[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try to boot 3 Linux USB livedvds that use SystemD >can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1504739788166-s4s.png (1MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1504739788166-s4s.png
1MB, 720x1280px
>try to boot 3 Linux USB livedvds that use SystemD
>can't reach any runlevel, systemd can't get whatever .dat file it's looking for
>try Gentoo livecd
>justwerks.jpg
why don't more people support OpenRC again?
>>
>>62392910
I ran into an issue where systemd started waiting for five minutes if I boot my computer and it isn't attached to the network. If I plug in an ethernet cable, it pings Google and then continues booting immediately, however if I don't it waits 5 FUCKING MINUTES.

Lennart is training us to have our computers connected to the network. Thing is, this happens whether you use DHCP or a static IP.

Systemd will kill Linux. It's already too big for any embedded application.
>>
>>62394497
if Linux is dying, then what does that tell you about Free Software?
>>
>>62394543
Linux was targeted for subversion in the 1990s by Microsoft and presumably their deep state investors, in the famous Halloween Memo. It took a long time and billions of dollars of investment from several fronts, especially Red Hat, to make this happen.

Free software is still great, but obviously projects need to be aware that if they show technical merit, there will be jealous CIA niggers sent to subvert them. OpenBSD already experienced this and it led to a year-long review of the whole codebase and a host of fixes.

It also reveals their methods - if you make software that's enormous, this just provides a large number of attack vectors which will be difficult to discover. Take the RNG flaw that remained in Linux for over a decade.

Many eyes isn't enough, you need strict governance free of (((industry))) influences, and the smallest code base possible while remaining transparent to anybody who wishes to audit it.

Systemd's code is under constant heavy revision, any review of that system is fairly pointless because by the time you've looked through practically a half million lines of code it will all have changed.
>>
File: dielinuxdie.jpg (239KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
dielinuxdie.jpg
239KB, 640x480px
>>62394768
>smallest code base possible
>>
File: B4BWa0m.jpg (337KB, 1365x768px) Image search: [Google]
B4BWa0m.jpg
337KB, 1365x768px
bump
>>
>>62394900
I bet you could use systemctl or journalctl to find out why it was failing you brainded pi buying asshole.
>>
>>62394947
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

stupid weeb
>>
>>62394947
how does it feel knowing you have to compile systemd to keep Google out of your system?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.