[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I lost, /g/? I disabled all of Windows 10's spying shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: classic.png (13KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
classic.png
13KB, 1920x1080px
Am I lost, /g/?
I disabled all of Windows 10's spying shit (As much as I'm aware of, anyway) on my desktop the day it came out. Apparently, disabling Cortana was easier back then, because I haven't figured out how to disable her on my new Thinkpad. Anyway, I've been wrestling with drivers on this thing, and I didn't get around to uninstalling Cortana yet. Still using Edge, I clicked on an article on the MSN homepage about the new Nintendo Direct, read a bit, and got a bouncy ball telling me that Cortana gathered more information about the subject. Curious, I clicked, and there it was. A list of five separate articles about the direct. Was it comprehensive? No, there are likely hundreds more from better outlets that Cortana didn't collect. However, I was a little stuck by this. Can you imagine what this tech would look like in a decade? How much it could improve? The personal assistant in that Apple of the Future video might one day become a reality.
I- I think I might let her live, /g/.
>>
When I got the latptop I'm on now, and first started the whole booting process letting W10 do it's thing it asked me if I wanted to enable Cortana and all that snazzy "let me steal your shit"ware. Keep her, let her get naked for you like she did for Master Chief.
>>
>>62421981
you cannot fully disable the botnet on windows 10 for fuck sake and some updates might break your configs unless you use the LSTB version, but even with that you still have the botnet, if you don't care about privacy then just configure the updates properly (on time micropenis will fuck up your system anyway)
>>
>>62421981
Go into your settings, that whole privacy section, scroll down to the Speech,Inking, & typing and turn that shit off. I think Cortana is integrated to edge as well.
>>
>>62422017
>some updates might break your configs
I'm pretty sure you're thinking of linux
>>
>>62421981
I'd install Windows 10 in a separated virtual machine withoit access to the Internet if I would need it.
>>
>>62422027
Times changed, microsoft fucked up bad that makes Linux look better
>>
>>62422025
That's ironically the one thing I left on.
I installed Spybot and immunized, but inking is the one thing I want this computer to spy the fuck on me with. I don't use my mic for anything, and I guess my typing habits can be tracked in Edge, but I have Chrome anyway. Inking, that's where it's at. I fucking love OneNote's UWP app. Makes notetaking and doodling actually fun if your computer has a good pen digitizer.
>>
Ignore the settings and go straight to group policies.
>>
You CAN remove the windows botnet, it's just that these autists want you to think there's no hope and that linux is the only way. There is ALWAYS a way if you're persistent.
>>
Install gentoo.
Install void.

Pick one.
>>
>>62422804
Not for windows 10 anon... Its baked into the OS. Even editing the hosts file doesn't stop it from calling home. On all versions too.

The only hope left is 8.1 or linux. 7 is too old now for anything new or useful.
>>
>>62422878
>7 is too old
What????
Im still on 7. It works just like new, and all the programs and games I play support it just fine. 7 isnt dead and wont be for a while.
>>
>>62421981
Nice wp
>>
>>62421981
>I disabled all of Windows 10's spying shit
my sides
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.