[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ASrock intentionally made linux incompatible with their x370 boards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (67KB, 1493x551px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
67KB, 1493x551px
ASrock's P2.40 bios update literally broke linux, no way to install wont even boot a livecd, they offer no support as well as they said they'll be doing more tests but 2 weeks later no update or anything.
What do i do /g/
>>
thats really crazy. what changed to where it cant install linux?
>>
>>62413476
Update to any of the 5-7 updates after?
>>
>that autistic followup message
You need to learn how to complain to companies.
>>
>>62413499
Sometimes grub will just plainly fail to boot but most of the times when booting the kernel gets into a kernel panic due to amd-v, and disabling that or setting it to soft will basically render linux useless on 64bit machines and also they use proprietary sound drivers so sound broke and the sound card literally doesnt get detected by linux but only windows, tried as many distros as i could find the only thing i partially got working was a systemd-less fork of debian but it would detect my card as a virtualbox vga and the resolution would be stuck at 1024x768, and then the video card's clocks memory and gpu would get stuck at 300mhz so video games were unplayable, and they litterally stopped responding to my emails.
>>
>>62413530
yeah i dont fucking know, help
>>
>buying asscock
>>
>linux
found your problem
>>
>>62413476
Works for me. What the hell are you doing? I DO KNOW that older kernels won't work. But that's not the boards fault.
>>
File: just_werks.png (47KB, 762x73px) Image search: [Google]
just_werks.png
47KB, 762x73px
>>62413476
>>
>>62413775
mhm might try ubuntu 16.04 xenial
>>
>>62413476
You must be 18 to post on 4chan.
>>
>>62413932
Also note the bios version I'm using.
>v: 3.10
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.