[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>abandoning IPS for AMOLED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: apple-iphone-x-5.jpg (56KB, 491x650px) Image search: [Google]
apple-iphone-x-5.jpg
56KB, 491x650px
Enjoy your pixel burnouts and yellow whites.
>>
like every other device that uses OLED in the past like 10 years, apple mentioned using pixel shifting to avoid burn-in effects. also doesn't iOS truetone nonsense basically warm the screen all the time anyway?

if you don't like it, don't buy it.
>>
>>62422223
Except if you watched the confrence, youd see that it described an OLED panel that is actually accurate. The main reason they never used it was because the colors were always way off. More importantly though you'd be an idiot to have IPS on a all screen phone. Since the aspect ratio isnt 16:9 watching videos will leave black bars and since ips will never have true blacks the letterboxing will be painfully obvious. OLED dims the pixels fully so it just makes the black areas look like a normal bezel.
>>
>>62422223
>Enjoy your pixel burnouts and yellow whites.
That's exactly what happened to my LG G4 and supposedly had an IPS display so STFU, never had such problem in any of my Galaxy phones.
>>
>>62422223
>being so retarded you buy a 1k phone just because it has a screen
>>
>>62422727
people have been saying pentile. not sure if its true though.
>>
>>62422223
I've had my galaxy note II since november 2012 and the burn in only became kinda noticeable two years ago if you focus on the top notification bar because it used to be black all the time. It's not really burn in, more like the pixels there didn't age as fast as the rest so there's a slight difference in color. That's about it.

If you don't keep the exact same wallpaper/the exact same icon organization and widgets for years i don't see how you could get burn in.
>>
Is it just me or is this phone ugly? The edges are too thick, not aesthetic at all.
>>
>>62422223
As an owner of a '12 Galaxy S3 I have no idea what you are talking about.

I also celebrate Apple finally implementing Qi and face recognition. The new iPhone almost equals my 5 year old smartphone at only twice the price.
>>
People like to mock Apple for being "late" to things, but waiting til they can do things properly (such as amoled without pixel burnouts and yellow whites) is exactly why. Enjoy your beta test phones and rushed features on the other side.
>>
>>62424564
I've had an S5 for years and never had a single pixel burnout. I don't know where are you getting those ideas.
>>
>>62423211
It's very ugly, looks like a Motorola shitphone.
>>
>>62422223
it has half the brightness of note 8, burning is probably not the issue
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.