[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rajatb hageria/2017/09/10/is-le

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: blah.jpg (225KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
blah.jpg
225KB, 960x960px
https://www.forbes.com/sites/rajatbhageria/2017/09/10/is-learning-how-to-code-still-worth-it/#50c6755a75a1

So guys, is it still worth learning? After all, we can just be outsourced to robots...
>>
>>62367640
man I hate these kind of articles, my college class is filled to the brim with fucking normie trash, it's insufferable.
>>
>>62367655
>t. I dropped out because I was too advanced for that crap
>>
>>62367640
>forbes
I am not going there. Screenie.
>>
>>62367666
I'm still there, though my soul suffers, they're just in it for the money, they don't care about designing software or programming something for the sake of it, none of them even thought of the idea of contributing to open source software, when I mention it, the very idea makes them cringe, they have little interest in the technology only the money, and they're all normies, none of them ever been exposed to geeky shit like some old vidya like WoW or some nuance with an OS.
>>
>>62367688
I hated it too, it's a trash site.

>>62367695
Also still in uni for CS, and can vouch for this 110%. None of my classmates even care about the math/science/etc behind it all, they all just want to go out and c/p from stackoverflow and make millions. It hurts. I feel that feel.
>>
>>62367760
>forbes
look at the url, it's written by a pajeet, they're so easy to spot, they have a j somewhere usually
>>
>>62367695
>old vidya like WoW

You mean "old vidya like Warcraft"? WoW isn't old.
>>
>>62368071
WoW is 13 years old.
>>
Go study and get off /g/
>>
File: source.gif (3MB, 498x270px) Image search: [Google]
source.gif
3MB, 498x270px
>>62368102
What??? 13 years old? But it wasn't long ago that I...
>>
>>62367640

>learning-to-code-still-worth-it

Its 'worth it' in so far as learning basic math is worth it. That is to say, every fucking kid in the last 5-10 years is learning programming in 5th grade.

If you're an oldfag and haven't learned basic programming concepts you are fast becoming a dinosaur.
>>
>>62368169
Yeah. Some of the players playing the game are younger than the game.

Oh, and if you are feeling old, there is always this fact: Babies born on the same year The Matrix came out... are now fully legal adults.
>>
>>62368295
I was in my 20s when WoW came out :/
>>
I raged instantly when I read the time but at the end I ended up agreeing. It's a good thing if less filthy normies learn programming and stop polluting our precious field with their stupid ideas.
>>
Yes, it's definitely not worth it to start studying coding or programming. Just don't bother.
>>
File: 1465588416345.jpg (143KB, 908x756px) Image search: [Google]
1465588416345.jpg
143KB, 908x756px
>>62367695
>>62367760
This is why I'm in it for a masters degree, not just a bachelors. To do anything "interesting" in computer science these days requires a more advanced degree on-top of 6-years work experience doing co-ops and internships or short-term contracts.

Hell, I feel like anyone who talks about wanting to learn "computer programming" instead of "data science" is instantly in this field for the wrong reasons. Hopefully the work I do down the road will replace all these useless fucks with algorithms that can do their job for free.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.