[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why do we hate JavaScript and Node.js? This is elegant.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: vezwyo0qq4lz.png (497KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
vezwyo0qq4lz.png
497KB, 2560x1440px
So why do we hate JavaScript and Node.js?

This is elegant.
>>
>>62372664
>arrows going everywhere
spaghetti code
>>
>>62372943

But the arrows can only go in and out of the components.
>>
>>62372943
It's planar graph, my dude. Spaghetti requires tangled arrows.
>>
>>62372943
OP's picture just has a poor layout.

Flux architecture is actually very elegant and simple to follow.
>>
>>62373015
Looks like MVC familia.
>>
>>62373049
MVC is more complicated and harder to debug.

Nice thing about flux is everything only flows in one direction.
And (ideally) the entire state is stored in just one place.
>>
>>62373116
I honestly don't see the difference except that this enforces one way data flow?
>>
>>62373193
It's not a world shocking difference that totally throws out decades of software development, If that's what you were expecting.

More an improvement on MVC.

Also not limited to JS, btw.
>>
>>62373237
Well React/Flux evangelists could've fooled me. Still no one's ported this to any other platform, but I'm sure that's just the momentum behind JS at the moment.
It really is a shame that native toolkits are all stuck in the late 80s in terms of programming paradigms.
>>
JS represents the normie-sation of programming. So people who know only JS reinvent the wheel and try to force it into places it doesn't belong. JS on microcontrollers is absurd. And know what we used to call a transpiler? A compiler.

There's no other reason all these technologies would be based off a flawed language made to sell a browser.
>>
>>62373285
I think using a framework/toolkit at all is the problem.

I use standalone tools that I happen to like, and tie them together in my architecture of choice.
But I could easily switch out some tools, or even change the architecture (I probably won't do the latter mid project though).
Kinda like the Linux philosophy.
>>
>>62373352
The problem is that JS, especially after ES6, is "good enough."

Expect JS to gain even more market share before the backlash starts to have any impact.
>>
>>62372664
node.js is kinda clever. It's a good idea to have javascript on the backend as well.
>>
>>62373368
Yep, it would be great. Part of it is legacy and part of it is that JS is just better at gluing things together.
Just my perspective from a shitty enterprise software dev.

Side note: Fuck OO, and reflecting the world in your object model. It's a poison that's given everyone 15+ years of shit libraries.
>>
>>62373637
>It's a good idea to have javascript on the backend as well.
Why?
>>
>>62373775
To get those frontend devs to do work on the backend without making them learn more languages. As a business solution it's great.
>>
>>62373775
Switching back and forth between languages introduces unnecessary confusion.

I stopped writing the backend in Python for this reason.
>>
>>62373775
Lets you re-use some code (especially nice for data serializing since it can go both ways)
And it's easier to switch between working on front and back end.
>>
>>62373775
Front end devs already know JS. JS for backend potentially enables businesses to flood the employee market, driving down wages.
>>
File: 1405381737120.jpg (64KB, 600x558px) Image search: [Google]
1405381737120.jpg
64KB, 600x558px
>>62372664
>Mixing templates and js code
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.