off a solid "no nonsense, get shit done" vibe. Try to go for that instead.

More importantly, ask the owner exactly what changes he expects of your work. He wants it to look more like the original (which, btw, is vague as fuck) but he also asked you to redesign it so clearly he isn't that pleased with it. It doesn't matter if you think the end result looks like shit as long as he's pleased with it
>>
>>277279
The original has a bit of a perspective going on, like you're looking up at the text/shield. Maybe try that out?
>>
>>277279
Not a technical suggestion but you should ask why he didn't like the redesign, so that you could pinpoint what should be modified. We know there's a creative side on it but you're doing a freelance job
>>
Hi there, i will open a ORGANIC STORE and I wonder if you can help me with some logos ideas and names !!! thanks
>>
>>278511
This
also, clients never know what they want so be ready for that.
or the other nightmare - they want something outdated or impractical
>>
File: goblin.jpg (381KB, 1139x816px) Image search: [Google]
goblin.jpg
381KB, 1139x816px
>>277354

This.
>>
>>277279
Your redesigns still suck. It's not you, it's the freaking logo.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.