[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where are the magic Vega drivers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1492920560188.png (587KB, 625x918px) Image search: [Google]
1492920560188.png
587KB, 625x918px
I constantly see delusional fanboys say "wait for drivers that unlock Vega's potential", the question I have for you: where are they? Vega is a pretty damn important release for AMD, you'd think they would WANT it to perform at it's best on launch, right? NO, says the fanboy, they don't want it to look great on launch, it's AMD's long game - to sell shitty products!

I own a fury x and while I love it (runs cool, performs great), I remember this shit happening with both the card I own and the RX 480

"wait until drivers for fury X drop, it'll btfo everything nvidia has" - well, 2 years later it outperforms a stock-clocked 980 ti (which has a lot of OC headroom) by like 4-5% on 4k. big whoop.
"wait until more games use async compute, it'll btfo everything nvidia has" - BCS: DOOM, huge uplift; everywhere else tiny or no performance change
"wait until drivers for 480 drop, it'll btfo everything nvidia has" - 1 year later it's on par with a 1060, while costing more. slow clap.

now the same delusional shit happens with Vega

so my question for you fanboys is: when will you stop being fanboys? I own an AMD CPU and GPU, and even I am not fucking delusional like you are

and don't get me started on the ridiculous power consumption of Vega
>>
>>62456851
I want that man to bury his fat chad cock deep into my asshole so much that I'll be coughing up cum for months
>>
>>62456882
if girl, continue. if not girl, kys.
>>
>>62456911
I can wear cute programming socks and a maid outfit for you OwO
>>
Vega 56 isn't half bad if you can get it at around the $399 MSRP. It's pretty much on par with the 1070 right now and I'm guessing will get a bit better with better drivers.

Vega 64 is a different story, though. Vega 64 is an overpriced crapshoot that barely gets 1080 performance while costing as much as a 1080Ti while also consuming an anal load of power. I honestly don't believe any amount of driver updates can fix the horrible release that was Vega 64.
>>
>>62457084
>It's pretty much on par with the 1070

this is my problem with vega
I was hoping it the cheapest one would have been at least as fast as a 1080, but it's 1070 level
and v64 is only 1080 level while only being a tiny bit less expensive (actually costs the same where I live lol) than a fury x
>>
Has anyone got technical details of the yet to be implemented features?
>>
Vega 56 is a good card tho. A few minutes in wattman and it performs better than 1080 in firestrike
>>
File: oiK8Bb9.jpg (906KB, 793x877px) Image search: [Google]
oiK8Bb9.jpg
906KB, 793x877px
>>62457200
Gee, I wonder if there were some sort of documentation that listed the new uarch features in Vega and described how they work? I wonder if such a document could be located if one were to search for "Vega white paper" on a search engine?
>>
>>62456851
This is not like the situation with Fiji at launch. There are literally core new uarch features that are known to still be disabled in Vega, in particular the new uarch feature aimed at finally liberating GCN from being front end geometry bottlenecked at high shader counts.

That bottleneck is why Vega 56 is 100% as fast as Vega 64 at the same clocks right now, and why Vega still sucks in tessellation heavy games right now and why Vega sucks at high MSAA levels right now.

If even half the benefits for primitive shaders claimed in the white paper are actually realized when the feature gets released then Vega's geometry performance will literally double.
>>
File: 1080interlancebait.jpg (64KB, 1920x540px) Image search: [Google]
1080interlancebait.jpg
64KB, 1920x540px
Shit bait.
GPU shit on /g/.
Report and ignore.
>>
>>62458805
call me when they get implemented, mr. shill, I see you post in every single vega critique thread
>>
>>62459280
Giving people information is not shilling
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.