[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys what is the best twm in your opinion? I am using i3, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: i3.jpg (22KB, 770x578px) Image search: [Google]
i3.jpg
22KB, 770x578px
Guys what is the best twm in your opinion? I am using i3, but am trying awsome now
>>
>>62418772
poopie
>>
I've used both i3 and awesome. I like i3 more, but I think thats because I tested awesome and didn't really get the point. But now that I do more work involving multiple windows I tried i3 and it works really well. Maybe I'll go back and try awesome again
>>
>>62418851
Like i just opened the awesome config file and wtf is this lua shit? I guess I should try it a bit more but I don't see what it an do that i3 cannot
>>
File: Xmbindings.png (271KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Xmbindings.png
271KB, 1280x800px
>>62418772
xmonad w/ dmenu & xmobar + Terminus. Terminus everywhere.
>>
I use i3. I love the configuration file, takes half an hour to completely set up, syntax is easy as fuck to learn. Although, I'm not a fan of the jkl; keybinds, the first thing I didn't was move them over to the correct keys
>>
>>62418884
Yeah that my point. Man the awesome config file is not easy to read and do I have to learn lua for that?
>>
>>62418884
I did this too. Moved the horizonal resize to mod+o and I couldn't be happier
>>62418875
Hm, no idea, but it's probably easier to customize whatever you'd need when you know lua. But I'm mostly content with i3 as it is default
>>
>>62418881
What is the difference between this and i3?
>>
>>62418903
Yeah, that's what put me off awesome.
I do like the idea of having multiple windows layouts at the click of a button, but I'm not sure how much I would use it. I only ever really have 3-4 windows open anyway, two or three terminals and a browser.
>>
>>62418881
Haskell wth is that
>>
>>62418913
I set mod+shift+(yuio) to resize the windows by 10 pixels. I highly recommend doing that if you are a keyboard nut, it is so much easier than a mouse.
>>
>>62418931
I read somewhere that it used tags and not workspaces like i3 and that was what led me to try it.
>>
>>62418967
Nice, I'll have to give that a shot after work. Thanks anon
>>
I found this

http://www.qtile.org/

Written in python I will definitely try this
>>
>>62418973
How do tags differ from workspaces? And why is it any better?

>>62418981
No problem anon
>>
>>62419006
I don't know. I went in, opened the config file, and went out.

Goig to try http://www.qtile.org/ now
>>
StumpWM
>>
>>62419030
I'll have to try qtile out some time.
>>
>>62419258
I only like it because it is written in a language that I am familiar .
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.