[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: designer problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160715_213636.jpg (30KB, 480x690px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160715_213636.jpg
30KB, 480x690px
In this thread we talk about what we wished our design teachers taught more of.
>>
File: IMG_20160715_214103.jpg (255KB, 880x950px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160715_214103.jpg
255KB, 880x950px
>>276704
E.g. File revisions
Like, what the literal fuck do I use to keep track of which ones the newest? Just sort by date?
>>
>>276705
yeah, why not just use timesmps , like i do?

>Blog_view_20160716_0903.ai
>>
I really wish we had advanced 3D modeling classes, to build complex graphics. I know a few schools offer advanced courses on it, but most don't have any and it blocks so many creative possibilities.

>>276705
do you really need a teacher for this ? Number it out like in coding (v1.02 - v1.03 - v1.04). Easy peasy
>>
i think my professors needed to be willing and REQUIRED to show their portfolios before teaching anyone.

challenge these hack never-beens. most of them don't know shit for fuck and for the most part don't know the software that is...*kinda crucial* to real life application to basic SHIT.

if they can't provide the basic bitch shit, and you want to discover and learn more, go elsewhere where curriculum will satiate your interest in progressing in this field of graphic shit.

tldr--professors NEED to teach design theories/history/marketing basics or they're FUCKED.

end of story.
>>
>>276704
>Design teachers.
>University for """"design"""".
Just get a Lynda account, tbrh.
>>
How do I work methodically instead of these weird shitty random spikes of energy?
>>
>>276774
this.
>>
>>276774
Need an answer to this too.
>>
>>276774
Tbh I think there is no single answer to this question you just need to find your system that only fits for you. As for me I prefer 2h work 1h rest if I work at home, this is when i have no inspiration or the artwork is booring af
>>
>>276704
Business matters, negotiation, selling yourself and creating a brand for yourself.
>>
>>276774
When you get inspired and manic, sketch.
I don't care how much you want to move on to a more structered rendering of an idea, sit the fuck down and sketch. Put down as many ideas as possible. They don't have to be good, they don't have to be bad, they don't even have to be mediocre, they have to be there.
When you've calmed down and hit a plateau, work.
Grab your sketches and flesh out the design. Think things through out of the sketch, don't make it a mad dash to the finish line.
>>
How to deal with that thing where you stare at a word too long and it loses it's meaning.
It's fucking distracting. Especially when working on a logo.
When I'm going through a list of typefaces, it's

LOGO
LOGO
LOGO
LOGO
LOGO

I have to read it each time. Then you get fucking tunnel vision. Lorem Ipsum shit doesn't really help all that well.

I'm not sure if it's a problem other people get, or if it's something because of my ocd. But it sucks. It's not because it loses it's meaning that bothers me, it just becomes really fucking ambiguous shapes that I can't really focus on. You'd think it'd help out, what with you seeing the interactions between the shapes of the letters rather than the word itself, but fuck it doesn't.

Am I insane, or is this a common problem?
>>
>>276720
I do this and im still learning only ill name the vastly different concepts v1 and v2 and revisions of those concepts v1.1 v2.1 ect ect
>>
Mine is finding an obscure post on the internet, copy most of it, and then sell it to the client. Takes me about two days.
>>
>>276984
don't fucking lipsum
>>
>>276984

I don't have this problem, but it's strange that it doesn't help out. Seeing the letter forms as purely abstract shapes without meaning should help with typographic compositions.
>>
>>276984
i experience the exact same thing and it gets so annoying
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.