[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just brought a new chromebook. What do to get the most out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

I just brought a new chromebook. What do to get the most out of this badboy? Its the Samsung 500c13. Nice and cheap for school but im curious what i should do out of the gate. Its my first chromebook
>>
File: 1463949688021.gif (2MB, 300x283px) Image search: [Google]
1463949688021.gif
2MB, 300x283px
>>62375152
Well

first you should open it, and power it on. Later, when the battery reaches 5% you should plug it in.

second, you should sign in with your gmail account, get your phone ready if you have secondary authentication enabled.

then go ahead and click on the google chrome icon, and you're ready to go!

congradulations, you've got a chomebook :D
>>
>>62375196
I did all that already, im posting on it now lol

Any mices i should look into? Definitely want to invest in one so I can use it at home. Also, what else should i invest in while im at it?
>>
File: 1369048884034.gif (3MB, 190x250px) Image search: [Google]
1369048884034.gif
3MB, 190x250px
>>62375228
Nothing!

you're all set :)
>>
>>62375152
If I had one I'd try crouton with xiwi. They have it now so you can run X programs in a chrome window. Don't know how well it works though.
>>
How do i set up a vpn proxy so i can download shit?
>>
>>62375152

The thing is, you don't have to do a whole lot to a chromebook to start getting the most out of it. Just use it. Browse the web, type things in Gdocs, watch Youtube, shitpost on /g/, etc.

It's not gonna do everything, but that's what your desktop is for.
>>
>>62375477
Right now I dont have a desktop. For now its just this
>>
I just realized I cant use play store on this chromebook, is there anyway around this or am i fucked?
>>
>>62375875
You can if you're running the right version chromeOS.
Have to change some settings around though, google is your friend here.
>>
>>62376037
Well im trying to figure it out that way. I changed the channel to dev, im waiting for it to finish updating. What else am i suppose to do? I was gonna follow this guys advice but does it look legit?
https://9to5google.com/2016/10/06/how-to-get-android-apps-running-on-almost-any-chromebook-right-now-video/

I dont wanna fuck my shit up i just got it
>>
Ok nvm, changing the channel is all i needed to do

What should i know about using the chromebook in this mode? Come on people I cant be the only one using one of these
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.