[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need an artist's eye. Tell me which looks nicer. Maki

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: card_a_detail.png (40KB, 379x500px) Image search: [Google]
card_a_detail.png
40KB, 379x500px
I need an artist's eye. Tell me which looks nicer. Making a education japanese game and players turn over flash cards. I'm designing how the back more detailed part of them should look.

Old design
http://i.imgur.com/Kd9kzUK.png

new design
http://i.imgur.com/Ow4D9iR.png

I'm not feeling the new design and feel like there could be better positioning, font size, or something. I got some critique and realize that the first design is better. If that's the case, how could I make it feel better in terms of what I was going for in the new version of it with the new icon and the two new texts: Kana and Romaji?
>>
old design is literally perfect
you don't need fucking labels, it's perfectly self evident what they are
>>
>>276321
/thread
>>
>>276321
this
>>
>>276321
What this guy said.

One thing though, lay-out is perfect, but feel like it could use some more polish.

The speaker icon is ugly as sin for example. Keep this layout tho.
>>
>>276333
Gotta any advice on the polish to use? For instance, maybe the presentation isn't as great?
>>
File: image.jpg (119KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 2000x2000px
>>276374
>>
>>276380
A solid black sound icon? I don't know about that.

What happens is the player taps it, and it briefly lights up as a voice clip plays. Then it returns to its off state.

Do you think the color is bad or both the color and style of it is bad? The sound icon in the new edit is what I might use, but are you saying that one is bad, too?
>>
>>276381
I think the gradient is the problem. Try a solid grey or reuse the tile border color.
>>
>>276400
this , and try to use less colors , like two or three colors
>>
>>276381
The gradient icon doesn't seem to fit the rest of the card. Black might be fine if you change the color when it plays or animate it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.