[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a worse operating system out there, /g/? Everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 265
Thread images: 42

File: windows.png (6KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
windows.png
6KB, 550x550px
Is there a worse operating system out there, /g/?
Everything you try do beyond playing Blizzard game breaks the entire OS and to fix it, you have to follow Ravsheet Pirjuuts recommendation and do some pajeet command prompt sorcery that I'm not sure even MS themselves are certain about because the operating system is such a bloated, inconsistent POS.
I thought the argument against Linux was that Windows never requires fixing. I spent more fucking time fixing Windows over 2 years than I ever have Linux over the course of 8 years.
>>
temple
>>
File: linux.png (843KB, 1600x3592px) Image search: [Google]
linux.png
843KB, 1600x3592px
>>62447232
>>
>>62447232
eComStation is objectively worse since it's literally even more hacks upon hacks with less support.
That's about it though and eComStation only exists to service a few banks who didn't want to move their shit on from OS/2.
>>
I want to post some ironic funny comment like "linux" or something, but I just can't think of anything worse than using Windows 10. I tried using it just last week, and you have to lower your standards so much.

I guess it's a good choice if you're a tech illiterate consumerist, but I feel like macs are the better choice in that regard. But for me, Windows is just designed to cater too much to those tech illiterate consumerists and leaves us developers as an afterthought.
>>
>>62447298
What you aren't taking into consideration is that these are tech illiterate normie complaints.
If you aren't a tech illiterate normie, you can jump the hurdles and set linux up to run worlds better than any windows ever could.
>>
>Is there a worse operating system out there, /g/?
I am sure there must be something worse. But Windows 10 is more complicated than anything else, it forces restarts when updating (which is stupid as fuck and completely unnecessary), has mediocre hardware support, is slow and has a shit community of complete tech illiterates

>>62447282
OP did not ask for the best OS
>>
Nobody care about which OS you use, kid.

Stop whining about your choices.
>>
File: ok.jpg (13KB, 185x179px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
13KB, 185x179px
>>62447347
>>
File: designated-3.png (42KB, 1002x282px) Image search: [Google]
designated-3.png
42KB, 1002x282px
>>62447232
Looks like the pajeets have gone to sleep.
We can now talk about how shitty Windows 10 is without their interference.
>>
>>62447232
>download visual studio
>run a console application, close it
>try compiling+running again
>says there's a linking error
>look in task manager
>hello.c is still running
>try ending task
>"you do not have permission"
>go back to linux
>>
>>62447232
Linux.
>>
>>62447232
windows is a toy system
>>
>>62447449
>open task manager
>process view
>end task
>task just keeps restarting
>>
>>62447449
>t. someone who didn't file the paperwork for higher permission
>>
>>62447449
>>62447503
>buy computer that was top of the line less than two years ago
>switch to linux for fun after about a month, end up really enjoying it, use it up until now
>try Windows 10
>too slow
>this faggot >>62447468
>tells me "GET A BETTER CMOPUTER LOL"
Why do you have to keep purchasing the latest hardware just to make Windows do basic things at a usable speed?
>>
>>62447548
What shitty OEM did you pick up?
>>
>>62447633
dumb question. Runs GNU/Linux just fine, much faster than winshit 10. Still works like brand new, and there's no gradual decrease in speed here like you have on Windows and have to reinstall every year or so. I don't think the problem is the hardware.
>>
>>62447693
I have a PIII 700 that runs Windows 98 like a dream. What's your point?
>>
>>62447468
The fact that only /g/ is so stubborn as to try and make it work as a desktop system is pretty telling 2bh
>>
>>62447724
Windows constantly needs stronger hardware while not providing anything better than its predecessors(or its competiton)
>>
>>62447744
Linux needs more than Win98 while providing less.
>>
>>62447754
Good luck running 98 on current hardware
>>
>>62447724
My point is that I still run modern software that gets updated regularly, and am able to do all my work without having to settle for a slower experience like I would on Windows.
>>
>>62447724
What's funny about this post is that Windows 98 is more usable than Windows 10 in its current state
>>
>>62447778
>windows constantly needs new hardware!
>windows won't run on new hardware!
rajesh pls
>>
>>62447799
You are right, linux distros are also bloated, compared to old OSes
just not nearly as badly as recent versions of Windows
>>
>>62447693
>gradual decrease in speed here like you have on Windows and have to reinstall every year or so

You sound like a clueless normie who fell for a meme.
>>
>>62447548
Aren't winniggers the ones who like to criticize Apple for "planned obsolescence"? Yet their malware OS does the same shit. Most likely the manufacturers have a deal with Microsoft to make their OS more bloated each year so that people have to keep buying new computers.
>>
>>62447829
enjoy your windows rot faggot
>>
>>62447829
>>62447853
Windows rot is very common. People seem to notice that a computer running Windows will gradually get slower over time. Of course, they think they just need a new computer, but a reinstall of Windows will usually fix the problem.

Meanwhile on Linux, the hardware itself will fail before the software will give you any kind of problem in terms of degradation or anything like Windows rot.
>>
>>62447897
>but a reinstall of Windows will usually fix the problem.
A full reinstall isn't even necessary anymore. It's just a reset/refresh button away.
>>
>>62447853
>>62447897
>windows rot
Comical evidence.
>>
>>62447935
>being this far in denial
You had to restart your computer seven times while posting in this thread.
>>
>>62447449
>Install Windows 10
>Doesn't detect my wireless card
>have to pop in an Ubuntu liveCD just to download the wifi drivers
>end up just installing Ubuntu
>>
File: single_finger.jpg (15KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
single_finger.jpg
15KB, 224x224px
>>62448010
Oh yeah I'm totally a believer now. Had to restart my computer 3 times to have this image posted.
>>
>>62447897
You don't see Linux rot since Linux has no software. 95/98/XP which suffered from it in varying degrees also wouldn't degrade if you didn't install anything. I supported a 98 box for over a decade that, from start to finish, one of the snappiest systems I've ever worked on. It ran one piece of DOS-based accounting software, and that was it.
Windows' performance would degrade (even with defragmentation) if you sat there and installed and uninstalled dozens and dozens of pieces of software. Linux doesn't have a dozen pieces worth installing.
>>
>>62448064
You'd have a point if, from XP onward, Windows didn't constantly crush itself without any input from you. You could and can literally purchase any laptop or desktop, at any price, and within two years, it will be running like ass and need a restore disk.
>>
>>62448200
Would be easy enough to test, got any links?
>>
>>62447232
I'd say that OpenIndiana is pretty fucking cancerous to use day to day. Can't comment on newer versions of Windows since I haven't used them outside of QEMU but I don't like what I see. As far as the overall features, UI, and applications I'd say that Windows 10 absolutely bottom of the barrel. If I had to use Winshit I'd install Windows 7 with a few modifications on a second hard drive or I'd buy a dedicated machine to run Windows 10 LTSB because at least that doesn't have candy crush installed.

>>62447282
Fuck off CIA nigger.

>>62447330
The eComStation Jews were BTFO by Blue Lion ArcaOS. I bought the single user version ArcaOS and I have to say that it's actually decent and you could use it for basic everyday tasks if you had to. Much better than the original OS/2 or eScamStation.

>>62447334
>I feel like macs are the better choice in that regard
Much better. I was forced to use a company provided MacBook for work a couple of years ago and I've since bought a 2012 iMac and a 2011 Mac Mini and MacBook Pro for personal use. The ones that you can service are actually decent and I enjoy OS X for media consumption and work on hobbyist photography. For any serious privacy and development needs I of course run Fedora. Currently the Mac Mini is running Fedora 25 with the Cinnamon desktop and nothing else. The MacBook is dual booting Sierra/Fedora and the iMac is running High Sierra beta. Everything works well, just don't buy the new ones if you want to use GNU/Linux on them.
>>
>>62448200
Not my experience. I ran XP from '06 to '14. In the beginning when I was still in my gaymen phase and installing multiple titles a year it liked a reinstall every year or so. Towards the end I was just down to a couple old titles and a set of work software and it ran fine for years.
I've been on the same install of Win 10 since release with no issues. Same set of software and maybe 10 games installed in that time.
>>
>>62448235
Nice. So are the 2012 iMacs still usable as daily drivers? I don't game, I just do programming, digital art, and watch videos on youtube or listen to music.
>>
>>62448394
Not who you were responding to, but my mom got a Lenovo laptop with 8GB of RAM and an i7 two years ago, and literally has nothing but edge and office installed, and it's still slow as shit.

My Vaio VPCEB23FM, which I got for 80 bucks, and has an i3 M 350 and 4GB of RAM smokes that Windows 10 laptop, even with my "bloated" Linux Mint's encrypted boot drive and encrypted home folder.

In my experience, Windows should get a fresh reinstall once per year at minimum.
>>
>>62448052
>Had to restart my computer 3 times to have this image posted
It's Windows 10. I believe it.
>>
>>62447232
i personally dislike how running the windows install from a normal user account+password protected admin fucks most programs that need admin privileges up. Mainly the installers that run the program (as admin) after install, but there are others, without mentioning games.
>>
>>62448232
Not him, but: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Microsoft_Windows#Windows_rot
>>
>>62448064
Linux has a lot of software, what the hell are you talking about? On my computer, I can do all my work and daily activities. Let's see, I have Chrome, Firefox, LibreOffice suite which does everything MS Office does but without the paywall, music player, video player, text editor for programming, and a digital art studio.

I can't think of any other piece of software I'll even need, apart from some Blizzard game that will only run on Windows, or Photoshop, which I have no use for, I'm not a graphic designer, I just draw.
>>
>>62448564
Have you read the link? Google claiming Windows is shit because they're launching ChromeOS isn't proving anything.
I'm asking for a link to the claim anon made - buying a new laptop/desktop with windows, doing nothing with it, and then years later testing it.
>>
File: cleanlaptop1001.png (221KB, 454x415px) Image search: [Google]
cleanlaptop1001.png
221KB, 454x415px
>>62448064
>hurrr durrrr winshit has more software
You know, that would be a valid argument, if 99% of Windows software wasn't just bloatware and shovelware.
>>
>>62448578
Linux(distros) don't have a decent video editor
>>
>>62448669
>bloatware and shovelware.
at least the bloatware usually works
unlike the half-baked packages in the repos
>>
>>62447232
What are you even talking about? Ive had w10 since release and haven't had to fix anything. The most I had to do was download and install drivers for my new video card, which worked immediately.

Can you please provide an example of something you did or tried to do that broke the operating system? The inconsistency argument is kind of understandable, but they have taken a few steps to unify some of their UI decisions in the last few months (mostly just making the title bars of windows look the same). although it kind of pisses me off how everything has a different coloured title bar
>>
>>62448669
You would have a counter argument if it weren't for the simple fact that all linux has is shovelware that freetards eat up because they have no alternatives.
mmmm this shit tastes good, at least it's free right fellow brother? keep calm and foss philosophy on my dood
>>
>>62448491
Laptops have always been very variable as to performance. Only one I've ever used that was any good was an Inspiron 8100.

>>62448578
>I have a browser
Congratulations.
>>
>>62448731
>mmmm this shit tastes good, at least it's free right fellow brother?
at least you made me laugh. Unfortunately, what you said is false.
>>
>>62448711
>bloatware
>works
What does it actually do?
>>
>>62448719
>Ive had w10 since release and haven't had to fix anything
If you're going to lie, you should at least make it believable.
>>
>>62448842
have features
or work in general
>>
>>62447897
>meanwhile on Linux your video driver will crash and take the whole OS with it before you can even use it enough to generate the amount of cache files and other assorted garbage that baby boomers refer to as 'windows rot'.
ftfy
>>
>>62448859
I've used XP/Vista/7/8/10 with literally zero issues, buy decent hardware and install a fucking driver why don't you lol.
>>
>>62448859
Fuck, I used the Longhorn Beta for almost a whole year before Vista even came out and had no issues and I was using xp drivers.
>>
>>62447232
>Program installed. Windows needs to restart to complete program installation.
>Restarting...
>Windows needs to restart to apply these settings changes.
>Restarting...
>Windows needs to restart to apply updates.
>Restarting...
>Applying updates, please wait...
>Updates applied, restarting...
>Applying updates, please wait...
>Unable to complete updates, undoing changes...
>Restarting...
I just want out of this restart hell.

>>62448862
>saying bloatware has "features"
>defending bloatware at all
This board really went to shit over the past few years.
>>
How long are LTS releases supported again? Was it 3 years?
That would mean you usually need to reinstall every 3 years to keep up with newer repos/packages wouldn't it?
unless you're using a rolling release in which case I'm not sure

>>62448942
>do thing with bloated program
or
>don't to thing at all
hard decision
>>
>>62448954
>having bloatware in the first place
Stop defending it lol
>>
>>62448859
again, provide some examples. I dont even know what you can do to "break" it.

I have had one blue screen, for some reason when I unplugged my keyboard. But when my computer restarted it worked fine, and I couldn't replicate the problem but plugging/unplugging it. There was no real trouble shooting or "fixing" involved, since it was a (seemingly) 1 off thing and just restarted right away. The total downtime was like 10-15 seconds (maybe longer for you if you dont have an ssd)
>>
>>62448970
>unplug keyboard
>Windows shits the bed
Sounds about right.
>>
>>62447232
It's another 'I am too stupid to use an OS' thread.

What a surprise.
>>
>>62448998
>conveniently ignores the rest of my post

Again, Im asking you, for a third time now, please list some examples of things you did that broke windows. This was something that happened once (in like 2+ years of having w10) and didnt break anything
>>
>>62448881
>hurr durr I don't know how to install a video driver
Windows users truly are the niggers of the tech world. Mac users are smarter than you.
>>
>>62449027
that wasn't me you asked "three times in a row" or whatever, retard. we need post IDs on this board
>>
>>62448967
Look here bub,
a major problem with making people move to Linux is that most counterparts to Windows programs are lacking very badly, either in features or stability

Take video editors for example
Linux doesn't have a decent one
only several buggy shit ones
>>
>>62448970
>One blue screen
That's openly admitting that you've had on kernel panic, which is something I've literally never had with Linux, and have rarely seen on Apple (overpriced shit though they may be). Meanwhile, even with you admitting that you've only had a single instance of kernel panic, you won't even begin to deny that BSOD that people experience DWARFS the percentage/number of kernel panics that people experience on any other platform.
>>
File: 1440023863114.jpg (20KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
1440023863114.jpg
20KB, 220x293px
>>62447232
>Is there a worse operating system out there
No, Windows 10 manages to be worse than any Linux distro by a long margin

OS in general are heading the same way that browsers these days, meaning all the non obsolete alternatives will be absolute dogshit in a couple of years. These are just the results of pushing le diversity meme on tech in order to save costs. Funny enough the same happened in academia to the point Moore's law became invalid.

The only technologic progress you will see in the next decade will be in the botnet department introduced in every aspect of daily life.
>>
>>62448967
>>62449032
They're pajeets and pajeets have low IQs. No point in trying to reason with them.
>>
>>62447232
I like windows 10
>>
>>62449106
And I like my 2011 Honda Fit Sport. But I don't go around acting like it's the best vehicle for everything. As a matter of fact, it's NOT the best vehicle for most things. There are vehicles that are more reliable, there are vehicles that get better gas mileage, there are vehicles that can fit more shit in it, there are vehicles that can go faster, there are vehicles that can haul more.

THAT'S the difference between Windows 10 fanboys, and people who just like Windows 10.
>>
oh it's installed, it's just craps out and takes my DE with it because Linux is a bug riddled mess and users are conditioned to accept mediocrity. Known bug too.
>>
>>62448434
Yeah. All of my machines are using 16GB of RAM and SATA 3 SSDs so they're relatively future proof. Just never get a MacBook with dedicated graphics because they always fail and regular Intel graphics are good enough for the things you described. Just do your graphics intensive work at home on a desktop. Also buy a different keyboard and mouse for the iMac. The Apple ones are absolutely awful.
>>
>>62449086
ya I admitted thats the one thing Ive had happen in the last 2 years. I had kernel panics in linux doing similar shit. One with a printer and one when I was trying to move pictures from a digital camera. The printer was in fedora 17 I think and the camera was on some version of unbuntu can't remember which. And I couldn't even put the SD card into my card reader, because no drivers existed for it for linux (at the time, maybe its different now, this was a few years ago).

Saying shit like "any time I try to do anything ever windows completely nukes my hard drive, burns down my house and I have to move to a new city just to check my email" is fucking retarded and just cheapens your argument. When I'll admit there are very legitimate things to complain about with windows, rampant hyperbole really doesn't help your case, and really wont help make things better in the long run. Especially when there's a whole list of things you can complain about with linux too, or with mac os for that matter.
>>
>>62449070
>a major problem with making people move to Linux
But I don't give a shit if your grandma or retarded cousin uses it lol. I just like it because it's better. I can do everything I do, faster and more efficiently, and the OS stays out of my way. That's all I care about.

>Windows programs are lacking very badly, either in features
Don't want or need the consumerist "features" you're talking about. I consider them bloat and a hindrance.

>or stability
Windows BSODs all the time, and updates are always breaking the system. Linux has better uptime and stability overall, which is why it's so widely used for servers, apart from cost. (Although Windows Server stability comes close)
>>
>>62449185
In the time it took you to type out this tl;dr effortpost, your computer restarted twice, once because of BSOD and the other time because it had to apply updates.
>>
>>62449185
>Saying shit like "any time I try to do anything ever windows completely nukes my hard drive, burns down my house and I have to move to a new city just to check my email" is fucking retarded and just cheapens your argument
I'm thinking you're thinking I'm someone else. Because I never implied any of that shit. What I DID say was that BSOD is FAR more common, even when you do it by percentage of users using each distro. I've never experienced a kernel panic in any of the distros I've used. I imagine its more likely in the "build your own" distros, like Arch, but it still isn't very common when looking at the percentage of overall Linux users who experience Kernel Panic in comparison to the percentage of overall Windows users who experience BSOD.
>>
>>62449086
The overwhelming majority of bluescreens are because of 3rd party drivers though. I can probably count the number of times Windows itself fucked up since I've been using NT on one hand (daily crashes were a regular occurrence on 9x but it's different to a bluescreen on NT), and even then I'm pretty sure a couple of those were because of fucked hardware.
>>
>>62449193
>I just like it because it's better.
that doesn't make it universally better
most people want to use their computers for more than browsing or listening to music or typing shit in a terminal

>Don't want or need the consumerist "features"
it's fine, but as I said, some people like actually doing things or getting work done, which you CAN'T without good programs and their features

>or stability
we're talking about programs, not the OS itself
Linux has shittons of buggy packages which makes them maybe half-usable
>>
>>62447417
NEETs often stay up late though
>>
>>62449193
>Windows BSODs all the time
this is such a retarded talking point, you clearly don't know what a BSOD is or what causes it
>>
>>62449229
>posted from my Windows partition because my Linux WM is broken again
>>
>>62449261
shut the fuck up, BSOD faggot hahahahaha. sucks to be you, not being able to use your computer
>>
>>62449276
good post consider yourself upvoted good sir
>>
>>62449253
but you're just making shit up now lol. The only things I can even think of that you can't do on Linux are use Photoshop, edit videos, or play some Windows-exclusive game.
>>
>>62449261
>he literally can't stop restarting his computer
>>
>>62449253
>Don't want or need consumerist "features"
>getting work done
Alright time to call BS, Cortana-tier features are useless.
>>
>>62449289
>can't do on Linux are use Photoshop, edit videos, or play
that's a lot of things, and only the tip of the iceberg
but thanks for admitting my point
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (27KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
27KB, 1440x1080px
>>62449253
>(((good programs))) and their (((features)))
>>
>>62449323
NOBODY mentioned BUILT-IN shit you retard
but it shows don't actually WORK on your 4chan meme machine
>>
>>62449329
No, that's it. There is no iceberg. In fact, you can probably do more on Linux than you can on Windows because it's not locked down.
>>
>>62447897
lm fucking ao
linux tards really believe this
>>
>>62449353
But those are the only "features" on Windows that aren't on Linux
>>
>>62449106
i dont like windows 10
>>
>>62449329
>that's a lot of things
No, those are only three things. Can wintards even count? Photoshop is one program, video editing is one hobby, and there are only a few games I've tried that either aren't available for Linux on Steam or won't just work through WINE.
>>
>>62449368
Aside from the linux shit, Windows Rot is pretty real
>>
>>62449436
Photoshop works through wine also. I'm pretty grateful for that. Would hate to be tied to a shitty OS just for one program.
>>
>>62449445
no, fuck off, this board doesnt need people like you here
>>
>>62449460
FUCK YOU!!!!!!
>>
>>62449378
anyway, no need to worry about programs, when your installer fail to boot out of the box
like the Anon from the other thread who needed special parameters just to get to the installer

>>62449436
yes, only a minor annoyance(not at all on Windows) everyone is switching to Linux left and right as we speak... right?
>>
>>62448731
I think you may have a different definition of shovelware
>>
>>62449468
>open ubuntu
>one big button "Install ubuntu"
>this is apparently too hard for wintard brainlets
>>
>>62449460
then why is it that over time even if you don't touch anything malicious or shit your windows partition will become slower and slower
>>
>>62449468
>everyone is switching to Linux left and right as we speak
But I already said I don't care about that, I don't care what your grandma is using, I only care about using the better system. Which isn't Windows.
>>
>>62449506
>open ubuntu
>boot process stops at nouveau
WOW
>>
>>62449508
it doesnt, its just one of /g/'s memes, other meme is linux
>>
>>62449506
kek. Windows users are dumber than macfags
>>
>>62449531
>being this far in denial
An actual meme on here is that winbabbies have baby duck syndrome, but I think it's closer to stockholm syndrome.
>>
>>62449468
>yes, only a minor annoyance(not at all on Windows) everyone is switching to Linux left and right as we speak... right?
Enough of the people I know are sick of purchasing laptops once every 2-3 years, and are willing to give Linux Mint a try. Haven't had a single one of them go back once they switch over. It's to the point now that I won't do work on anything that isn't running some form of Linux, which means that all I do now is install Linux onto people's slow laptops.

I offer them 6 months of service for no additional cost, INCLUDING reinstalling Windows for them, but nobody has ever cashed in on it.
>>
>>62449514
>better system
nice opinion there
have fun with it and your system
>>
>>62449558
>says the linux cuck
enjoy you failed boot after apt update
>>
>>62449564
I bet they use it for professional work
>>
>>62449585
have fun with your daily BSODs
>>
File: couldntcompleteupdates.jpg (55KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
couldntcompleteupdates.jpg
55KB, 600x316px
>>62449585
>failed boot after update
obligatory
>>
>>62449616
works on my machine
>>
>>62449616
>"Restarting..."
>Tries to apply updates again
>Same screen
>"Restarting..."
Who the fuck do they have in charge of these updates lol
>>
>>62449558
>Windows user: "I want to do X! Windows lets me do X!"
>Linux user: "I can't do X on Linux, so I don't want to do X, and anyone who does is just wrong!"
Seems only one side is making excuses for their OS.
>>
>>62449590
Well, considering that my mom isn't working, my dad is an engineer that has his own computer at work, maintained by IT, and my coworkers work at a power plant, I wouldn't say that, no. You could argue that some of my coworkers' kids do, though, as they are in college. Ever since I recommended picking up a Thinkpad or Elitebook on ebay, instead of those $150-300 budget laptops at walmart, that's pretty much all I set up Mint on (for some reason, people prefer the metal of the Elitebook, pry because one of the guys doing research into the two saw a video where one got run over by a car).
>>
>>62449633
nothing works on your machine, especially not you.
>>
File: And for free.jpg (352KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
And for free.jpg
352KB, 1920x1080px
>>62448680

K
K D E N L I V E
E
N
L
I
V
E

Fucks up both winshit and macshit stuff... And for free
>>
>>62449644
>Linux user: "I want to do X!"
>Linux: "Okay."
>Windows user: "I want to do X!"
>Windows: "You don't have permission to do that."
>>
>>62449633
in fact, as shitty as it is, it still works on more machines than Linux

Windows usually gets past the boot sequence without "nomodeset"
>>
>>62449674
but does it have BSODs? That's a feature I need to do work, according to winfags
>>
>>62449674
last time I tried it, it crashed 5 times in 30 minutes
but I'll give you the benefit of doubt, and try it again
>>
File: 1505380870439.jpg (299KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1505380870439.jpg
299KB, 2048x1536px
>>62449677
thats because you dont really know if you are past this part or not, you dont really know whats goin on if something go wrong. pic related, it could be n mbr error, but who fucking knows
>>
>>62449644
>>62449675
>Windows: updates, malware, BSOD
shit
>>
>>62449708
Old screenshot, now they don't even try to have an error message, they just have a sad face :(
>>
>>62449639
The biggest problem with Windows, aside from their retarded kernel, is the fact that they actively try to keep their userbase retarded, so as to keep them calling customer service and paying for help. I remember when my computer crashed when installing XP Service Pack 2. Called customer service, thinking it would be free. Fuck no, they wanted a credit card number before they would talk to me about shit, and this was years before the first smartphone dropped, so I basically had to run to the library, use the internet there, write notes, and come back and try to sort it out. Most people would have just paid the 50 dollars for the phone assistance from some heavily accented black lady (back before they moved everything to India).
>>
>>62449675
>Linux user: "I want to do X!"
>Linux: "Okay. [system error]"
>Linux user: "Okay so let's duckduckgo this error"
>Linux user: "Hmm ok so lets copy and paste this command"
>Linux: "Success!"
>Linux user: "Okay I'll just try to do X again as normal"
>Linux: "Success!"
>Linux user: "Great, now let me restart while I go get some coffee"
>Linux post-reboot: "[hieroglyphics and error pop ups]"
I love linux. It only makes you stronger as they say!
>>
>look into someone elses computer
>take a look at C:\
>Program files
>Program files(x86)
>half a dozen folders with gibberish names like "8bdcc25701499e073812"
>folder called "apps"
>bunch of programs installed in C:\ rather than Program files

my eyes!
>>
>>62449755
>pic related
>>
>>62449773
better take it to Geek Squad!
>>
>>62447232

Linux will stay as a contrarian OS for regular desktop users and its users will need to shitpost 7/24 on a Siberian railroad workers' union forum to pretend that their special snowflake systems are superior.
>>
>>62449798
reminds me of fagdroid users
>>
File: ok.jpg (79KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
79KB, 700x400px
>>62449773
>Linux user: "Let's just update some things today"
>pic related
>>
File: lol.jpg (38KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
38KB, 600x300px
>>
File: 052614_0436_Wecouldntco1.png (16KB, 416x150px) Image search: [Google]
052614_0436_Wecouldntco1.png
16KB, 416x150px
>>62449810
>Windows user: "Let's just do th--"
>Windows: "NO! Update time!"
>Windows user: "Okay..."
>pic related
>>
>>62449708
I know 10 is shit, or each iteration of Windows gets worse in some way(which isn't exclusive to Windows)
7 and XP didn't have these problems while being more usable and having more working programs
>>
>>62449810
>>62449828
at least the linux one tells you what went wrong lol
>>
>>62449810
Haven't seen that in 5 years of using Ubuntu. I get at least one bluescreen every 6 months under Windows though.
>>
>>62449831
we already know this, whats your point?
>>
>>62449850
Have never had a single bluescreen on windows. Get system errors all the time in ubuntu.
>>
>>62449647
>Well, considering that my mom isn't working, my dad is an engineer that has his own computer at work, maintained by IT, and my coworkers work at a power plant,
so neither of them use it for work,
what's on your dads PC at work?
>>
>>62449862
Not who you were responding to, but maybe don't use Chrome? It's also nice that even though you couldn't get Chrome to update, you could still see what went wrong, how it went wrong, and everything else still installed.
>>
>>62449851
the point is, you can(and could) do more with Windows despite the drawbacks
>>
File: 1505361452172.webm (658KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1505361452172.webm
658KB, 854x480px
update time, restart now or die
>>
>>62449874
MacOS.
>>
>>62447232
Good story mate
You'd honestly have to be some sort of computer retard to get Windows 10
to break on you
>>
>>62449887
>Linux encounters a problem
>just don't use that software lel
>Windows encounters a problem
>move to another os it's so fucking garbage d00d
Freetards everybody.
>>
>>62449897
It's gonna restart on its own in a minute, anyways.
>>
File: Tux_Racer_Cover.jpg (49KB, 239x300px) Image search: [Google]
Tux_Racer_Cover.jpg
49KB, 239x300px
>>
>>62449810
>Google has a failure
>Somehow the fault a of a kernel
>>
>>62449913
Again, I never made the argument that you should move on just because of a problem. What I was arguing was that using Chrome is retarded. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Also, great job on ignoring the rest of my post.
>>
>>62449898
so not a linux distro
guess what MacOS has that Linux doesn't
good programs for work
>>
>>62449913
The software that had a problem was whomever maintained the Chrome repositories. Now who would that be, I wonder?
>>
>>62449949
Ok, so, I was discussing Window Rot, a problem unique to Windows, and you asked some questions, and then attempted to change the subject entirely. Not sure how any of that refutes the point that Windows is ass.
>>
>>62449975
maybe /g/ does need IDs...
>>
>>62449850
>OCs his machine
>Gets bluescreens
>Switches to Linux
>no reason to OC since just glorified Chromebook
>no more instability
I wonder what it could be?
>>
>buy W530
>Windows 10 Pro preinstalled
>"Ok, just because it's already here I might try this OS and see if all the rumours are true and stuff."
>change refresh date from 50 to 60Hz in Intel GPU utility
>black unresponsive screen forever until hard shutdown
>restart
>something broke then fixed itself
>few days later
>put it to sleep then some time the next day wake it
>oh no it's that update shit
>hijacks my laptop for 10 minutes
>creators update

Yeah I think I'm going to install Win7. That or Win10 LTSB. What's networking like on LTSB? All I know is that apparently you can't install Edge.
>>
>>62450007
Not if you follow the reply chain.
In order:
>>62449468
>>62449564
>>62449590
>>62449647
>>62449874
>>62449898
>>62449949
>>62449975
>>
File: Windows-10-GodMode.png (557KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
Windows-10-GodMode.png
557KB, 600x315px
>>62447232
lets get real for a moment. You install windows 10 in about 45 minutes and for most linuxes its about the same but remember. Biggest base linuxes are about 1 gigabytes or 2 while windows 10 can be more than 5 gigabytes of data. And what happens when you open them. On the linux there are about 2 functional buttons, 3 are nonfunctional and in those two buttons there are some pictures to play with. Maybe slide down or up. On windows though, you feel like a god. Its professional its fast, its all functional. You have a godlike user interface. The thing that the linux does not have. You have those two buttons in the linux, but you still search google for codes to write in terminal. Linux is free because its not worth a penny. Nobody would sell a paper without taking the money. Just not sure why people still buy android while windows phone does 10 times more. Trust me. When you work with windows you know some genius ground breaker dedicated himself to give you an operational os
>>
>>62447232
PonyOS
>>
>>62447232

Honestly I've only had problems with my windows system installing because they have all been pirates. Never had a problem with games or software.

Windows 10 though definitely is on my shit list after using it for several months. The bloatware is real, and the amount of configuration to keep the botnet down can be tedious. Also It uses so much fucking memory. I had to switch back to windows 7.

Linux is cool too, I use tails on my laptop.
>>
File: 1505365273963.webm (965KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1505365273963.webm
965KB, 1280x720px
no windows, go home, you are drunk
>>
>>62450083
work well on my machine
>>
File: 1495525648177.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495525648177.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>62450051
>>
>>62449837
Wintards are so used to error messages that doesn't say where the error comes from that they cannot read them anymore, instead they just click and be like "mfw computer not working".
>>
>>62450014
>Implying I need to OC my 3.2GHz quad core to watch YouTube, run VirtualBox, and play Civ V
>>
>>62447298
>hurr durr I'm retarded
>hurr durr I'm retarded
>fair point
>fair point
>hurr durr I'm retarded X7
>>
>mom I spent another day shitposting about operating systems online!
>>
File: lmaoed.jpg (29KB, 182x308px) Image search: [Google]
lmaoed.jpg
29KB, 182x308px
>>62447298
thread sould have ended here
>>
>>62447232
Same here.

>>62447449
>>62448024
This. Linux just works out of the box. The only issue you'd have would be screen tearing on Xfce/LXDE/MATE, and that's an easy fix. Everything else is less of a hassle to run than windows. I don't get why windows is more used than Mac and Linux. It's fucking garbage.
>>
>>62447232

in my experience, and yes i actually have some experience with operating systems all over the spectrum, including but not limited to Windows, Linux, MacOS, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, DragonflyBSD, OpenIndiana, AmigaOS, MorphOS, Redox, etc. I can honestly say that the only system worse than Windows 10 in history was Beefy Miracle, so Microsoft was really trying hard to fuck everything up with Windows 10

so, good work, I guess
>>
>>62450046
up until that point I was arguing with the other Anon
also,
reinstalling every few years or even every YEAR is probably worth it for being able to use their PC for what they need to, unlike having no proper alternatives on a different OS
just saying
>>
File: 1501274966831.jpg (44KB, 445x445px) Image search: [Google]
1501274966831.jpg
44KB, 445x445px
>tried debian, opensuse and gentoo as desktop replacement for windows
>tried intel and nvidia drivers (open source and prop.)
>get screen tearing everytime
>screen tearing
>in 2017
and into the trash it goes
>>
Id use linux if shit would work properly and didn't need 20 different scripts to get half of useful windows feature.

Windows is shit but at least it fucking works.
>>
>>62450199
/thread
>>
>>62450162
I think its better to have proper software support and to not reinstall every year. That said, Apple is overpriced, but professionally worth it. On the personal side, Linux is better. Very few things that a person doesn't need professionally are unavailable on Linux. Windows is ass on both fronts.
>>
>>62450199
Linux Mint. Now I wait for you to move goalposts.
>>
File: 1504910702132.gif (369KB, 772x475px) Image search: [Google]
1504910702132.gif
369KB, 772x475px
>>62450193
>try windows 10
>everything flashes on every action
no thanks
>>
>>62450322
Windows is still better(more) supported
whether this is because of the merits of the OS itself is up to debate
>>
File: 1450863194030.jpg (30KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1450863194030.jpg
30KB, 396x385px
>>62450355
windows 10 is shit i agree
windows 7 is in MY opinion the best os
no flickering, no screen tearing, no issues, just love
>>
File: mpv_screenshot0298.jpg (19KB, 612x162px) Image search: [Google]
mpv_screenshot0298.jpg
19KB, 612x162px
>>62450355
as if linux didn't have visual glitches
>>
>>62450387
windows 10 is as shit as linux if no worse
>>
>>62447232
>I spent more fucking time fixing Windows over 2 years than I ever have Linux over the course of 8 years.
Ever consider you are the problem, considering you are a minority? Usually people who think they have to "fix" things all the time are the ones not using something right in the first place.
>>
>>62450367
On the professional level, it's better than Linux without question. MacOS has options for the majority of specialty shit, even non-media stuff like AutoCAD. Of course, the software a professional needs comes first, and the OS is just a means to an end. I'm sure there are very specific instances where Windows offers something that nothing else does. That doesn't mean that Windows is a good OS because of this, however.

And lets face it: the vast majority of people on this site who prefer Windows do so because of video games, or because they are amateurs trying to become professionals, and therefore can't justify the expense of Apple.
>>
File: 1505365679216.webm (367KB, 434x324px) Image search: [Google]
1505365679216.webm
367KB, 434x324px
>>62450387
>>
>>62450411
>the vast majority of people on this site who prefer Windows do so because of video games, or because they are amateurs trying to become professionals
I use it because its the best OS for just about every task. Linux is convoluted nonsense to do simple tasks and osx is worthless because of how locked down and badly designed it is.
>>
>>62450428
so can we just agree they're both shit more or less on different fronts and move on?
>>
>>62450395
I've been using linux for the past 2 and a half years with no issues. Intel pentium CPU, AMD GPU.
>>
File: 1499595526790.jpg (110KB, 666x1424px) Image search: [Google]
1499595526790.jpg
110KB, 666x1424px
>>62450462
windows has only games, but even these are coming to an end,. botnet 10 will die in our life time, praise the lord
>>
>>62450446
>I use it because its the best OS for just about every task.
This is a blatant lie. This is like me claiming that my Honda Fit Sport is the best vehicle for just about every task. Sure, it's got a lot of space, but plenty of other shit offer more space. Sure, its a zippy little thing, but there are other cars that will blow it out of the water. Sure, its efficient on gas at 40mpg, but there are cars that are way more efficient. It's a great minimalist vehicle, but it's not the best at anything.

Window, is the only choice for certain software. That doesn't make it the best, or even good. It just makes it a necessary evil.
>>
>>62450483
>windows has only games
we just argued hours about shittons of other programs not having a decent alternative
ignorance is bliss
>>
>>62450496
So what exactly can linux do that windows cant do better? I can venture a guess that its not something 99% of people would ever do or even notice.
>>
>>62450522
i use photoshop in wine, it works no worse than on windows. all i cant run is dx11/12games but i dont care either way. suck my fat dick you cuck
>>
The second we start getting consistent Linux ports is the second I switch my main desktop over.
But as of now I'm trapped
>>
>>62450526
try moving those 99% in the current state of linux and you'll see soon enough

>>62450558
try editing a video sometime
>>
>>62450526
Run for 2 years without a recover/reinstall. Run well on older/cheaper hardware. Program. Not fragment. Update faster. Know what went wrong when something goes wrong (albeit this is more limited to Windows 10). Respect your privacy. Tweak the system the way you want to. Depending on the distro, go way longer without a kernel panic (the equivalent to Window's BSOD).

That's just off the top of my head, and only the things that I feel Linux is outright better than Windows at, and not including the shit that they are equal at.
>>
File: 86612445589576.jpg (124KB, 609x607px) Image search: [Google]
86612445589576.jpg
124KB, 609x607px
>>62450579
only good video editing software is adobe ae/pr and these dont have uwp versions. you are cucked but you dont even realize it yet
>>
>>62450599
So, cant name a single thing then.

Just acknowledge it instead of grasping at straws. Not to mention bringing up BSOD or fragmentation shows you dont even know enough about windows 10 to lie about it.
>>
>>62450635
So far I got by using the free version of Lightworks
which works on Windows
it's buggy on Linux
>>
>>62450657
works on my machine
>>
>>62450645
I like that you were so blown out that you had to enter a state of delusion in order to keep from realizing how shit Windows is.

>Not to mention bringing up BSOD or fragmentation shows you dont even know enough about windows 10 to lie about it.
He was talking about Windows is general, which is completely obvious considering that he limited one of his complaints solely to Windows 10.

It's ok. You debated well, but you took up a losing position. Windows wins on one, and only one count against competing OS's: versatility. Just about any software out there is either for Windows, or Windows has a worthwhile equivalent. That's it.
>>
>>62450667
doesn't on the majorities though
which is why it won't get widely adopted
which is why it won't get more support
which is why it'll remain shit
gg

>>62450706
>That's it.
that's "it" a factor that carries Windows much further than most things Linux has going for it.
>>
File: 1505387517947.jpg (101KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1505387517947.jpg
101KB, 1024x768px
>>62450752
this is what windows 10 looks on majority of computers
>>
File: Screenshot-59.png (241KB, 621x258px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-59.png
241KB, 621x258px
>>62450769
and this is what Linux looks like
>>
File: 1505350938985.png (17KB, 744x273px) Image search: [Google]
1505350938985.png
17KB, 744x273px
>>62450791
at least you cant fix windows with updates, oh wait
>>
Not saying windows 10 is good but it is by far more usable than any thing linuxbased

>install linux
>spend hours troubleshooting things that should be non issues like getting a specific usb device to work properly
>basically never does everything work 'out of the box'
>install muh one command get and go software but have to install 1000 dependencies
>everything is cryptic as fuck
>do one thing wrong and everything fucking breaks and have fun manually fixing it

>install windows
>everything just werks
>>
>>62450752
>that's "it" a factor that carries Windows much further than most things Linux has going for it.
Again, versatility of 3rd party software is all they have. Nothing else. It loses on all other fronts. MacOS almost matches Windows in versatility, and almost matches Linux in its strong suits.
>>
File: 1505386936173.png (810KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1505386936173.png
810KB, 600x450px
>>62450791
and this is what windws errors look like
>>
>>62450812
at least you can install Windows without a driver failing the boot process
>>
File: 1505380870439.jpg (63KB, 997x633px) Image search: [Google]
1505380870439.jpg
63KB, 997x633px
>>62450832
maybe 7, but in 10 you dont even know if it boot to load drivers lmao
>>
i use a heavily modified version of W7 so it's not that bad
but i still use Debian at work
>>
>>62450832
this
>boot installation media of [insert any distro]
>either keyboard mouse graphics or network drivers don't work
w o w
>>
>>62450916
from experience, it mostly happens to the open source nvidia drivers
my laptop touchpad not having linux drivers is another problem though
>>
>>62450891
They listed the error, albeit with a typo.

>SYSTE (win32k.sys)
"You're using an OS with Windows/System 32. Kill yourself."
>>
>>62450962
more like "you are using windows, kys"
>>
>>62447298
>boo hoo linux sucks everything's terrible
>guess i'll just wait another year and then see if it becomes good
>years pass
>boo hoo hoo
>>
>>62450819
they probably have more, but I'm too tired to argue further

I guess it might be a good thing that Microsoft keeps fucking up Windows
it's annoying because I still need it for a lot of stuff, but if it gets bad enough, maybe Linux will get more and more support.

This is from someone who has been dual-booting for years now and recently switched to pci-passthrough.

As a sidenote, my touchpad doesn't work in linux, my pci soundcard doesn't function properly in linux(no low pass filter on sub output) and nouveau is a big problem for nvidia users.

Linux is still far from catching up with Windows.
>>
>>62447298
>pointless
what
For one, this "13 reasons why" writeup is completely and utterly pointless, not only was the time wasted on writing this thing when it could've been spent on something More Productive, it doesn't even highlight these issues in a helpful manner, not even for potential users making a decision. It's just a tired rant.
>competing
wait what wtf
did I miss something or is there a one-and-only, LinuxTM distro that DEs compete for to be included in?
>products
lmao
>>
>>62447330
Why the fuck did banks use a desktop OS for their internal systems in the first place?
>>
>>62448680
>what is lightwave
>>
>>62448680
Blender.
>>
>>62449917
Unironically more enjoyable than the latest Cowadoody or whatever winbabbies play nowadays.
>>
>>62451375
Most of the good shit is available on other platforms, anyways.
>>
>>62450051
>godlike user interface
>flat design smartphone-inspired interface
Pick one.
>>
File: 1504056113284.png (147KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1504056113284.png
147KB, 400x300px
>tfw I haven't updated windows in ages.
>>
>>62451498
If that's true, then enjoy all the windows vulnerabilities that are out there. Oh, and now you have to do "Rollups," which means that you can't pick and choose what to install.
>>
>>62451575
More Linux ones nowadays.
>>
>>62451656
Maybe if you count Android.
>>
>>62450051
I'm not reading that shit.
Learn how use the Enter key.
>>
File: 1495926968132.jpg (51KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
1495926968132.jpg
51KB, 768x960px
>>62448711
>half-baked packages in the repos

I don't know what shit distro and maintainers you rely upon, but everything works for me the way I want it. Read the fucking man page.

>inb4 using AUR
>>
>>62447449
> be me
> doesn't run a 90s level OS
> fires it up.
> clicks a button and watches as it brings together every part of the machine - processor, graphics, network, sound - in the symphony that is a modern AAA game; that which no other OS is capable of doing.
> connects with my buddies so that i can share in the good times.
> 60 fps
> writes our own mods and shares, for even more fun
> constantly has a good time

> be linux user
> work for days to get it running
> still looks like windows 3.1 failsafe mode
> muh terminal
> nobody cares about my mad hax0r skillz
> become gay
>>
>>62447232

Plenty. Linux and most hobbyist OSes are total shit for desktop use. Their place is only on servers and other devices nobody interacts with directly.
>>
File: 1497237970820.png (381KB, 1305x903px) Image search: [Google]
1497237970820.png
381KB, 1305x903px
>>62452696
>hobby OS
>>
>>62452663
> become gay
good
>>
>>62452717
Well, it's not a commercial OS, so it's hobbyist shit.
>>
File: 5eb.jpg (604KB, 1708x942px) Image search: [Google]
5eb.jpg
604KB, 1708x942px
>>62447232
There is no OS worse than windows
>>
File: hmm12.jpg (37KB, 640x631px) Image search: [Google]
hmm12.jpg
37KB, 640x631px
>>62452792
>something needs to be made commercially to be good
>>
I love Windows hate threads

I booted up my Win desktop yesterday for the first time in ages and it felt almost unusable

Explorer also crashed for some reason
>>
File: 1500735234214.jpg (142KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500735234214.jpg
142KB, 1280x720px
>windows 10 on laptop
>it's been updating or downloading the update so I've just been leaving it to sleep rather then shutdown
>wake up this morning, turn on laptop
>windows updated
>Wi-Fi is broken
>no internet access
>have to reset the laptops wireless settings and restart again just to get internet access
Th-Thanks Windows. Did anyone else get this problem?
>>
>>62450149
Linux doesn't work that well
Just because you had a good experience doesn't mean everyone does. My Ubuntu installation had errors all over the place. I can't be bothered with that shit. It worked for you? Good for you bro. Tons of people have critical problems with it, driver failures and the like. Windows does work better than Linux. It's a piece of crap but it still somehow holds together and is the standard that comes with most PCs. It has Office and games holding people to it.

I use a mac btw
>>
>>62452826
Who even knows wtf is going on in processes anymore?

My explorer crashed then later a CMD prompt showed for a split second and disappeared. I was worried I had a virus and checked the processes. But there's so much shit in there you can't discern whats what. Maybe it's not a virus, just part of the explorer restart process. As fishy as it to have a random command prompt show for a second Windows is so bizarre it's hard to tell what's normal.
>>
Windows: games
Linux: no games
/thread
>>
>>62452980
I got something worse
>leave laptop in "sleep"
>windows starts updating
>battery dies mid update
>return to laptop, have to recharge the battery
>windows crashes on boot every time
>have to reinstall the OS
>install Xubuntu instead
Fucking joke. They should just make windows a fully cloud based OS already so the end user doesn't have to put up with their shit and leave desktop computing to MacOS and Linux which are clearly superior. Microsoft just buys their way into people's homes.

>>62453156
Linux only has issues with nVidia drivers. It will work fine on AMD GPUs and intel processors. Networking drivers work fine, touch screens work fine, touchpads work fine, cameras work fine. It will literally just work on most computers/laptops and most hardware. Even the latest GPUs now that AMD is actively working on open source drivers. nVidia also has good drivers but they aren't included in Linux by default which is what's causing issues in most cases.
As for Ubuntu, it's a shit distro when it's forks are more stable than itself.
>office
WPS / LibreOffice / Google Docs. Office is not an essential piece of software and 90% of population does not interact with it outside of schools. Lots of colleges even use LibreOffice.
>games
>what are consoles
Linux has games, and they're only relevant to the male population and mostly kids. Casual games are on android/iOS and browsers.
>>
>>62452980
Better than what my Windows 10 PC did, it used to just crash outright when the USB wireless failed.
>>
File: State of Windows gaming.png (327KB, 963x525px) Image search: [Google]
State of Windows gaming.png
327KB, 963x525px
>>62453242
>no games
Steam
GOG
HumbleBundle
Browser games
Emulators
WINE
KVM

Yes, you have only 50% of the games available on windows, at least without KVM which gives you ALL windows games. But do you really need all the shitty games exclusive to it like pic related?
>>
>>62447232
iOS.
>>
>>62453267
>WPS / LibreOffice / Google Docs. Office is not an essential piece of software and 90% of population does not interact with it outside of schools. Lots of colleges even use LibreOffice.
I don't use it either. But normies do. On my Mac I still have to use Chrome for flash slide presentations that teachers want me to view, and convert to docx before sending to teachers. The standard is Windows. It doesn't need to be but it is. Businesses want to have "the standard" which is Office.
>>
>>62453297
Just dual boot for games. I don't know why gaymes are such a problem when it comes to moving away form Windows. If a game isn't good enough to spend the time rebooting into it it's probably some time waster shit like MOBA that you don't really care about anyway. It takes all of 2 minutes to go between OSes. If it's not worth that 2 minutes it's probably not a good game.
>>
>>62447232
Nothing worse, no.
>>
>>62451187
>>62451219
>serious answers

>>62452206
>works for me
linux users everyone
>>
>>62447232
Use linux and call it a day. Wangblows is just waste your time.
>>
>>62453238
>Who even knows wtf is going on in processes anymore?
Data collection
>>
>>62456429
winrar
>>
File: 1477770724637.gif (444KB, 350x375px) Image search: [Google]
1477770724637.gif
444KB, 350x375px
>>62447503
>open task manager
>process view
>30 svchost running.
>dig down one of them
>ends up in a Chinese titled folder
>>
>>62447449
>use linux for a month straight without booting into windows
>finally go back into windows to play some games
>everything is just slightly slower than in linux
>firefox loads slow
>programs load slow
>everything is slow
>>
>>62452858
I can't even open my file explorer in win10

I get an "unspecified error" message when I try.
>>
File: output.webm (1MB, 1271x872px) Image search: [Google]
output.webm
1MB, 1271x872px
>>62456657
>>
>>62456675
sfc /scannow
Thread posts: 265
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.