[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spread Critique

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: Sophomore Division Page.jpg (5MB, 5100x3300px) Image search: [Google]
Sophomore Division Page.jpg
5MB, 5100x3300px
I'm seeking some critique for a division page in my school's yearbook. Our yearbook theme implies beauty, hence the flowers and the color palette.
So /gd/ what changes should I make to improve upon this?
>>
File: Sophomore Division Page2.jpg (6MB, 5500x3950px) Image search: [Google]
Sophomore Division Page2.jpg
6MB, 5500x3950px
here's the full spread (nice title, I know)
>>
File: 1449208499226.jpg (3MB, 5500x3950px) Image search: [Google]
1449208499226.jpg
3MB, 5500x3950px
Not good
>>
> http://pepsized.com/19-nature-silhouettes-trees-grass-brushes/

Try harder next time OP
>>
I understand high school a lot of shit flies that shouldn't because it's honestly a miracle you're using a computer in the first place. but if you do want to make it better beyond what your Digital Media teacher or whoever will accept:

- don't put textures over the guy's face
- don't put the pull quote so close to the first block of introductory text; they're both bold and different fonts from the body text and it's too much in one place, within an inch of page you're asking the reader to start 3 different paragraphs
- either find a font that fits into AESTHETIC like a puzzle piece or don't try, no sense cramming it in when you have space to work with
- align the second column of body text with the first, instead of the introduction above it
- why is the introduction crammed so tight? is there a reason it needs to fit in that area? there are no spaces lmao
- try a left justify and see how it looks, it might end up being patchy with narrow columns but worth looking at. though the ragged right looks nice with the flower theme
- speaking of, what's with the smoke? is the forest burning down? looks like those ink drop photos from a high-frame rate camera. use the blooms of smoke/ink or flowers, they don't seem to go together
- be aware that using a very pastel, floral theme will make this student look gay and effeminate. maybe he is, maybe your school environment is more socially mature than that, but mine sure as fuck wasn't and he may not appreciate it
- caption next to student isn't readable, up the opacity of that white box or reduce the amount of floral shit going on near it
- it looks like the article is in a very faint white box, it doesn't need to be given its background
- table of contents along the bottom is too hard to read. in fact if you want to keep that dense flower texture, move it to another page entirely, this spread doesn't seem like it's the place for a table of contents

GL, wish I had something like this to work in high school!
>>
>>245891
too much going on pattern-wise
>>
File: 4u.png (35KB, 402x479px) Image search: [Google]
4u.png
35KB, 402x479px
>>245892
Here's something you can do. Shitty made in 3 minutes with the default font but its a start. I myself don't like the quote but I'm sure you can find something to do with it. As far as the actual detail on the page besides the type, this guy has it down >>247179

Just remember you are just in high school and you aren't expected to be great at this so just take it as you can and for the love of god don't be late on the fucking deadlines
>>
>>245896
>all this garbage on bleed
>content doesn't extend past bleed line

is this how printing is done in burgerland?
>>
>>247179
Based sensei
>>
>>247309
he's just retarded, don't mind it
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.