[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is lisp a meme, or is it as good as Richard Stallman says it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: princess-lisp.png (56KB, 800x369px) Image search: [Google]
princess-lisp.png
56KB, 800x369px
Is lisp a meme, or is it as good as Richard Stallman says it is?
I'm from a C++ background.
>>
Currently I program in C because it's the only language to make libraries that can be easily used from other languages, also I do some projects from time to time.
When ever I'm programming in something that's not Common Lisp I wish I was programming with Common Lisp. I love the macros, and if you don't like something you can modify the parser.
The language is sweet, too bad that there's no statically typed common lisp. Deploying applications is also ugly because you have to pack the whole runtime with your application or tell users to install lisp.
>>
>>62371256
Sounds too good to be true. I'm currently learning emacs, maybe I can get some lisp knowledge out of it.

Thanks for your help!
>>
if keeping track of the exact number of open brackets and closing them at the end of a function is annoying, why not define a symbol or command that instructs the compiler to close all open brackets?
>>
>>62371443
no one keeps track of the brackets the text editor takes care of it for you
>>
>>62371141
Lisp is the perfect language. Macros are the most powerful programming tool ever made, and lisp makes them possible in an elegant way.
>>
>>62371141
Just so you know, the lisp general moved to lainchan's /lambda/ board. You can find resources and otner lisp programmers there.
>>
>>62371256
Shen is statically typed and implemented in common lisp
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.