[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apple iphone camera face mask thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: iphone camera face mask.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
iphone camera face mask.png
1MB, 1366x768px
How was this done in regards to programming?

https://youtu.be/WYYvHb03Eog?t=146

The face mask thing. Like how the fuck did they do that?
>inb4 applefag
I'm too poor to afford an iphone and i probably wouldn't buy one anyway

What programming language was that made in? and how do you do it anyway? Are there any known algorithms or concepts for that?
>>
I'm too distracted but that guy's thumb nail. Fingernail clippers exist for a reason you monster.
>>
Brilliant engineering work you have come to expect from Apple.
>>
>>62395462
Yes but how? I want to know how it was done
>>
>>62394386
>Are there any known algorithms or concepts for that?
If they performed that, then, there are.
>>
>>62395452
it's handy for coke fiends
>>
>>62394386
computer vision these days is pretty good and fairly simple to implement.

Not worth the money though.
>>
Image recognition tech has been out there for years. Apple threw papers at pajeets and chinks and some of them managed to shit a fast enough program to put in a phone
>>
it's basically a miniaturized Kinect crammed into a smartphone
https://courses.engr.illinois.edu/cs498dh/fa2011/lectures/Lecture%2025%20-%20How%20the%20Kinect%20Works%20-%20CP%20Fall%202011.pdf
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/publication/combining-multiple-depth-cameras-and-projectors-for-interactions-on-above-and-between-surfaces/
>>
>>62394386
Are you blind retard? You saw wireframe model for a moment. It makes rough model of your head, then applies decorations and textures to that model, then applies rendered texture to your photo. They haven't invented anything, but, i guess, they were first to apply it to camera software.
>>
>>62395612
snapchat has had these for over a year
>>
>>62394386
That's Snapchat. It's on literally any relevant phone.
>>
>>62395462
Gay man
>>
>>62395624
Well, i don't use (((snapchat)))
>>
>>62394386
There is a simple idea behind.
Computer vision uses the projected shadow and difference of tone to distinguish a face.
Basically you split a picture into multiple parts, assign a convoluted (median) value to each part from its tone, then you look for pre-determined to locate a face.
Once it's done, you can measure its dimension and adjust the mask on the face.

There's no magic and it isn't a revolution.
>>
>>62395663
why are you so hostile?
>>
>>62395696
(…) look for pre-determined *patterns*
I forgot a word
>>
>>62395712
Because fuck you, that's why.
>>
>in regards to programming
the way you phrased your question suggests you are about 5 years from understanding how this works, at best. go read up on data structures & algorythms, calculus, computer vision, machine learning - just to understand the very basics. from there you'll probably have a few more years of more specific studying.
>>
The face unlock looks probably faster than Samsung's version but it'll be a killer for most people who are used to TouchID.

Which would you prefer? Pulling your phone out of your pocket with your thumb on the home button to have it unlocked before you even see the screen, or pulling your phone out of your pocket, have to thumb the power button to wake it up, look at the camera and then swipe away the lock screen now that it is unlocked?

For Apple Pay, would you rather double press the power button and then stick your thumb on the home button without having to bring the device up to eye level or double press, bring it up to eye level and then put it down to the reader?

Facial recognition is a gimmick. An interesting techie gimmick but not any more secure or convenient than fingerprint scanning.
>>
>>62395574
>>62395612
>>62395535
>>62395696
Damn.

Any good online courses/books on the topic?
>>
>>62394386
it is done mapping a shitty 3d mesh to the infrared info of the camera
if you look closely, it doesn't even work too fluidly, but at least it looks convincing
>>
>>62395860
opencv.org
>>
>>62395827
i don't mean to be a dick or anything, OP, i'm just letting you know that things we take for granted such as snapchat filters are actually pretty damn sophisticated and are built on top of decades of computer science work. this is far beyond "which programming language was used".
if you're just trying to be a code monkey and not really understand the subject, you can probably find easy to use SDKs.
>>
>>62395452
Black people can't afford clippers
>>
> get sucker punched by melanin enriched individual
> out cold
> he's slightly above average dark skinned intelligence
> unlocks my phone via face recognition
> gets my credit cards from face recognition
> tweets racially charged ebonix at my employer
> i get fired
> 4 digit pin code could have prevented this
>>
>>62395946
if you're this worried about this scenario happening, then why don't you just add a fucking pin code?

ah right, you don't have a job
>>
>>62394386
Facebook has this for quite a while
>>
>>62395887
Thank you!

>>62395921
Yeah I'm used to it, not really a newfa/g/.

>>62395930
He's a poo in loo
>>
Both Samsung and Apple couldn't get through screen fingerprint scanning working.
Samsung put the button on the back near the camera instead, which was a poor choice of placement.
Instead of Apple making the stylistically best decision of their career by turning the Apple logo on the back into the home button they just removed it completely.

>>62395946
Touch ID would have been just as bad.
Pin numbers, pattern unlocks and passwords are actually secure.
>>
>>62395887
Anon who were using openCV a lot here.
I wouldn't be able to do it as precise as they did it's really nice effect. The team who did ARkit might be one of the best on apple.
>>
>>62395983
>ah right, you don't have a job
I know what you are implying and you're fucking retarded.

Lots of jobless people have iPhones.
>>
>>62395479
Are you in a fucking highschool underage faggot?
Try Unity fucking faggot
>>
>>62396023
If I may ask, what application did you use it for?

>>62396036
Relax nigger, I'm just trying to learn
>>
>>62394386
From a simpleton perspective, the new face measuring setup is similar to that of Kinect, where it projects dots onto a face and measures the returning scan of the dots to map a 3d space. In our case, the 3d space is the face. Similarly to how Snapchat manages to fit a face rig to the image based on eyes and mouth, the iPhone is capable of figuring out the face's shape in 3d space. That's seen in some videos as a poligonized face, denser than the one Snapchat uses. Once you have a 3d face rig, I'd assume applying the mask is the same as applying textures in any 3d modeling software. Superimpose that onto the original image, and you get what Snapchat has been doing for several years, but with a bit higher detail.
Like others said, the technicalities are way too complex to explain on one leg.
>>
>>62395828
This is my biggest issue. The touch ID was smooth and one action. Now you have to click a button on the side, hold it up to your face, let it unlock, then swipe up. In the end it is a gimmick, but one that makes it cluncky.
>>
>>62396228
How does it project the dots? Does it have an IR sensor? What about the one used by facebook and sanpchat? I don't imagine lower end phones will have some sort of IR sensor to project the dots?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.