[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys have against Fedora?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
What do you guys have against Fedora?
>>
tips
>>
>>62428966
SystemDick
>>
>>62428966
Beta testing for redhat for free

void or gentoo/exherbo/funtoo are the only options now
>>
>>62428966
Is shit, is a trap, and anons fall for it. Do not become a RedHat betatester.
>>
>>62428966
You made this thread last night. It's a babby distro for edgey cucks who brag about Linux but don't have any idea what they are doing
>>
>>62428966
Nothing. Redhat's Linux distributions are the best operating systems available.

>>62428997
I get to use a fresh version of the best operating system in the world for free and improve that operating system in the process. Why wouldn't I?

>>62428979
It's too late now. I tried Devuan but I realized I'm already too dependent on systemd and PulseAudio. Even if I could use Devuan for now, I'm afraid it'd all be for nothing as systemd is becoming the standard.

>>62429009
>edgey cucks
I think you confuse Fedora with Arch and Manjaro.
>>
>>62429124
Don't bully Manjaro!!!
>>
File: manjaro.jpg (18KB, 339x275px) Image search: [Google]
manjaro.jpg
18KB, 339x275px
>>62429154
Why? It's literally the worst distribution that has ever existed. When people thought it wouldn't get worse than Mint, Manjaro somehow managed to show their incompetency and sink even lower. I can't think of a single reason to use Manjaro over other distributions.
>>
Nothing
>>
>>62429190
>expiring ssl cert is worse than compromised mirrors
I see no problem here, except your butthurt.
>>
>>62428966
nothing wrong with it and every normie on this board know it.

FEDORA USERS CONTRIBUTE MORE TO THE LINUX KERNEL THAN ANY OTHER DISTRO'S USERS.
PRODUCTIVITY IMPLIES FEDORA USAGE.
>>
Reminder that fedora breaks too much, is full of bugs
>>
>>62428966
Because whatever it was made for there is other distro doing it better.

Gateway distro? Linux mint
Basic desktop distro? Linux mint
Advanced desktop distro? Ubuntu
Server distro? Debian
Security distro? Kali
Live usb distro? Puppy linux
Geek distro for tinkering? Arch/Gentoo
>>
>>62429325
Professional distro? Fedora/RHEL

You dropped this.
>>
>>62428966
nothing, I just dont like it. Ubuntu just feels comfy
>>
Fedora is top-tier. Very reliable distro that seems to work perfectly on any hardware.
>>
>>62429124
t. RedHat community manager
>>
>>62429353
Ah professionall distro?
So what fedora does what other distro cant?
>>
>>62428966
There's just no good reason to use it.
>>
>>62429533
>Well managed.
>Up-to-date for a fixed release distribution.
>Good software selection, especially virtualization and development tools.
>Most professional software for Linux is packaged as RPM (usually .deb too)

Anyways, there's absolutely nothing wrong with Ubuntu or Debian. What exactly can say, Ubuntu, do what other distributions can't?
>>
lack of documentation and instability in the latest versions was the reason I couldn't stand it. I wanted to use it but it's so broken and shitty.
>>
>>62428966
I just made a fedora server vm. I checked the network interface in the installer and it checked out.
After installation, I had no internet. Even after rebooting a few times I had no internet.
I followed this article: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Networking/CLI
That was absolute bullshit. Who the fuck things that is an acceptable way for making a network connection.. did they build dhcpc off of mysql?
After following those instructions, the internet didnt work even after reboot.
I then deleted the entire vm, went through the install process again doing the exact same thing.
This time however the internet works.
I installed the package I as looking for, navigated to its folder to find its not there. I spend 10 minutes dicking around on google, installing all kinds of shit looking for it. I then rerun the install command and it confirms the installation again.
mfw it didn't actually install it the first time

My entire week has been like this so I don't even give a fuck anymore.
the cli looks pretty though. I want to like it.

I do want to add though, as someone whos used arch exclusively for 5 years now, for me to finally say something is bullshit sorta stands out to me.
>>
>>62428966
Red Hat and systemd.
>>
>>62431064
Yeah network manager is a pain in the ass to use on servers. I really don't get why they thought it was a good idea to use it on the server edition. Gentoos netifrc is nice.
>>
>>62428966
Gnome 3 supporters FUD spreaders against everyone else
>>
I own their stock but I use mandriva
>>
Opensuse > Arch > Fedora
>>
>>62428966
Its called Fedora
>>
File: 1464692100585.jpg (13KB, 157x132px) Image search: [Google]
1464692100585.jpg
13KB, 157x132px
>>62429124
whats wrong with pulseaudio?
>>
Just installed fedora for the very first time. Only reason why I even considered it (been a debian for the past 15 for years) was the fact that it's the only distro that supports wayland out of the box. I've mainly used a mac on the desktop for the past few years and I got a good thinkpad for cheap. Turns out Windows is just as cancerous as ever and... X11 is too.
>>
>>62433015
using Leap at the moment. I like openSUSE infrastructure but their default settings are borderline retarded. The choice of a kernel is debatable, and so are network settings. Also all this fuckery with fonts, codecs, thumbnails in a file manager, etc. It's just tiresome.
I kinda made this distro to work the way I want so it has nice perfomance, fast bootimes and doesn't drain a battery in 20 minutes (as it did with a default kernel). But the thing is - after all this fuckery I can honestly say that I made my own spin of brokenSUSE. I don't know what the team behind the distro is doing but they are doing it badly. I wouldn't recommend this distro to anyone.
>>
>>62434800
also, If you consider installing openSUSE - don't choose XFS for a home partition. It's known for breaking stuff if your PC was shut down unexpectedly. Haven't fot any problems with btrfs, though...yet.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.