[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Freesync is the only reason Vega surives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: atpower.jpg (18KB, 320x405px) Image search: [Google]
atpower.jpg
18KB, 320x405px
The only reason to get a Vega is because of Freesync. It is the fastest Freesync solution on the market.

If Nvidia really wanted to fuck over AMD. They could easily release their own version of "Freesync" a.k.a "Gsync on their mobile GPUs" and marketed as "Gsync 2.0.

Vega would immediately lose its gaymer value overnight unless you have a hate-boner for Nvidia.

Alias, Nvidia feels that current G-Sync 1.0 ecology is too lucrative to be sacrificed in order to kill off AMD RTG in the gayming arena.
>>
>>62437636
Nice blog.

/subscribed.
>>
>>62437636
Or they could just adopt regular Freesync as there's nothing stopping a Pascal based graphics card from supporting it via DisplayPort.
>>
>>62437651

a.k.a "G-sync on their mobile GPUs"'

Nvidia could easily unlock that shit with a simple driver update, but they aren't willing to shallow their pride and sacrifice "G-Sync 1.0" for it.

Nvidia already ungimped their Pascal Titans via a driver update when Vega Frontiers were raping them at prosumer-tier stuff.
>>
Freesync is an open hardware solution I'm pretty sure whether or not Nvidia adopts it is completely irrelevant to AMD.

IIRC Gsync was announced first and then AMD announced freesync shortly afterward to spoil Nvidia's fun. If Nvidia adopts freesync it would just render gsync completely irrelevant.
>>
I'm happily to buy a Nvidia gpu if they release the driver that can use VESA Adaptive-Sync(Freesync) like the one that they use on their laptop. But they know that once they use Freesync, Gsync will look like a scam.
>>
>>62437636
It's more like the nvidia tax on gsync monitors is the only thing keeping AMD alive, because it steers people away from gsync thus nvidia and right into AMD's arms
>>
>>62437667
You don't seem to accept that G-Sync works much better.
>>
>>62437636
Help out a dummy. I have a GTX 1070 that supports G-Sync but my monitor supports Freesync. Is Freesync doing anything for me in that case or is it just useless?
>>
>>62437944
Are you not getting the "G-sync on their mobile GPUs" part?

If you have a laptop with a selected nvidia gpu, you can utilise a technology that is called "gsync" to allow the monitor to perform adaptive frame sync without the requirement of a traditional nvidia designed gsync scaler module that is found in all standalone desktop monitors that support a technology called "gsync".

It is unclear if these two versions of gsync are actually the same and the gsync scaler is just physical drm, or if there are actual technical differences between the way gsync is implemented in laptops vs desktops.

If nvidia were to allow the mobile version of gsync to be used on desktops, you wouldn't have to buy a more expensive monitor just to get adaptive frame syncing on nvidia cards. It is possible that this would even be compatible with VESA adaptive sync, meaning you could possibly run an nvidia GPU on a "Freesync" monitor.

Don't suppose anyone has a good analysis of the differences?
>>
>>62438175
completely useless
>>
>>62438175
useless unless one day nvidia wants to support it like they did in their laptop. it just a fucking driver.
>>
Daily reminder that the average gamer has neither free sync or gsync and neither fucking matter and has no impact on market share.

580s and consoles are keeping RTG alive, not goddamn freesync.
Most people are using goddamn 100$ 1080p office tier monitors.
>>
>>62438175
totally useless, I'm in the same boat. Nvidia dropped the ball not supporting both standards while blocking AMD out of one
>>
>>62437813
Announcing shortly after would mean it was almost finished as well, not a project that started after competitor's announcement. I would say the announcement order doesn't matter. Nvidia just wants to lock people in and that's why G-sync exists.
>>
>>62438231
It can't be physical DRM because G-Sync works a lot better. Most reviewers who’ve compared the two side-by-side seem to prefer the quality of G-Sync, which does not show stutter issues at low framerates, and thus smoother in real-world situations. Some FreeSync monitors have an extremely narrow adaptive refresh range, and if your video card can’t deliver frames within that range, problems arise.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.