[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, seriously. How in the fuck can I force Youtube to load

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 13

File: This fucking shit.jpg (89KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
This fucking shit.jpg
89KB, 640x360px
Alright, seriously. How in the fuck can I force Youtube to load flash instead of the cancer that is HTML5 now that they changed shit again?
>>
>using a web browser for video playback
>>
>>62426549
>What is youtube-dl
>>
You intentionally want Flash ? Why ?
>>
>>62426549
What kind of shit browser are you using?
Even Microsoft Edge plays youtube fine.

Flash player is getting phased out, even Adobe is dropping it.
>>
>>62426549

they don't serve new videos in flash, mostly due to shitty HD support
>>
File: 1373784412083.png (6KB, 203x195px) Image search: [Google]
1373784412083.png
6KB, 203x195px
>load flash instead of that cancer HTML5
What a brave new world we live in
>>
>>62426549
>he prefers flv to h.264 and vp8/9
an absolute mad man
>>
>>62426562
If it's a quick minute video, I don't want to have to fucking dl every god damned thing. It's faster to just stream it. Now, however, I ABSOLUTELY MUST download any fucking video I want to watch on Youtube, even if it's fucking embedded. Google needs to be destroyed.

>>62426583
Shut up, google, you monstrous slut.

>>62426591
Old FF. Google paid FF devs to destroy all the new versions so they don't even function, so if you want mandatory add-ons to work, you have to use older versions now.

>Flash player is getting phased out
Yeah no. KILL YOUR SELF GOOGLE.

>>62426592
Wrong. It's because of google.
>>
>>62426591
I'm using chromium and happens often to new videos.
>>
>>62426646
HTML5 is an annoying cunt with no ability to control it. I'm getting real fucking sick of this trend of eliminating all control from the end user in every single fucking piece of software on Earth.
>>
>>62426769
what do you mean exactly?
>>
Are you okay anon ?
>>
>>62426661
>Google paid FF devs to destroy all the new versions so they don't even function, so if you want mandatory add-ons to work, you have to use older versions now.
>this is what poltards actually believe
57 is the best firefox to date. you don't even have to trust my words on this. just look at the UI and run some benchmarks
>>
>>62426892
Listen, I didn't install FF because I'm not a control freak. Flash was easy to control. HTML5 doesn't work half the time on any site and is annoying as shit.

>>62426926
>poltards
>He actually loves google
Israel detected.

>just look at the UI and run some benchmarks
But can it even run add-ons?

>Inb4 It doesn't need them! Everything is under control!
>>
was offline for 2 weeks
go on yt
it got so much cancerous over 2w or I just see things differently?
>>
File: ss-2017-09-14-16-33-06.png (52KB, 775x452px) Image search: [Google]
ss-2017-09-14-16-33-06.png
52KB, 775x452px
>>62426966
>I didn't install FF because I'm not a control freak
>Flash was easy to control
what did he mean by this?

>HTML5 doesn't work half the time on any site and is annoying as shit.
works on my machine. I run Arch Linux btw

>He actually loves google
nice false statement. did it hurt when you were pulling it out of your ass?

>But can it even run add-ons?
yes
>>
>>62427146
>vimium on FF
wot
>>
>>62427146
>Add-ons that don't matter
What a faggot.
>>
>>62427269
you don't matter
>>
>>62426549
>unironically wanting to use the worst proprietary piece of shit that polluted the web a.k.a. flash
Are you pretending to be retarded, OP?
>>
>>62427677
>Flash was a disaster!
Shit google says.
>>
>>62427840
>implying that anybody who dislikes flash is a google shill
The fuck are you even doing? Is this some new /pol/ meme I'm not aware of?
>>
>>62426549
Flash is malware.
>>
>>62427840

>Flash
>Requires an extra plug-in to even function in a browser
>Uses more memory than the browser itself
>Thousands of exploits over it's lifetime that Adobe frequently refused to fix

I'm so glad Flash is dead.
>>
File: 1481859201914.jpg (7KB, 136x176px) Image search: [Google]
1481859201914.jpg
7KB, 136x176px
>>62426549
>>
Waterfox doesn't have this problem
>>
>>62427971
>Uses more memory than the browser itself
Literally the only problem.

>Thousands of exploits
>But muh security doe!
LITERALLY shit that google says.
>>
>>62426661
you can stream youtube links with mpv
There's no excuse for watching in your browser
>>
>>62428214
The fuck does not liking flash have anything to do with google? Both are proprietary shit that deserves to be wiped. At least flash is finally getting put down, good riddance.
>>
File: poop.png (133KB, 1440x848px) Image search: [Google]
poop.png
133KB, 1440x848px
>>62427971
>I'm so glad Flash is dead.
haha Flash will never die, unlike some who claimed it would ;3
>>
>>62427146
>reddit
>>
>>62428310
>windows user
>flash apologist
no surprises here
>>
>>62426549
just use hooktube
>>
>>62428310
Websites will finally stop using that bloated piece of shit and that's what matters, nobody cares about some manchildren clinging to bad technology because of nostalgia.
>>
neo-/g/ is a fucking weird place. /g/urus from days past have become so appalled with the shit state of this place that they've all left apparently
>>
>>62426549
Maybe like compile ffmpeg with h264 support & shit. This happened to me on firefox when i didn't have ffmpeg+h264
>>
>>62428334
I installed Flash on every GNU+Linux system I used as well. I even used foss solutions for flash content because I think it is a decent technology. I don't think it is bad because of how people use it. Shit, I even like Silverlight tech.

More options is always better, unless you are a Macfag that doesn't like thinking.
>>
>>62428419
Oldfag lurker here fucking this.

For a tech board there are so many backwards poorfaggots clinging to outdated shit it's sad.

So many windows xp-8 fags and stupid thots who come in and shit up the board.

Op jus tuse chrome or edge

YouTube is cancer anyway might as well have a browser to match
>>
>>62426549
>720 skips every 10 seconds, but I can stream entire movies with greater quality

I fucking hate HTML5 video player and youtube
>>
>>62426661
use palemoon
>>
>>62428886
>I've been here all summer
>outdated shit is sad
>>>/fa/
>>
>>62426549
>flash
o.O :(
>>
>>62428256
Why would anyone do this instead of just following links? Seems like an unnecessary extra step.

>>62428296
>good riddance
People who bitch about flash are shills for google because there's no GOOD reason to hate it except for possibly resource use - which CHROME is infinitely worse for anyway.

>>62428345
Eat shit, Norway.

>>62428393
HTML5 is bad technology. Nothing can fucking play it half the time, you stupid son of a bitch. And with google doing its damnedest to make every browser dysfunctional, it's important to be compatible with older versions of browsers.

>>62428886
>For a tech board there are so many backwards poorfaggots clinging to outdated shit it's sad.
Gee, I wonder why the fuck that could possibly be? I bet you just love Windows 10, huh?

>Errything new is better! Totally not more cancerous than previous versions of everything! Nope!

>Op jus tuse chrome
While I'm at it why don't I buy an iPhone and start eating my own shit?

>>62428839
>More options is always better, unless you are a Macfag that doesn't like thinking.
THIS THIS THIS. Everything new has less options and works shittier with no recourse to fix any problem.

>>62428930
What's the difference between it and FF?
>>
>>62428839
>using proprietary software
>>62429007
>advocating for proprietary software usage

>>>/g/
>>>/e/
>>>/t/
>>>/out/
>>
>>62426549
They removed flash play from any newer browsers that can use HTML5, go use IE9 or something that old if you want flash.
>>
>He doesn't use Hooktube

Make a simple redirect so any YouTube link opens straight to it.
>>
>>62429007
14xxx windows 10 was good but since creators it's gone to shit
>>
>>62426549
Didn't Firefox had an add-on for this shit?

https://addons.mozilla.org/es/firefox/addon/youtube-flash-html5/

https://addons.mozilla.org/es/firefox/addon/youtube-flash-player/

https://addons.mozilla.org/es/firefox/addon/youtube-flash-video-player/

There. Pick your poison.
>>
>>62429119
>windows 10 was good
Hahahah, no. It never was. It was shit from 1507 and is still shit as of 1703. If anything it has gotten worse by every update.
>>
How to choose the video resolution when streaming with yt-dl?
>>
>>62429007
>Why would anyone do this instead of just following links? Seems like an unnecessary extra step.
It's literally just 1 more click, are you too dumb to use anything other than your precious web2.0 bullshit?
>anti-flash people are google shills
This is quite a hilarious conspiracy theory you just made up, but let me remind you this: flash and chrome are both shit, because they don't respect the users freedom
>Everything new has less options and works shittier with no recourse to fix any problem.
There is literally a shitton of open source browsers that you can rice to your liking, stop being a retard.
>>
what the fuck is this thread

did someone pay you to post this shit?
"flash has more support than html5"?? what planet have you been living on?

also you realise it's steve jobs' fault that flash died after he wrote a blog post one time
pretty sure google just helped build the replacement

>flash is fine
no it's a buggy and insecure piece of shit
>>
>>62429161
yt-dl -h
>>
File: wtfug.jpg (10KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
wtfug.jpg
10KB, 211x246px
>force Youtube to load flash
>willingly using flash
>>
>>62427887
Quick revert to ie7
Flash always was a cancer since it's inception.
We tolerated flash on the 00 years because it done sometings that we needed but there isn't a legit excuse to use this pos
>>
File: pQo7e8E.jpg (43KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
pQo7e8E.jpg
43KB, 514x536px
>>62426549
>>
>>62429189
>what the fuck is this thread
/v/ is leaking here again, I mean look at >>62428310, the only reason somebody would still use that buggy adobe shit is same for using windows: muh games.
>>
>>62429138
Doesn't work anymore.
>>
>>62429495
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/open-with/
Use this, set it up to use mpv. There you go, you can now open any url with a proper native video player.
>>
>>62426549
>>62426661
You should seriously consider killing yourself for wanting to use fucking flash with an outdated version of a browser. Apparently your autism is more important than things like security.
You should also stop blaming Jewgle for using superior technology, it's Mozilla's fault that the new firefox is a shit and you have to resort to using older version.

>>62426562
Give me one good reason for not using a browser to watch videos.
>>
>>62429189
Apple is also fucking shit.

>insecure
What the fuck is this bullshit security meme? Did you get ebin haxxors into your mainframe because you watched a youtube video? What complete bullshit.

>>62429231
>Our minority retard voice should be dominant!
What the fuck do you think people use computers for? MOST people do not use them to code bullshit software nobody wants. They use them for browsing, playing games and work.

>>62429721
>HTML5
>Superior
>Doesn't work with older versions of FF
>Newer versions of FF are dysfunctional as fuck
>Google "wins"
Gee, I wonder why anyone would think Google is behind this?
>>
I prefer HTML5 instead of flash player.
>>
>>62429856
>flashfag thinks security is a meme
You can't make this shit up.
>What the fuck do you think people use computers for? MOST people do not use them to code bullshit software nobody wants. They use them for browsing, playing games and work.
Again, get the fuck out of /g/, why are you even here? If you want to be a normalfag then stop polluting this board.
>>Newer versions of FF are dysfunctional as fuck
FF57 is WAY better then it was the past 5 years, you are starting to sound like a google shill yourself.

Get back to /v/ you retarded manchild.
>>
>>62429721
because you should use a video player for watching videos, how is this even a question?
>>
>>62429989
>non-answer
That is just about what I expected. Computers are meant to make our lives more convenient, autistically using an external player does just the opposite of that.
>>
>>62430055
yeah, lets have one "app" for doing everything, that will make our lives much easier, am i right pajeet
>>
Autistic children often display inappropriate attachment to objects or habits they were exposed to in early childhood. Said attachments are often debilitating in regular daily life. The autistic child is usually unable to properly rationalise the attachment and will react extremely adversely to being separated from its object from attachment or even just the notion of being separated. Doctors routinely suggest post-natal abortion as an effective cure.
>>
>>62429954
>You can't make this shit up.
What are you worried about? If you have anything personal online, you're an idiot.

>Again, get the fuck out of /g/, why are you even here? If you want to be a normalfag then stop polluting this board.
You mean the majority of the species? Fuck you linux autists. Burn in hell. All of you. I was sort of interested in Linux at one time, but holy shit after seeing its users there's no way in hell.

>Um, excuse me sweetie, computers are not for the internet and games
Fuck you. Go back to hell where you belong.

>>62430104
You mean like it's been for decades? Youtube was fine before google.

>>62430140
Like Linux.
>>
File: 14341998138341.jpg (54KB, 536x582px) Image search: [Google]
14341998138341.jpg
54KB, 536x582px
>>62430196
You need to go back to your containment board, manbaby.
>>>/v/
>>
>>62430229
Wow. Are linuxwhores really THIS fucking cancerous that they think computers aren't for playing games? What, exactly, do you morons think computers are for? This is like someone complaining that someone isn't allowed to go shopping in clothes. Clothes are just for home use!
>>
>>62430229
>muh /v/
Go back to r*ddit
>>
>>62426661
>old ff
How old? Even 34 works fine except for streams.
Anyway, use waterfox or palemoon, and don't forget to backup your profile.
>>
>>62430273
>vidyafaggot can't comprehend that there are other uses for computers besides "muh games"
pottery
>>
>>62426549
>He doesn't have a keybind to automatically play urls in the clipboard in mpv.
>>
>>62430273
You can play games just fine on Gnu/Linux. What are you even talking about?
>>
File: drb_1x.png (105KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
drb_1x.png
105KB, 400x300px
>>62430315
I'm using 43.

>Anyway, use waterfox or palemoon, and don't forget to backup your profile.
Oh lord. The internet just keeps getting less and less convenient to use.

>>62430384
Try again, moron. I, unlike you linux shell-dwellers, understand that computers are intended to be used for a wide range of applications. One wonders what you retards even DO with your computers. We know you shitpost on 4chan.

Could it be...might it just be that Linux users are LESS computer-literate than other users? That you hate what you don't understand?

I think I found our problem.
>>
>>62430439
>I'm using 43.
Why can't you update your browser? Are you a literal retard?
>>
>>62430497
Most of my non-negotiable add-ons won't work because of FF dev meddling in later versions
>>
>>62430439
That's rich, you are accusing others for computer-illiteracy while you yourself are practicing literal ludditism, (assuming you're OP) you are irrationally clinging to deprecated software that is objectively bad and cannot adjust to use new, improved technology.
>The internet just keeps getting less and less convenient to use
The internet is more accessible than ever for normalfags, were you under a rock in this past time? The internet is infested with them. Power-users need not to be mentioned, since they always find a way to have a comfy workflow.

Seems like you are neither a normalfag, nor a power-user. You are just a retard that is mad now that his early 2000s niche of retardation has been deprecated in favor for more gullible normalfags. Either educate yourself or rot.

btw you deserve this for using proprietary software
>>
>>62430573
>practicing literal ludditism
Because devs make every new version of any software shittier than previous versions...wait a second! Holy shit, I understand the linux autism now! Devs hate software!
>>
>>62430573
>The internet is more accessible than ever for normalfags
>Net Neutrality is ending
>Torrents are dead
>Everything is proprietary on every website with 50 thousand different web players
>Every news site is so cancerous you have to shut off its bullshit
>Google is becoming a rampant cancer
>Google broke Youtube multiple times in multiple ways
>Eceleb cancer
>A sizeable chunk of academic work is behind paywalls
>Every new version of any software breaks functionality and removes options
Linux fags outed as internet-illiterate.
>>
>Linuxfags can't do internet
>Linuxfags can't do games
Can someone tell me what the hell Linuxfags even do with computers? Serious question.
>>
File: vargstop.png (112KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
vargstop.png
112KB, 208x206px
>>62430656
>Net Neutrality is ending
[citation needed]
>Torrents are dead
no
>Everything is proprietary on every website with 50 thousand different web players
stop using web players and block js
>Every news site is so cancerous you have to shut off its bullshit
every website is cancerous, there are no websites which don't have to be customized client-side, you can thank gullible normalfags for collectivelly accepting this
>Google is becoming a rampant cancer
stop using google
>Google broke Youtube multiple times in multiple ways
stop using their website to access youtube videos
>Eceleb cancer
just don't follow them you nigger
>A sizeable chunk of academic work is behind paywalls
what is LibGen
>Every new version of any software breaks functionality and removes options
stop using proprietary software you mongoloid
>>
>>62429872
the performance is much worse for 1080p@60fps, HTML5 was a downgrade
>>
>>62430611
Not every software is like windows or flash, but it's understandable you've got that impression by using only closed-source pajeetware.
>>
>>62430861
>Not every software is like windows or flash
The vast majority of them are. And this is a problem that goes back into the mid-2000s at least.
>>
>>62430565
stop using shitty addons
>>62430887
stop using non-free software
>>
>>62430909
They're good add-ons, dumbass and it all is free, retard.
>>
File: 1496899962337.png (10KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1496899962337.png
10KB, 128x128px
>>62430957
>good add-ons
>don't work in newer versions of firefox
>>
>>62431007
No, dumbdumb. New versions of FF are not good. The add-ons were great, back when FF worked.
>>
>>62426549
kys
>>
>>62431023
>New versions of FF are not good
The nightly versions have a huge performance jump compared to the other versions in the last couple of years. They achieved it by cutting out unnecessary bloat that enabled shitty addons. If the addons you are talking about were in that list too, then those addons can be most likely replaced by fast, standalone programs that can do much better then some shitty deprecated addon. This is one of the reasons you shouldn't rely on one program to do all the things you need. If you really need those addons then just use one of the many firefox forks, like palemoon.
>>
>>62431143
>unnecessary bloat
What the hell is wrong with programmers? What is their ideal software? A program which does nothing but looks good to them codewise? Those add-ons were there for a reason, numbnuts.

>hey achieved it by cutting out unnecessary bloat that enabled shitty addons. If the addons you are talking about were in that list too
You obviously don't know what the fuck you're talking about. FF pulled some "we have to authorize everything" unnecessary bullshit and it broke the browser.

>This is one of the reasons you shouldn't rely on one program to do all the things you need
I shouldn't rely on just a browser to browse? We're hitting retard levels that shouldn't even be possible. What open source software do I install that authorizes each individual mouse click (to make sure someone else isn't taking over my computer ooooo scaaaary!)?
>>
>>62431186
>You obviously don't know what the fuck you're talking about. FF pulled some "we have to authorize everything" unnecessary bullshit and it broke the browser.
I see you're out of the loop. That was just a safety measure made by Mozilla to make sure the normies don't fuck up by installing malware, if you are not afraid to use about:config you can install unsigned addons just fine:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/add-on-signing-in-firefox
That was back then, but now Mozilla decided to implement the WebExtension API from chrome and scrap completely all XUL addons that won't get rewritten to use webextensions. Right now the old addons are labeled as "legacy" and once 57 hits stable all legacy addons will be unusable.
https://www.ghacks.net/2016/11/24/firefox-will-only-support-web-extensions-by-the-end-of-2017/
Actually usefull addons are getting rewritten for this new addons system, it's just the useless trash that is getting dropped. Thanks to that firefox will get a big performance boost.
>I shouldn't rely on just a browser to browse?
You can browser the web on firefox without addons just fine you retard.
>>
>>62429549
>gazillion open with (particular program)
>no open with your desired program
What the fuck? The webextensions clearly allow you to open a link with an external program, why is there still no fucking replacement?
>>
>>62431505
what? you can do that with this extension
>>
>>62431505
They are working on a webextension version, if that's what you're asking about. They have a working beta version:
https://github.com/darktrojan/openwith/issues/132
>>
>>62431574
Right now it still works, but Mozilla is planning to break non-webext add-ons.
>>62431646
Cool.
>>
File: sad 45.jpg (135KB, 736x550px) Image search: [Google]
sad 45.jpg
135KB, 736x550px
>>62429549
>doesn't work with mpc
>>
File: 1487624934489.gif (344KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1487624934489.gif
344KB, 256x192px
>>62426573
You somehow have to get url of video, no?
If one opens browser, goes to youtube, finds video to watch, but instead to watch it right now in browser, copies url, downloads and then watches it...
What the actual fuck..?

Reminds me of people who types "google" in browser search field to open google.
>>
>>62431754
or you can just right click and press "open with <your video player>" using this >>62429549
>>
>>62430196
I don't even use linux you twat (excepts servers though). I just use what works, instead of being overly attached to a 2006 userchrome.css and a technology that was literally so bad that the entire sector, including the company that owned it, got together to kill it.
>>
>>62431823
I know that, just pointing out how stupid it is to do what I wrote.
>>
>>62426549

Do you want your CPU to spike during 480i video playback ?
>>
>>62427146

>Reddit enhancer.

>Using reddit so much that you need to load your own CSS and shortcuts.

Kys at first chance
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.