[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since the new iphone unlocks via facial recognition, couldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8455.jpg (26KB, 375x226px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8455.jpg
26KB, 375x226px
Since the new iphone unlocks via facial recognition, couldn't you just hold the phone up to someone's face while they're sleeping? And when the fbi had that whole fiasco with suing apple over not bypassing the terrorists phone password, couldn't officials just hold the phone up to their face now to get into people's phones?
>>
>>62417232
fuck off back to plebbit, brian. you're a moron.
>>
Yep
>>
>>62417232
Couldn't they just put someone's finger (living or dead) on the TouchID sensor and unlock the phone?
>>
Give it back Teereesa
>>
>>62417265
I can't defend Apple's shitty choices so I result to calling OP names : the post
>>
>>62417232
Its a matter of time before we have iRis, an iris scanning identifer. Made popular in minority report.
>>
>>62417232
>he thinks faceid will literally be the only way to unlock the phone
Jesus Christ dude
>>
>>62417232
>Friend gets iPhone X
>Take friend out
>Take selfies with friend
>Crop selfie to just friend's face
>Enjoy pissing off friend by unlocking his phone with yours
>>
>>62417303
i think that's a thing already with some phones, but it was able to trick with photographs
>>
>>62417321
Needs to be a 3D model. Won't work with pictures. They even used hollywood effects maker's masks to try and trip it up.
>>
your eyes have to be open and you can have aware option on so they have to face right at it

>>62417321
It does not work with photos, it's a 3D scan you have to tilt and roll your head around for the setup for the scan
>>
>people willingly giving biometric data
>people on /g/ have NORMALIZED giving fingerprint data to a faceless corporation that will gladly hand over to the government (unless it gives them bad press)

What FUCKING world am I living in?
>>
>>62417232
It requires attention, so it'll actually see if you're looking at the phone before unlocking.

They also supposedly worked hard to make sure it didn't get tricked by pictures.
>>
>>62417232
Apparently a bunch of courts have made protections for people that make it so they can't just force you to unlock your phone.

Also, you can just keep your eyes closed, and then it won't unlock.
>>
>>62417348
all the data is local

fingerprints were on a part of the cpu

now with facial they have its own section again

Apple does everything local, even the photos app which copied google photos on recognizing faces etc for searches is done all locally
>>
>>62417350
How about a video?
>>
>it doesn't work on photos
>your eyes have to face it directly if you turn that option on or off (not sure on default)
>it was tested on facial masks made by special effect studios
>it's a 3d scan so it works when u get a beard/haircut

and because it's a 3d scan it works at an angle so you don't have to hold it right up
>>
>>62417232
>hold the phone up to someone's face while they're sleeping
No, it detects attention (eyes need to be open and looking at camera)
>hold the phone up to their face now to get into people's phones
Yes, this would work.
>>
dont buy if you are asian
>>
>>62417344
>It does not work with photos, it's a 3D scan you have to tilt and roll your head around for the setup for the scan

So what if you have a short video on your phone of your friend tilting and rolling his head?
>>
>>62417446
what part don't you get of 3d scan?
>Face ID is also sensitive enough to tell the difference between you and someone who is wearing a mask of your face. Apple trained Face ID with hyperrealistic masks created by Hollywood studios, ensuring a mask of a person wouldn't be able to fool the Face ID system.
>>
How does FaceID or whatever it's called differ from the Samsung Note 8 software?
>>
>>62417343
There is a way. Always.

Also I don't want apple (CIA) having a complete and thorough map of my face.
>>
>>62417499
i have an S8 and it's pretty shit.

It basically just takes a photo, you look at the camera for < half a second and it's all done

constantly tilting at an angle to get to work unless perfect lighting .

fingerprint works fine but awkward spot
>>
>>62417488
>what part don't you get of 3d scan?

A true 3D scan requires multiple sensors to create a model. A single forward-facing camera is still only receiving visual info from one direction.

Unless the iPhone X employs more sensors, the entire 3D scan is software based, correct?

In that case, it's just a matter of time and experimentation to fool the software, and Youtube hacks will follow.

Though I am intrigued by what methods WERE employed to avoid false positives, such as with a mask.
>>
File: iphone-x-chin-sensors.jpg (56KB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
iphone-x-chin-sensors.jpg
56KB, 700x392px
>>62417890
>A true 3D scan requires multiple sensors to create a model.

wow it's like they have 3 of them...

do you stupid cunts even look at any info before bashing shit

The dot projector puts 30000 reference dots on your face
>>
>>62417488
also isn't the infrared sensor there for a reason? you have to emit infrared radiations too (you have to be a living creature, not a video)
>>
>>62417393
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/12/watch-apple-iphone-x-face-unlock-demo-fail.html

Watch past the initial (and only) demo fail.
>>
you could probably defeat it with a bust and a picture
>>
>>62417929
Archive link
http://archive.fo/2017.09.14-005156/https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/12/watch-apple-iphone-x-face-unlock-demo-fail.html
>>
>>62417365
tfw the cops force your eye open and the phone take that as consent and unlock your phone for you
apple will be on damage control and eventually pull it from subsequent releases and those who has the iphone x will be able to high ball that shit for the rest of history
>>
>>62418030
>3D and infrared model of your face looking at a phone is indistinguishable from a 3D and infrared model of someone's hands forcing your eyes open
really made me think lad
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.