[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is /High Sierra/ here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Who is /High Sierra/ here?
>>
>>62455288
i'd be interested to know if any 2013 MBA or 2012 Mac Mini users have tried this. I guess the biggest change would be the switch over of the graphics subsystem to run off the gpu via Metal. Anyone notice any slowdown or hiccups or glitches in the UI as a result?
>>
File: Autism.gif (1008KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.gif
1008KB, 540x540px
installing the GM right now
>>
>>62455288
Can I get a #quickrundown?
>>
>>62455329
just buy a hackintosh, mate.

>>62455338
>apfs
>metal 2
>you can type in siri

that's probably all
>>
>>62455338
it's basically sierra with new apple file system and ui is gpu accelerated via metal. that's basically it. as far as updates go this has been one of the most low key feature updates to osx in a LONG time.
>>
>>62455353
pft. hackintosh are for poorfags. also i wouldn't trust shit to not be rooted by russians.
>>
sort of hyped but waiting a week

don't want to risk installing a beta
>>
>>62455367
>>62455353
Hmmm. Not bad I guess. The mouse bug still exists too tho. You guys notice that your mouse pointer changes when it shouldn't (finger when shouldn't, resize pointer when not hovering over resize bar parameters, making you click wrong stuff).
It's a legit bug, across all OSX
>>
>>62455375
>hackintosh are for poorfags
Is this a joke? Just buy 10 Xeons and 128GB of ram and 10TB of ssd's and run Hackintosh on that if want to have expensive hardware.

>i wouldn't trust shit to not be rooted by russians
You can explore the source code if you want.
Also, the russians are only a minor part of the clover developers.
>>
File: 14668275480160.jpg (50KB, 600x508px) Image search: [Google]
14668275480160.jpg
50KB, 600x508px
>>62455385
>risk
>what is time machine

is this autism thread?
>>
>>62455430
don't give a shit. for my dev work my mac mini with SSD and 16GB of RAM is more than enough senpai. it's not like i render CGI or do wireframe in CAD or someshit.

also i don't care how small the participation of russkies in clover is. it's not russkies in particular i distrust in the first place. i abandoned windows because i wanted to work on a trusted platform. using something cobbled together by an untrusted organization completely defeats that purpose.
>>
>>62455409
I've only been using for 20 mins but haven't notice any bugs with the cursor
>>
>>62455462
>i abandoned windows because i wanted to work on a trusted platform. using something cobbled together by an untrusted organization completely defeats that purpose.
So why do you use close-source Mac OS that? It could have the same amount of spyware WIndows has. Use Linux then.

>don't give a shit. for my dev work my mac mini with SSD and 16GB of RAM is more than enough senpai
You still didn't answer how hackintosh is for poorfags?
>>
>>62455490

Hackintosh is not for "poorfags", retard!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZU9KD2YESQ
>>
>>62455490
I implicitly trust Apple. That's the whole fucking point.

>You still didn't answer how hackintosh is for poorfags?

That should be obvious, you're trading in peace of mind to save money you could have spent buying a high end Mac Pro.
>>
>>62455521
>save $600
>get root kitted in process

fair trade off i guess
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.