[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you playing Telehack?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot 2017-09-17 12.16.51.png (211KB, 1534x854px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-09-17 12.16.51.png
211KB, 1534x854px
>Usenet archives
>26,000+ hosts
>Pseudo-Unix CLI
>BBSes
>txtfiles
>l337h4x0rz
>wardialing
>HACK THE PLANET

http://telehack.com/

Also you're a bitch if you play it in browser, because if you use a terminal you can adjust the baud rate to get the authentic 300 baud rate 1980's experience.

For those of you that don't know, all the BBSes, robot users, hosts, text files, and games are all archival material. The guy that made this "game" did a really neat thing in using all this old archival software/text and integrated it into a hacking game. It's fun shit, try it. It feels more authentic to me reading old Usenet posts in a terminal compared to looking at Google Groups archives.
>>
>>62482655
Seems interesting, any tips to start?
>>
>>62482748
read the initial text files, especially telehack.txt which gives you a primer. type netstat to see which hosts you can connect to from the home host. telnet into other hosts, use ftp to download exe files like porthack.exe to look for vulnerable ports on these hosts and gain account privileges. i'm still working on finding hosts that someone hasn't rooted yet so i can use the oskit and rootkit exploit exes i have to take over something. basically, just get familiar with the commands, if you're familiar with unix command line programs/input it's the same stuff but simplified. read the text files for fun, play games, and try to hack shit. if you get stuck someone might help you in relay. type ? for a list of commands.
>>
>>62482655
But I do.
Egroj is badass.
>>
sounds great ill give it a try
>>
File: 1504791095166.png (64KB, 500x455px) Image search: [Google]
1504791095166.png
64KB, 500x455px
>>62483478
Kek
>>
Is it possible to connect to dial-up BBS with a cell phone? I can hear the modem when I call them.
>>
>>62485326
You can, but you are going to get a very slow speed because of sound compressing and decompressing in cell phone networks. What's acceptable for voice isn't acceptable for modem connection.
>>
>you use a terminal you can adjust the baud rate
I guess I'm too young to understand that.
>>
>>62482655
pointless and boring
>>
>>62486077
SAD!
>>
>>62482655
This is the baby's first dive in http://www.mprat.org/Terminus/

Also a guide for Telehack http://telehack.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_all_commands
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.