[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After effects render issue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 9sIDjqL1.png (55KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
9sIDjqL1.png
55KB, 400x400px
Hi there anons, I'm struggling to figure out why the rendering of my vid in after effects takes forever to finish, plus it always remains stuck in the same place and hang there forever. The video is 60 fps, coolor 16bit. Any suggestion? I'm trying to render it since three days.
>>
There can be very many issues. You have to be more specific about your project, export settings and compositing that you're doing.
>>
60fps and probably a very high resolution + length of the video and complexity of effects and animations matter most. also your renderstats.
are you rendering quicktime?
for those kind of vids i recommend to use adobe media encoder to render int in mp4.
>>
>>274254
OP here
I've tried to low the res from 60 to 30 fps, but still remain stuck on the same place. And is quit odd, cause there isn't anything special in the place where it gets stuck. Moreover, no error log
>>
What resolution?
How complex is the scene?
How long have you waited?

For super complex comps it always hangs on the frames that have the most shit going on at once, but never indefinitely. It's doing its best, even if it takes a long time.
Let it render overnight, if the problem STILL persists, find the hang frame and post more info. What's happening in that specific frame?
>>
>>274260
OP here
Nothing in particuar, to be honest. I'ts about a couple of text phrases, one is keyframed to being burned over time, and the oother one has the "pixel polly" effect, keyfrmed as well. That is odd, because at the beginnig of the video, there is a scene way more complicated, and it never get stuck on that part. Res is 1920*1080, I've tried several times to restart the render, always with the same results, even if lowered down to 30 fps
>>
File: Screenshot (54).png (179KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (54).png
179KB, 1920x1080px
>>274261
That's weird, pixel polly shouldn't be to resource consuming.
Computer specs?
Check AE preferences and make sure GPU rendering is off as well as multi-processing, then leave it rendering over night as >>274260 pointed out.
If it still doesn't work, render it from Encoder (if you were already rendering from Encoder, render it directly from AE)

Hijacking this thread with my own AE issue.
A couple of months ago I formated my PC and reinstalled all plugins. Hadn't tried using Trapcode Mir until now and every time I try to apply it, AE crashes.
>pic related
All other trapcode plug-ins of the suite work fine.
Any ideas on what to do to fix it?
I googled it and found a couple of forum posts about the same issue but without useful answers.
All I can think of is re-installing
>>
>>274244
USE THE MEIDA ENCODER NOT STRAIGHT FROM AFTER EFFECTS
>>
>>274263
If youre using an AMD gpu, then that would be the culprit. If nVidia I dont know.
>>
>>274267
Do people actually not use AME?
>>
>>274270
>If youre using an AMD gpu, then that would be the culprit. If nVidia I dont know.
I have an AMD gpu, but have AE set-up to use CPU and not the GPU (just checked the preferences again to make sure)
It worked before on this same rig.
I'm puzzled.
>>
>>274271

Maybe most newbs dont. Ive met a lot of vets too wating a hour for a shitty render.

I use after effects everyday and swear by it. so many options. my files are on average 5 times smaller. So many more options. Propper queing etc.
>>
>>274274
Well you mentioned that you hadn't tried that specific plug in, so it could just be that that plug in requires Nvidia specific software. Don't quote me on this but so far I noticed that AMD + Adobe = Enjoy being cucked.
Wish you bought that Macbook, didnt you?
>>
File: 1466467376502.jpg (316KB, 630x624px) Image search: [Google]
1466467376502.jpg
316KB, 630x624px
>>274387
>Macbook
>AE
pick one.

The thing is that Mir worked perfectly before formating, so it can't be a hardware issue.
Guess I'll have to finish this project without using Mir and then re-install it to see if it gets fixed
>>
Wait this board is cool with premiere / after effects discussions?

Shit
>>
>>274271
So what does amd have that compares to nvidia quadro fx series cards?
>>
>>274411
Sure, as long as we don't have an /av/ board, it's the most appropiate one (except when things go full /3/)

>>274421
AME=/=AMD
AME stands for Adobe Media Encoder
AMD is a brand that makes GPUs
>>
>>274244
kek
Didn't you post this exact same question on reddit earlier?
>>
>>274267
you have to use After effects render engine. Adobe media encoder sucks ass depending on plug ins.
>>
>>274424
Good point, whenever I had questions I always wondered what board to go to for it, and /tv/ is definitely not the place lol
>>
>>274494
have no problem with all the major plug ins from aescripts and red giant
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.