[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2nd degree

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: t3_4dduxv.jpg (106KB, 500x526px) Image search: [Google]
t3_4dduxv.jpg
106KB, 500x526px
Ask a someone in their late 20s who decided to get a second bachelors in computer science anything.
>>
Why aren't you getting a non-meme degree in math, physics or electrical engineering?
>>
Why are you so afraid of the real world
>>
>>62358835
I already got a non-meme degree. I want a job that I can jump between industries with. Everyone uses computers.
>>
>>62358867
I've been in the real world for about 4 years. I'm well aware of what it has to offer.
>>
>>62358828
What kind of underwear are you wearing?
>>
>>62358894
I'm actually not wearing any. I have compression shorts (prevent thigh chafing) on under some looser running shorts.
>>
File: karenbooty.png (749KB, 600x676px) Image search: [Google]
karenbooty.png
749KB, 600x676px
>>62358913
Nice
>>
Hey fellow old fag that started too late. I'm in my last year, turned 30 a week ago. RIP
>>
>>62358828
Late 20's here, looking to get a second bachelors in CS/CE soon, so I have some questions for you.

1. What was your first degree?
2. Why did you decide for a second degree?
3. How old were you when you finished your first degree/how old were you when you started this one?
4. What do you want to do with the CS degree, and are you going to use your first one at all?
5. Did you go to the same school for both, and if so, what were scholarship options like, and since your second was likely treated as a graduate degree(?), how was dealing with the graduate school for admissions?

I went with a bachelors in fucking performing arts, so yeah. Realized about half-way through that it wasn't really my thing, but I had so much scholarship money behind me and a load of family/friend support, that I felt obligated to do it, stupid as that sounds now.
>>
26 here also decided to do a cs degree my question is why aren't you doing a code bootcamp ? I'm dropping out and enrolling in a bootcamp uni is a meme
>>
>>62358828
>>62358835
Yeah join us electrical engineering furrys x3
>>
File: 1505097823155.jpg (23KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1505097823155.jpg
23KB, 600x400px
>>62358828
>he's too incompetent to pick up programming on his own in a few months
Well, I work for the university system now so thanks for the money I guess, lol.
>>
>>62359974
Uni can be a meme, but holy shit if there ever is a mother of all memes it's a bootcamp. That market is so over-saturated, and employers know you're pretty much only competent in a narrow subset of one skill, if even that. If they want a code monkey, they'll hire poojeet for 1/3d of your salary.
>>
>>62360003
>computer science is programming
>>
File: 1505009103245.png (231KB, 304x366px) Image search: [Google]
1505009103245.png
231KB, 304x366px
>>62360053
>going back for a CS degree
>not intending to get a programming job
>>
Most schools don't offer it, did you get into one? Did they offer you financial aid?
>>
>>62360003
I'd like to do this, either in CS or IT, get that faculty discount and get paid so I can go to school for cheap.

How's that working for you Anon? Are you able to balance work and school? What are you doing for the school?
>>
>>62358876
>I want a job that I can jump between industries with. Everyone uses computers.
this is why I majored in communications. everyone communicates.
>>
>>62359997
This is why I hate electrical engineers
>>
>>62360083
> he thinks computer science means programming
holy shit wtf
>>
>>62359822
Jk I suck cocks.

Misread that thinking you had it already.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.