[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: fuckthishit.jpg (22KB, 552x310px) Image search: [Google]
fuckthishit.jpg
22KB, 552x310px
I need to start doing graphic design for a project I'm working on, but I have no idea where to start.
Teach me everything you know plz.
pic not related
>>
File: Karsh_Mies_van_der_Rohe_01.jpg (273KB, 1000x837px) Image search: [Google]
Karsh_Mies_van_der_Rohe_01.jpg
273KB, 1000x837px
>>236532
less is more
that's all
>>
File: 1443029667861.jpg (32KB, 400x484px) Image search: [Google]
1443029667861.jpg
32KB, 400x484px
>>236532
> needs help
> doesn't state his problems
Do know how conversation?
>>
>>236541
>d
Don't know where to start.
What software should I use?
How should I use it? Is there a website that can help me learn how to do this?

I'm at level 0 right now.
>>
>>236545
hire someone dipshit. you wouldn't say "i need to take out my appendix, how do i start?"

but if you really want an answer... the software depends on what you want to do. start with drawing on paper first and actually learning stuff.
>>
>>236546
what stuff would I learn?
I need to be able to do this myself for future projects.
>>
>>236549
What kind of things will you have to do? Give us some examples of the what you want to achieve, otherwise how can we know what software you would need?
>>
>>236549
i honestly don't have better answer to you than to look up what books they use in graphic design major at a nearby art school... maybe attend seminars? or at least watch a few on youtube. I mean i didn't go to art school to be a graphic designer, but i learnt drawing for 6 years, geometry for 3 and attended architecture at a university for 3, and learnt interior design for 1 year... so i had somewhat of a deep understanding of drawing, colors, composition and advanced softwares when i started to learn graphic design.

you can't skip this part or you are just going to be a hoax... what do you need graphic design for? if you just need to put together a business card for your boss, than sure... you can look up tutorials for adobe illustrator and try to copy a good design that you find on behance or dribbble.

if you are doing this whole thing for yourself, than thats how i learnt... read a lot, try to copy the masters and try to come up with your own stuff. of course everything was garbage that i created in the first 2-3 years now, that i look back... i did not use it, but i heard that there are great tutorials on patreon too
>>
>>236551
From what I can tell I'll need to learn to make concept art and some sprites.
I would like to go freelance soon and I'm tired of school.
I'd like to learn as much as possible. Could 3 programs get me through 90% of what I would need to do?
>>
>>236552
I see.
I used to do a lot of that sort of thing. I don't understand color at all though. Could you give me any specific books to read?
>>
>>236553
>I would like to go freelance soon and I'm tired of school.
I sincerely hope you don't plan to go freelance as a graphic designer then.

>>236553
>Could 3 programs get me through 90% of what I would need to do?
If it's just sprites and concept art, Photoshop and Illustrator will get you through that, you could even settle for just Photoshop, but I wouldn't recommend it. If you also need to do 3D, presentation and/or animation you will need more than two or three.
>>
>>236556
I see.
What's wrong with going freelance?
>>
>>236554
not really... i was reading this in hungarian... that won't help you a lot, i think... but just google that shit. i remember downloading a torrent with like 20 design 101 books... if you read trough half of those than you are good

this is a good one for color:
Color Design Workbook - A Real-World Guide to Using Color in Graphic Design
>>
>>236557
You have zero experience and want to go freelance soon? What's not wrong with that.
>>
>>236558
thanks
>>236559
everyone has to start somewhere
>>
Btw: you need to unterstand that photoshop is not magic. PS is a tool. If you want to succeed you need to train your eye whats good and whats not. PS is actually the easy step in creating stuff.
If your object is to cut wood, than paint is a spoon, PS a laser.
It makes shit easier and faster. Nothing more.
>>
>>236614
How do I train my eye?
>>
>>236545
try lynda.com
it costs but some youtubers offer ten day trials. (E.g Jacksfilms)
>>
>>236615
Surf the web. Look out for designers Portfolios. Browse behance and dribbble. See whats trending. Find similarities. Work with them. Get gud.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.