[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who program with python?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Python-logo-notext.jpg (61KB, 715x450px) Image search: [Google]
Python-logo-notext.jpg
61KB, 715x450px
who program with python?
>>
>>62463676
u mom
>>
It's one of my tools.
>>
me
>>
>>62463701
same

numpy is based calculator

fuck matlab's license fee
>>
>>62463826
i want to make love to numpy
>>
>>62463676
My dad
>>
>>62463676
Nearly any lisp dialect is superior to python in every conceivable way. Python is a terrible language, poorly designed (hardly better than perl in that regard), very slow (ditto), and most of it's much vaunted libraries are poorly written and unmaintained. At least unmaintained CL libraries are well written.

When Racket 7 switches their backend to Chez Scheme, they're going to wipe the floor with Python.
>>
basically everyone. hard to complete with the ecosystem.
>>
I'd rather write stuff in Haskell for short code
>>
>>62464659
(Forgot to add, Racket is already substantially faster than Python while still being high level, and Chez Scheme will widen that divide substantially. There is a persistent myth that high level is exclusive with fast languages. This myth is manifest in the development and defense of slow high level languages like Perl and Python, the community of both come from a C background (a very performant but low-level language)).

People with only a C background forget (or never learned) that even back when it was created C was low-level compared to other highly performant languages at the time. High level languages back then were performant just as C was, so why did C win? Economic and political reasons. Invented by AT&T who were forbidden to sell it, it was given away to universities. At this time other languages, high level very performant languages, were being developed by people trying to make a business out of selling languages. The free language beat the commercial languages. This set PL research back decades. Research into optimization came to almost a complete standstill because of C's rise to dominance. Optimizations found in modern C compilers were decades late to the game. This history of C and optimization is often forgotten (or never learned) by C programmers. Today highly performant C code typically looks like C, but in past decades highly performant C meant chunks of ASM wrapped with C function syntax. Modern developers with a C background forget that.
>>
>>62464697
That's a defensible position. Your Haskell programs probably beat the pants off Python code. And in 2017, it's easier than ever to use a language outside the C/Perl/Python paradigm. More and more developers are waking up to the wider range of possibilities available to them.
>>
Me program python. Me make many rams.
>>
>>62463676
me program with piton :)
>>
>>62463676
POO
>>
>>62463676
>who program with python?
Pretty much 50% of data scientists (the other 50% use R).
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.