[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I use internet explorer on linux?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: internetexplorer.jpg (35KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
internetexplorer.jpg
35KB, 670x503px
Can I use internet explorer on linux?
>>
>>62468096
No, this is a proof that linux sucks. lmoa
>>
>>62468157
>>62468110
Assuming op isn't baiting, I'm pretty sure you can run at least IE8 or 9 in WINE.
>>
Why would you want to?
>>
>>62468203

Lots of sites that are used by industry services still proudly fly the "Runs best on IE" notice. There's no reason for them to upgrade their website since they know their customers, (corporations), will just tell the IT staff to make sure everyone is using IE. And especially now that Edge/Firefox/Chrome are basically all on rolling-release, that means they'd have to continually be maintaining their website, and that costs money.

Their customers, (the corporations), aren't going to magically decide to start listening to the computer nerds who cost them $2m a year to cover the IT department costs, over their vendor who provides software that makes the company $800m in profit every year. So there's no pressure to upgrade their site.

And the recent Equifax event has demonstrated that if anything bad happens as a result of using outdated shit, they'll get a slap on the wrist and then it's business as usual. So now there's no legal risk on the corporations part because they can always throw other people under the bus if need be.

And that's why Microsoft's Internet Explorer is the cause of all bad shit in the world.
>>
>>62468290
Fucking this.
My company has dozens of locations with security cameras and the NVR software is only accessible with IE. And probably will remain that way forever.
>>
>>62468096
There are multiple browser extensions for it, but which one is best somewhat depends upon how it was "built" for IE.
>>
>>62468096
http://www.rdeeson.com/weblog/126/how-to-run-internet-explorer-7-8-and-9-in-linux-with-or-without-wine
>>
>>62468203
Work, probably.

TripAdvisor has windows 95 machines for developers to test on, because their business partners are mostly bed and breakfast places that only turn on their computers once a month.

They also have the worst code base I have ever seen.
>>
Use Brave.
>>
>>62468575
To get the devs more shekels? No thanks
>>
>>62468096
No. Insane think
>>
>>62468336
Haha, I think I might have used the exact same brand of security cameras unless lots of manufacturers do this.
>>
>>62468782
They do
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.