[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's you guys opinion about Ultrawide monitors?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

So what's you guys opinion about Ultrawide monitors?
>>
>>62427206
its alright
couldnt work properly without one anymore.
>>
Have a LG34UC88. It's amazing for everything except MOBAS or similar where you have to mouse the edge of the screen frequently. But I just play borderless for those.

Programming or work in generall is kickass. Gaming is amazing. Girlfriend thought it was too big and weird to begin with but started using it whenever she can afer a while.
>>
>>62427286
>Girlfriend thought it was too big and weird
heh weird, she said that to me too.
>>
>>62427206
I prefer 2 normal screens
>>
File: 1504468446835.png (80KB, 316x208px) Image search: [Google]
1504468446835.png
80KB, 316x208px
I'm afraid of buying one and having a huge performance loss with my GTX 1070 on games.
>>
>buy expensive ultra wide monitor
>play memetastic games
>>
>>62427319
had the same scenario. 1070 and 3440x1440 - most modern games ran below 60 fps on high settings - decided to break the fan bearings and get my money back from amazon :^) and bought a 1080 ti with that money.
>>
Meme tier trash.

40" 4K screen is superior in every way.
>>
>>62427920
its awful for gaymin tho
>>
>>62427206
Way better for productivity compared to one 16:9 monitor. Cinema aspect ratio movies look great Most gaymes wont render correctly without some kind of hack
>>
meme
>>
File: ultrameme.png (290KB, 1194x543px)
ultrameme.png
290KB, 1194x543px
I've been waiting for ultrawides to catch up because ultrawides in general lag behind conventional monitors in resolution. A 3840 x 1440 ultrawide doesn't sound so great when 4K 3840 × 2160 standard format monitors are available. You're paying for less resolution and more real estate.

I'm still waiting, but one of the monitors I tagged as a potential buy suddenly had a massive price drop from one seller.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTIZQQM/

This one was selling for $860 and the other sellers have it priced at over $1700.

I posted about it over in the stupid questions thread and suddenly the number started dropping and I managed to put in an order for one before the last one disappeared. I don't know if other /g/ents just jumped on the deal or if other people just stumbled on to it too.

Either way, there's the feeling that maybe the seller fucked up. The seller still has them at stock but now the price is back up to $1800.

Not sure how pricing errors work on Amazon, but I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up getting cancelled on their end. Wouldn't be too broken up about it because it's just a wider version of my current 2560 x 1600 30" monitor which is also an LG Panel with the Monoprice branding.
>>
>meme
>productivity
>meme
>real estate
>meme
summed up the thread for you
>>
>>62427206
Might be good for productivity (video editing, coding, etc). Trash for media consumption and games.
>>
>>62427206
i like them because they look like two 4:3 monitors side by side. i replaced my 16:9 monitor for an used 4:3 monitor last week because i couldn't stand it anymore.

16:9 monitors are only good for movies, for coding, reading and other shit it's just a major pain in the ass.
>>
>>62427286
>>62427299
Unironically happened to me too.

She got used to it after we watched LOTR in full 21:9 with no cropping or blackbars.

What's up with chicks and narrow screen ratios? is 4:3 actually the feminine ratio?
>>
>>62428636
meant to say that they suck for anything but movies
>>
>>62427206
Largely useless, I'd rather buy a 3840x2160 monitor. Curved ones are also fully retarded, fucking nothing that comes out of your PC is made to be viewed on a curved surface, it can't even display a straight horizontal line.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.