[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

iFixit teardown of Essential phone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: hOTYtMRJwFnuTOKh.huge.jpg (370KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hOTYtMRJwFnuTOKh.huge.jpg
370KB, 1600x1200px
>everything glued together
>even a heat gun won't separate the glue
>had to use industrial freezer to separate the case
>almost everything inside glued
>everything else soldered together
>you can't replace any component, you have to throw away the whole phone
>repairability score of 1 instead of 0 because at least internal screws are Philips, not some propriety shape

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Essential+Phone+Teardown/96764

Why does this keep happening?
>>
>>62417005
it's a disposable phone... like most android phones are.
>>
>>62417005
>Why does this keep happening?
they don't want repair shops to fix it, they want to charge people at the apple stores for replacing the whole phone
>>
>>62417045
Only nokia 3300 indisposible
>>
>>62417005
The Essential Phone will NEVER need to be repaired.

It's made of ceramic, titanium, liberal tears and unicorn farts, and is completely indestructible.

It will never never ever never ever need to be repaired.
>>
>>62417269
This, it's the Essential phone after all.
>>
File: 1504647840327.jpg (31KB, 699x485px) Image search: [Google]
1504647840327.jpg
31KB, 699x485px
>>62417005
you expect a phone that is advertised as essential and inexpensive to be sustainable and workable?
>>
>>62417005
It happens because consumers buy this shit.
There are alternatives but they keep buying from companies that give them the dick from behind.
I think they like it that way.
>>
I would forgive it if it had a headphone jack and was at least somewhat waterproof.

Instead its a dud with zero redeeming features aside from being nice to look at.
>>
>>62417005
Fucking get good then, Fix some iphones. this shit is modular. Camera, battery, touch button, screen etc. And even the shit like touch IC's can be taken off and replaced with a bit or heat and microsolder experience. Get some tools and learn how to work with real hardware- This is why you faggots have no money seriously if half of the chinks can do it why cant you?
>>
>>62417736
no (yous) thought so you fucking shitskins
>>
>you can't replace any component, you have to throw away the whole phone
Since when is this not the norm?
>>
>>62417005
>Oh no, a shiny new smartphone is purposely designed to not be fucked around with internally, because luddites like to think you can upgrade everything like an ATX motherboard.
>>
>>62417005
is she our girl a star wars fan like us?
>>
>implying anyone buys a phone based on their repairability rating
>implying anyone cares it's glued down
>implying i want a phone 5x thicker so there can be multiple layers and clips and sockets for everything
>implying some repair place is even going to source some IC or SMD component and re solder it for me
>>
>>62417825
Galaxy S4.
>>
>>62417856
>need to freeze the phone with liquid nitrogen to replace the screen

great design thanks
>>
>>62417913
Stop dropping your phone and putting it in your ass pocket, Stephanie.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.