[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think will the next big Windows OS be like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

What do you think will the next big Windows OS be like?
>>
>>62395023
Windows 10s. Windows shills will then lose all control of their computers and becomes brainless.
>>
File: windows 11.jpg (23KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
windows 11.jpg
23KB, 400x265px
>>62395023
>>
>>62395023
It'll be called 10.1 or something, will bring ReFS to normal Windows users similar to how APFS is replacing HFS+ this fall with High Sierra.
>>
>>62395023
>Anime
Whichever has the most eroges.

I personally want minimalist Windows X Ubuntu hybrid. And I don't mean Metro UI.
>>
systemd
>>
>>62395123
honestly I can't wait until the shitstain that is NTFS dies and M$ moves to a better filesystem
>>
Wishlist for nexy desktop OS:

A version for professionals who dont need MS to spy on them just te get the info they need to perform the fixes. Aka no support.

A unified UI / DE where the priority is consistency, screen space management and low resource at idle.

Unified font rendering

Tools, simple useful tools, get them right, im talking about pdf reader, music player, virtual desktop, screen capture, screenshots, disk manager, etc.

Backwards compatibility

And responsive, prefer given, order executed.

And let the haedware work at full capacity, no OS bottleneck.

W e w l a d s
>>
>>62395060
Ya, Windows 10s pisses me off too.
Unless you pay $200 to unlock it defeating the point of it's "15 second boot time"
(which my Widows 10 pc dose because I don't do any extra bootstraps.) It's...
>Windows 10 Smartphone

I fear how Windows is getting more
> We need to protect people from them selfs
Like Apple's proprietor every thing.
>Wisper lingers in the "Air Pods..."
>>
Like a visine container full of spicy hot sauce. And not in a "i cant believe i didnt see it was hot sauce now my eyes hurt" sort of way. I mean in more of a "LUNIX USERS DONT KNOW HOW GOOD THIS FEELS AHHHHHH MY EYES IM CRYING BECAUSE IT FEELS GOOD" sort of way.
>>
>>62395023
It won't be like anything we haven't seen before. They've reached that final UI type after undoing that metro shitpile and settling for the flat schtick. The only updates you'll be seeing for a while now is minor UI adjustments like icons or arrangement, libraries like the plastic blur effect shit, and a push to get developers writing software using the windows 10 platform libraries.

We've already seen it with apple. Their UI has matured to the point where only superficial visual changes are made, and they decided to just throw in as many blurred elements as they could without hugely impacting usability and performance. You won't see any drastic changes nowadays, only under the hood shit that your average user will never notice.
>>
>>62395023
Probably will continue like macOS from now on
10.1 when
Weren't there rumors about a big cosmetic update for Windows 10 (to shrink taskbar, reintroduce the classic windows colors)? Something something project something, I can't remember its name
>>
>>62395129
A lot of eroges and vns run just fine in wine because they are relatively simple games.
>>
>>62395060
Windows 10S will do exactly as well as Windows RT did, for the same reason. you remember Windows RT? yeah me neither, nobody does.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.