[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cooler for i5-2500k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Cryorig-H7.jpg (206KB, 1728x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Cryorig-H7.jpg
206KB, 1728x1296px
I want to overclock my old 2500k, which cooler do you suggest, /g/?

I have checked the following:
>Cryorig H7
>Hyper 212 evo
>Scythe Mugen 4

What would you buy? Other coolers are welcome.
>>
File: dad-beating-the-fuck-out-of-mum.jpg (31KB, 480x445px) Image search: [Google]
dad-beating-the-fuck-out-of-mum.jpg
31KB, 480x445px
>>62423283
If you wanna overclock and stuff I'd honestly get a water cooled rig. Best part is most of the tubes and shit can still be reused when you upgrade to a new boar size/socket. Or if you can't afford it, then i'd just buy the cooler in the pic because I've had positive experiences with that exact same cooler with an arctic silver 5 compound. Pic for attention since yall only respond to posts with pics.
>>
>>62423301
>Pic for attention since yall only respond to posts with pics.
I don't, I read the whole thread, but, wahtever.

I had a Scythe Ninja on a Q6600 which has replaced by a X5460, and i had a good expirience, that's why I am considering the Mugen.

Also, a watercooling on this rig nowadays, I think it's unnecesary, but I will probably build one on my next PC. I think the watercooling kits like H50 are shit, am I wrong?

Thanks for your reply
>>
>>62423283
I'd suggest not running that fine CPU out of it's specifications. You'll risk damage to the CPU.
>>
>>62423283

H7
>>
>>62423283
go with Cryorig H7
>>
>>62423283
>2017
>he's not cooling is i5 with a Daeus 9T Revolution
>>
What's the different between H7 and H5.

H5 has a 140mm fan and is heavier, is it better?
>>
>>62423283
Hyper 212 with 140mm fan ftw. Cool and quiet.
>>
>>62423283
I'm using the hyper212 evo with my [email protected]
It werks
>>
>>62423836
Can it run under 1000rpm full load?
>>
I'm happy with my macho rev b. It's silent as can be and keeps the CPU (4790k) ice cold.
>>
>>62424019
Always sits between 850 and 925. Never hear it. Big Fractal Define R3 case though.
>>
>>62423283
A 212 EVO cools my 2500k @ 4.5GHz easily. Great cooler, I recommend it.
>>
>>62423283
Noctua NH-U12P SE2
>>
>>62423283
if youre in the us, hyper 212x is $20 right now and will keep it cool up to about 1.35v or higher
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.