[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If everyone hates systemd then why does every distro use it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1485222708695.png (66KB, 571x372px) Image search: [Google]
1485222708695.png
66KB, 571x372px
If everyone hates systemd then why does every distro use it?
>>
>>62382313
because people that get shit done — ie the people that contribute to the codebase — don't hate it.

systemd haters are like SJWs. they just come stomping into projects and disrupt people from actually working.
>>
>>62382313
If everyone hates windows why no one is installing gentoo?

That's a stupid question son.
>>
>>62382359
not everyone hates windows you spergwarrior
>>
>>62382370
I never include double digit subhumans in "everyone".
>>
File: rundown.png (207KB, 1370x804px) Image search: [Google]
rundown.png
207KB, 1370x804px
>>62382313

SystemD is the wrong solution for the right problem.

Initally SystemD was a great idea, but it soon turned out that the programmers were the wrong people to do it and the community started to hate it. But as it is, comfy always beats reasons. Many people were disappointed when the mayor distros made the switch.

Today SystemD is the biggest security problem of Linux - good luck auditing a metric fuckton of open source code to find the backdoor.

There are many things wrong or at least weird with SystemD, but I can't be arsed to write it here all over again. Just use google and search for "what's wrong with system d" or "exploits system d". Some reasons are in pic realted.
>>
repos, documentation
>>
Because you might end like the Debian creator *tips*
>>
>>62382313
Because the dream of organically community developed GNU/Linux OS is over and everyone is riding the Red Hat wave for as long as they can
>>
"muh filasofee" autists, really.

They're all just butthurt that one guy was able to make a system framework work far better than all their decades of incompetence in one fell swoop.
>>
The vote on Debian for systemd or OpenRC was a near-50/50 split
>>62382639
>t. Lennart "Die Supreme-Missgeburt" Pöttering
>>
>>62382672
I singlehandedly boosted linux market share with my software. Normies like safe, easy-to-use, reliable systems. Systemd provides that.
>>
because only autistic faggots that spend all day on niuean paper mache forums actually hate it
>>
>>62382313
Systemd was a fine idea, but after it got the hooks into big projects, Pottering just kept bolting on more and more unrelated shit. Now it's a fucking disaster.
>>
>>62382313
I don't care about SystemD or Linux, but to me it's a proof that linuxfags' mantra of "if you hate it, then just fork it and improve on it" doesn't work. If they really believe in that reality they'd be doing active dev on the alternative (devuan or whatever) and not whining about it.
>>
>>62382359
Thats a bad analogy because windows is used by everyday people who probably couldn't tell you what linux is.

But contributors to major OSes are not laymen and are more knowledgeable as a rule than people on /g/
>>
File: DoomPaul.png (907KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
DoomPaul.png
907KB, 720x720px
>>62382313
Because it's a NSA botnet plant into GNU/Linux community and soon all kernel will be kidnapped by RedHat.
>>
>>62382700
Linux isn't for retards
>>
>>62382797
But that's exactly what I want to happen.
>>
>>62382313
vocal minority != everyone.
>>
>>62382313
>If everyone hates systemd then why does every distro use it?
Most distros use it because it is very convenient for distro developers. Everybody hates it because it's very shitty for actual users and system administrators.
>>
It has nearly everything you need to have a working linux distribution. It's not GNU+Linux anymore, it's systemd+Linux now.
>>
>>62382639
This.
>>
>>62382797
>what is Ubuntu
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.