[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get a different CPU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 19-117-726-Z01.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
19-117-726-Z01.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
On my desk I have an unopened 7700K. I haven't purchased any components for it yet. Should I go AMD, or stick to Intel? I haven't read much into Ryzen, and I've heard the 7700K is hot as fuck.
>>
>>62466706
AMD uses a lot of power and reaches a very high temperature. There's a reason why 90% of modern PCs use Intel. Stick with what you have.
>>
>>62466723
>first reply is a retarded shill
2011 called, they want their memes back.
>>
>>62466723
twas like this more than 1 years ago, have a (you), cuck.
>>
>>62466706
7700K like all modern Intel CPUs uses thermal paste instead of solder, this is the reason for the high temperatures and difficulty of overclocking without delidding the CPU and replacing the thermal paste with liquid metal.
>>
>>62466706
Why do you have an unopened CPU without other computer parts, Tyrone?
>>
>>62466743
>>
>>62466706
Buy the deliding tool, RTV From JB Well, and cool labs pro.

-20°c no joke.
>>
>>62466706
If you aren't going to delid it and overclock you should've just bought a 1600 or 1600x instead.

It'd be half the price, too, for 5% worse performance.
>>
>>62466792
Well it'd be more like 10% better performance with the 1600x if he doesn't delid, use metal paste, and overclock the 7700k

"Reviewers" never really mention that part of getting their i7 builds working.

I can only imagine how many retards have bought 7700k's and just never even touched the overclock at all.
>>
File: 214_keks.png (30KB, 454x534px) Image search: [Google]
214_keks.png
30KB, 454x534px
>>62466743
TDP doesn't mean shit when overclocked. Only difference is ryzen is a bigger die and soldered so it can actually dissipate the heat. All new high end hardware is a housefire when cranked up.
>>
>>62466752
Retail edge.
>>62466792
I fully intend to overclock, I'm just on the fence about delidding. I know the benefits, but it seems fucking asinine to have to pry off a part of a CPU to have it be not shit overclocked.
>>
>>62466828
>All new high end hardware is a housefire when cranked up.
That's what i meant, thanks actually
This retarded "AMD is hotter than Intel" meme belongs to Athlon XP and Prescott times
>>
>>62466723
But Ryzen has better performance per watt than Kaby Lake.

>>62466706
If you can return it and get all your money back, you might want to do that if you have thread heavy workloads. If not the 7700K is a perfectly fine CPU and will be good enough for gaming for quite some time if that is your goal.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.