[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Node.js and sql server stack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: sql-vs-nosql-2-e1455797740330.jpg (49KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
sql-vs-nosql-2-e1455797740330.jpg
49KB, 700x394px
I can't find a node.js and SQL stack anywhere. In the past, I've done the standard LAMP stack but I hate php and I need to write a decently complex backend and I don't feel like doing that in PHP

Not a big fan on mongoDB or else I'd go with a MEAN stack

Suggestions? I really don't want to buy a vps and configure a bunch of shit with cost-per-minute computation and data caps and hardware limits

I'd rather have some shitty shared server that I don't have to worry about because I'm trying to make a project or two for resumes and small projects
>>
>>62399280
Just configure your node.js application to use a MySQL database, or is there something I'm missing?

https://www.w3schools.com/nodejs/nodejs_mysql.asp
>>
>>62399420
I'm trying to get one that's hosted for me, and all these hosting companies won't let me put node.js on it for some shit reason. They have it locked down with cpanel and shit like that
>>
>>62399280
I don't deal with node myself but this might be something you can use:

https://node-postgres.com/
>>
>>62399433
There's always Ruby or Python or any other language which can be substituted for PHP in LAMP
>>
>>62399487
True, but I hear python is slow and I don't really know ruby too well. I'm doing an angular 2 app anyways so I'd just prefer node.js
>>
>>62399280
azure
>>
>>62399433

Host it on your own machine, dumbass.
>>
>>62399510
Python is more than fast enough for whatever web shit you're doing, it's on par with PHP and generally faster than Ruby

Don't fall for the memes, unless you're doing real-time computations it doesn't matter
>>
>>62399538
I'm on a comcast apartment connection, and I don't have spare machines laying around. My IP address changes all the fucking time and it pisses me off

>>62399546
I'll check it out. I have a Python scraping script for another project I did and it recently got hosed because the stopped supporting whatever I was using to scrape
>>
>>62399280
roses are red
violets are blue
ovh vps is $3.5
node is a meme
>>
>>62399612
>node is a meme
yea I agree but my company is switching a ton of shit over to node and I told them not to but they told me "Eh lets try it out" so I have to learn it anyways
>>
>>62399706
What the fuck. That sounds like a terrible business strategy
>>
>>62399706
>my company is switching a ton of shit over to node and I told them not to but they told me "Eh lets try it out"
seems like a fun company
>>
>>62399529

Found the corporate shill
>>
Thats because JS is shit, and node is double-shit. You have to use it in the browser, because you have no other choice. Why inflict that chastity cage on your server.

>muh speed
elixir, go, java, and crystal are faster
>muh isomorphic
not an argument, the browser and server are radically different runtimes
>muh largest software package repo in the world
how many of those are things like "left-pad"

The reason why you're not seeing any SQL+Node systems is because node is written by morons for morons and product managers, but i repeat myself
>>
>>62399546
Python was faster than ruby 7-8 years ago. But the tables have turned and modern ruby is faster than python 2 or 3
>>
>>62399585

Use no-ip.
>>
File: sql-vs-mongodb.jpg (130KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
sql-vs-mongodb.jpg
130KB, 728x546px
>>62399280

There are many good stacks.

Rails, Django, Go, Elixir, Java..
Pick your poison.
>>
>>62399585
then buy a vps on digital ocean or something similar
>>
>>62400656
use node, dont use node...

This is why i hate /g/
>>
>>62399433
Heroku hosting can give you node.js support. It is where all the JS hipsters go to.
>>
>>62406809
it aint free
>>
There is absolutely no reason to use a non relational DB over a relational one.
>>
We use Sequelize, basically in place of Mongo, giving us the SEAN stack. Pretty easy to use/setup.
>>
>>62406774

Whoa, there are people with differnt opinions.. wtf?
>>
>>62400669
Python 4 beats modern Ruby
>>
>>62400669
Don't fall for the ruby meme. It's a dead end. Most ruby cunts go for Elixir.
>>
>>62410745
speaking of python 4, it's gonna be so fun: https://astrofrog.github.io/blog/2016/01/12/stop-writing-python-4-incompatible-code/
>>
>>62406774
anyone telling you to use node is retarded
>>
>>62410745
the only python you like is your wife's boyfriend's python
>>
>>62411518
Ruby is more fun to write, but for anything where performance is needed, elixir is better.

Crystal is great too, ruby + compilation
>>
>>62412009
Using node is a great idea... You can let the web developers use javascript and not worry about them learning a new language. From a business perspective, it makes a lot of sense.

Your "muh 0.001% extra efficiency for my x100 times extra work" don't work from a business perspective.
>>
You guys are literal tards if you can't figure out a Node + SQL stack. It really makes me wonder if you all know what you are talking about.
>>
>>62406774
>use node, dont use node...
>This is why i hate /g/

>>62410005
>Whoa, there are people with differnt opinions.. wtf?

>>62412009
>anyone telling you to use node is retarded

kek
>>
>>62412106
You deserve the pain of using node then
>>
>>62412238
It's not a pain and I am not the one developing on it. But I HAVE developed on it and it works great.
>>
>>62399420
... literally just use SQL

>>62399433
host it on a VPS, AWS, etc, this isn't hard
>>
>>62412340
>im not using it every day
>but it works great
fuck you, i can smell the PM on you from here
>>
>>62415305
>the PM
The prime minister? Performance Monitoring? Performance Meeting? Periodic Maintenance? Performance Margin? Prototype Model? Personnel Manager? Paper Mario? Participating Member? Payload Module? Performance Management? Procurement Manager? Product Manager? Production Model? Project Manager? Princess Mononoke? Policy Manual?
>>
File: 1500960859189.jpg (18KB, 415x454px) Image search: [Google]
1500960859189.jpg
18KB, 415x454px
>>62405114
Jesus christ, I never realized just how disgusting mongoDB's syntax is. It is twice as long and wide than the cleaner SQL syntax.
>>
>>62400656
>how many of those are things like "left-pad"
You realise left-pad handles all use cases and isn't something that shouldn't need to be re-implemented every time someone wants to do that.

NPM is the perfect solution to code reuse. If you don't get it you aren't a real programmer.
>>
>>62416594
It should be in the fucking standard library of the language, not some retard shit an aspie can pull because someone called him a nigger
>>
>>62416722
>It should be in the fucking standard library of the language
nope

> not some retard shit an aspie can pull because someone called him a nigger
Are you high on dumb shit?
>>
>>62416762
>nodefags are always this retarded
>>
>>62399280

You really need someone to wrap the whole stack together for you? You should know how to configure the pieces.
>>
>>62416795
>anti-nodefags are always this retarded
>>
>>62416970
>use 10,000 libraries
>don't wrap common things, like STRING manipulation into a library
>its a good design, my app academy instructor said so!
>>
>>62417002
Modularity is good design. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>62417329
>modularity is a good thing
>he said as he probably uses underscore/lodash
>>
>>62399280
Why don't you just fuckin use it then?

https://www.npmjs.com/package/mysql
https://www.npmjs.com/package/pg
>>
>>62417587
>has to project and make things up
I agree, those packages should be modularized. Luckily there are modular choices ready or being developed.

Are you this retarded all the time or just with npm?
>>
>>62399280
just die writing php you lazy fuck
>>
>>62399433
Dude, use a2hosting, I'm currently using it for a loopback api (on nodejs) connected to a MySQL data base. Shits awesome, plus they have all servers on ssd.
>>
File: hammertime_2.jpg (80KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
hammertime_2.jpg
80KB, 800x600px
>>62399280

Hi OP,

I'm using Java. I can use basically any relational database ever made. I can embed H2 directly in my application, because it is also written in Java. I have better NoSQL databases too. Like Cassandra, written in Java. Or OrientDB, written in Java. Or Hadoop, or Spark, all written in Java.

Maybe, at this point, you are questioning your decision to use a single threaded browser language to build a data driven back end. You probably should think about that for a while. Do you wonder why you're choosing the most impotent language possible for back end development?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.