[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's not a bug it's a feature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: They refused to be saved.jpg (123KB, 546x900px) Image search: [Google]
They refused to be saved.jpg
123KB, 546x900px
Create a user called '0day', get bonus root privilege.

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/6237
>>
>it was done on purpose

lmao
>>
Wow, linux is such an advanced and intelligent operating system.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170911_110638.png (399KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170911_110638.png
399KB, 1920x1080px
>>62358437
What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>62358821
>Manjaro
disgusting
>>
>>62360312
So is ur mom
>>
>>62358821
You're bumping a three hour old shitpost with another shitpost instead of killing yourself.
>>
>>62358437
>they STILL use systemd after this
>>
>>62358437
> tfw 0day isn't a valid username
good job-o friend-o
>>
>>62358437
you should be happy >pic related is so similar to each other...democracy in the united states is equatable to facism
>>
>>62358821
>>62360671
If you actually read the link, you will see that the problem is that the kernel itself don't check, just the adduser program, so you can feasibly create your own adduser that does not check.
>>
>>62360687
>democracy in the united states is equatable to facism

Explain
>>
>>62360774
>aryan nation
>>
Just a little bug, not an extrem insecure feature that will kill your pc.
Very few persons in the world has used this username, so it's not really important and you still need root to create the user.
I'm using a distro without systemd because GNU/linux != systemd.
>>
>>62360701
> the kernel
Boy, you skipped elementary or what?
The kernel gives jack shit about root and other users. It's systemd that fucks up big time.
>>
>>62361109
There are two different bugs listed there.
>adduser did not validate the username string and created the "0day" user
>systemd defaults to root if the uid was invalid
I would say the first is the smaller issue, but combined with the second, it is dangerous.
Poettering was wrong closing the ticket, as becoming root by accident is a huge bug
>>
>>62358463
> This software isn't absolutely flawless at every single iteration, must be worthless

If Windows and OSX were open-source I'm sure you'd find just as many if not more bugs and vulnerabilities.
>>
>Because Linux is open-source a globalist german thought it was a good idea to fuck up the init system
>Red Hat thought it was a good idea to make it standard
That's why we need a more centralization to purge this kind of garbage
>>
File: 1500117648108.png (469KB, 655x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500117648108.png
469KB, 655x480px
>>62358463
>>62362053

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>62362281
Can this pasta stop already?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.