[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blender help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: lightsaber highlighted.png (1MB, 1895x1017px) Image search: [Google]
lightsaber highlighted.png
1MB, 1895x1017px
just started using blender and i've made this light saber but it has tons of fire flies in it and increasing sampling size seems to not get rid of many. I'm not trying to do a full render but just wonder if theres a way to get rid of them or reduce them significantly in the render view/test render thing.

thats not the color i originally chose for it btw just wanted to highlight some of the details.
>>
File: twisted hilt.png (112KB, 381x159px) Image search: [Google]
twisted hilt.png
112KB, 381x159px
was also wondering if someone could point me to a tutorial that can tell me how to do this kind of spiraling I want to make a hilt like this for one of my other projects. Of even if you know what this is called that would be helpful i've not been searching the right term.
>>
>>251311
This is more of a /3/ thing.
But I do 3d as well, so I'll help you.
Fireflies generally occur when there's not enough light information, or you're using an hdri (even both sometimes).
Increase the amount of samples (as you've done), and increase the size of your lights/ power.
It's going to end up a bit brighter than what you'd like out of the box, but you can just fix that using the levels tool in a photo editor.

Also look into clamping, and branched path tracing.

>>251314
This is /3/ as fuck. Go ask in the questions thread. [spoiler that doesnt work] use the twist modifier on a long box[/spoiler]
>>/3/97811
>>
>>251318
I can't crosslink for shit
>>>/3/497811

(this should work I hope)
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.